The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Heavy vaping when you vape a lot

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Harlen, Oct 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Harlen

Harlen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    Hello all
    I like to vape and I do it all day every day
    for me to vape all day I need to cut the nicotine down so as to not take in to much nicotine .
    I have my day starter at 8mg/ml but after the first hr I switch to 4mg/ml and this I vape all day
    I'm now on 100% Vg the only Pg is what's in the flavoring .This keeps me feeling good and no sore throat and no head ache

What do you do ??
    Best wishes
    H

2. FACE MEAT

FACE MEAT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Costa Mesa, CA
    I generally stay at the same nicotine content, regardless of the time of day. I'm not a particularly heavy vaper, so I rarely feel like I need to take it down a notch.

3. Harlen

Harlen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    I think I vape to much

4. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    I vape all day every day. I'm a chain vaper. I use 18mg and stay with that all day. I must admit my throat does get kinda raw by the end of the day. I try to drink lots of fluids which helps but Switching from a 75/25 to a 50/50 helped a lot.

5. Phoole

Phoole Full Member Verified Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Florida
    I generally vape an 18 all day and feel like I should be putting it down more often. :2cool: I am planning on cutting the nic down anyway, so my next bottle is going to be a lower PG/12mg mix.

6. CommaHolly

CommaHolly Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Plant City, FL
    I went 0 nic so I could vape as much as I wanted LOL,,,,,,

but I vape a TON,,,,,,,15-20 mls a day,,,,,,

7. yellowsnow

yellowsnow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 13, 2013
    New Mexico
    I usually vape 18 -20 mg all day @ 50/50 and I have had no issues as of yet.

8. HeadInClouds

HeadInClouds Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2013
    I vape on and off all day, usually 20mg, and an hour or two straight before bedtime. No, it doesn't keep me awake any more than my constant coffee habit ;-)

9. tdavids

tdavids Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2012
    Oregon
    I vape 3mg all day long I started at 24 and worked my way down. No sore throat but I do get some flem buildup in the back of my throat, thinking about going to 50/50.

10. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I've been vaping 24mg juice for 3 1/2 years and I'm finally tapering down. I'm at 16mg and 18mg now and headed to 12mg and then to 6mg.

Anyone experience weight gain as they went to really low nic levels? I read a post the other day about a guy who tapered down after quitting smoking and started weight gain at the end. I always thought that it was the nervous eating and better taste from food that made people gain weight after quitting smoking.

If that actually happens, I might have to just stay at 12mg. :)

11. RobinBanks

RobinBanks Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    I vape 18 mg during the day (where I started) and just recently bought some 12mg juices to vape at night. I've come to notice that I chain vape in the evening and the nic has been keeping me awake and sometime I'm a wee bit nauseated when I do lay down. The plan is to eventually step down to all 12mg nic and then to 6mg in the evenings. I think it'll be OK. So far I have not felt dissatisfied vaping the 12mg.

12. RobinBanks

RobinBanks Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Lack of nicotine cannot cause a person to gain weight. Now, nicotine is a stimulant/appetite suppressant, so using one could help a person eat less, but not using it will not inherently cause one to gain weight ... putting more calories in your body than you can consume does.

13. grm

grm Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    buffalo,ny
    I started 4 years ago at 24 and weened my way down to 6mg now.If i vape anything over 10mg now i get a nic overdose real quick and feel like ... for awhile.I dont know how you guys chain vape 18 or 24mg all day lol.id be sweating and getting nausiated lol....

14. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Las Vegas
    I never get any negative reactions to vaping, and I do it pretty much 24/7 since I seldom sleep. But then I use very little nic solution anymore, and when I do add it to my DIY it's at 6mg.

15. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    KY
    I used to use 18mg and vaped about 3 ml or less per day. A few months back I changed equipment and the devices I use now produce a lot more vapor. I'm down to 6 or 7 mg but vape 6 or more mls per day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.