Hello All!! Looking for a vapeless e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorkMan

Jul 17, 2019
New Orleans
But ONLY snus has made me puke, and I've been up to 36 mg/ml before (in MTL setups but still) after my just after my first anniversary like, uh, relapse. Yeah. That didn't make me feel ill at all, but it did work.
Anna

You use snus? I’d stay away from copenhagen and skoal! Once I finally kicked that habit I had recurring dreams where I had a mouthful of the stuff and couldn’t get rid of it, no water anywhere. Strange.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Pretty much most Swedish smokers have quit with this stuff. No oral issues, although your tins ill come plastered with warnings about them.

You can buy direct from Sweden and/or many gas stations carry the Swedish Brand confusingly labeled "American General Snus" if you want to try it.

The Swedes studied this stuff extensively and it is more or less harmless. They claim 95% instead of 90% or 98% instead of 95% I forget.

I trust the Swedes they know what they are about.

Try the gas station version first. Shipping rates from Sweden pretty much dictate you buying a LOT if you buy from them.

ANna

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2019
Atlanta Georgia
I didn't trust the Swedes at all when my Volvo blew up, then learned they were using Renault engines, which makes a whole lot more sense. My Ikea table is still rubbish, so I'm not sure now ;)

But they seem to have hit on something with Snus. As I understand it the product dates back to the 17th Century, which is I guess is a long enough trial period even for them. I know I read somewhere that it appears to be safer than other forms of Tobacco, except (if i remember correctly) there are certain areas of the World that it maybe unsafe. Here's where I don't recall, the areas, I know Iran or Iraq was included, maybe on the FDA website or one of the many Cancer Websites out there.

But it must be safer than smoking or chewing tobacco.

markus2413524135

Aug 7, 2019
Omg, you all are amazing!!! I really appreciate how active this community is!!

So far, from what I have gathered, it seems like my best options are:

1. QuickNIC: QuickNIC Nicotine Inhaler - QuickNIC
2. Invisible Vapor: Invisible Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Cartridges | White Cloud
3. A Boulder Rock Kit: Rock Kit

4.....A pod system with a high PG

I should have been more explicit on why I am asking this in the original post. I currently use all VUSE products and their Alto product seems to be the best for me to curb cravings at work.

However, it still does release vapor. Where I work, we are the analytics and research division of a PBM company (I know, the devil). Our new office area is in a "pit" of sorts, with desks right next to each other where we are on display constantly for clients, or potential clients, who want a tour of our space and what we do.

In this pit, even a slight vapor exhale would be easily visible to everyone around me and clients who walk above on a platform.

My background is that I am a former cigarette smoker who has quick for over 4 years using gas station vaping products such as VUSE and Logic. I try to avoid JUUL devices just because I have heard negative things about the way they make your throat feel over time (no idea if this is true).

So with this said, I will check out items 1-3 but I am also very interested in option 4. I separated that one out from the other 3 because I have no idea what this is or what it means. I have never owned something that I had to put together with a coil and voltage equipped pieces. I don't even know how to do that or if I want to go that route.

Can anyone shed some light on what a pod system with a high PG is?

Thank you again!!!
Mark

• Informative
Reactions: gerrymi

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hey everyone,

I am looking for an e-cig that contains nicotine but does not produce any vapor that you exhale. I just need something more discreet.

Does this even exist? If so, what is the brand/name?

Thanks!!
Mark

Most of us turned to vaping because it was a way to continue the actions of smoking without the harm factor. Vaping satisfies the hand to mouth actions of smoking and gives us the nicotine we were accustomed to. If vaping produced no vapor we'd think something was wrong and we'd miss part of the satisfaction that vaping provides. Just my opinion.

If it's just the nicotine you are looking for without the vapor exhale you might want to try Nicorette gum or A Nicorette inhaler that provides the nicotine hit without the vapor. That would allow you to get your nic hit in public without visible vapor.

PG and VG are the sources of vapor in an Ecig, so one or both of those are necessary to provide the nic hit.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Can anyone shed some light on what a pod system with a high PG is?
Pod setups are about the most convenient and user-friendly e-cigarette setups that you can find on the market. You end up paying with your wallet over time for that convenience, but if that is what works for you, then its the best setup for you regardless of the price.

Pod setups are of two types basically, open and closed systems. With open systems, the user can refill the juice pods (tanks) with e-liquid of their own choosing that is purchased separately. With closed systems, the user can not refill the juice pods and must use a NEW proparitary pod when it runs out of e-liquid.

PG is one of the components that make up e-liquid. Pg, Vg, flavoring agents, and liquid nicotine. Pg tends to be a thinner consistancy (like water) than Vg (like oil), so it "wicks" easier and faster than Vg. E-liquids are often available in different Pg/Vg ratio's, such as 30% pg and 70% vg. So a pod with a high pg ratio just has more pg than vg in the mix.

Pod systems also often use a more specialized e-liquid called "nic salts" as opposed to the regular "free base nic". Nic salts, or pronated nicotine, has been formulated to have less of a throat hit (a smoother vape) and to have a much higher nicotine concentration than free base nic. So you get more nicotine per draw into your system with less of the harshness or throat hit.

Best Pod Vapes of 2019: Complete Guide and Reviews - Vaping Daily

7 Best Pod Vapes and JUUL Alternatives 2019 [Aug] - Vaping360

Best Pod Vape (2019) - We tested all the pod vapes. Which is the best ...

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Pods are still going to give off vapor and since you say you don't want that, I'd scratch that option and move on to one of the others.
I agree with this on general principle.

However, I recently purchased my first pod setup to use in special circumstances for a stealth vape. If you learn how to use the "double inhale" technique, you can learn to vape with virtually no visible vapor. The technique requires practice.

Last edited:

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Interesting thread actually (at first I thought it was a rediculous question, but know I understand) Don't laugh, but I might have a simple solution. Ever heard of a water pipe? How about using that idea in reverse? Just have a plastic cup of water with a straw (like from fast food place) with water in it. Exhale the vape into the straw. The water might absorb some of the vape.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I tried my idea and if you exhale slowly it seems to work, but it is noisy... like an aquarium bubbler.
The "binaca" sprayer is an interesting idea, but be careful how strong of nicotine you use and also thin the juice with some water. Flavored juice would be fine, but for stealth vaping unflavored might be better (and really cheap)

markus2413524135

Aug 7, 2019
I tried my idea and if you exhale slowly it seems to work, but it is noisy... like an aquarium bubbler.
The "binaca" sprayer is an interesting idea, but be careful how strong of nicotine you use and also thin the juice with some water. Flavored juice would be fine, but for stealth vaping unflavored might be better (and really cheap)

Gotcha, like how much water would you think? And do you just spray it in the mouth and you don't inhale it??

Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Yes, just spray in mouth. Be careful, I have accidentally got 12mg nic juice in my mouth and it's very strong. The water will dilute it (thin it so it sprays easier and dilute the nic) I have no idea how much juice or what nic strength... it sort of a no-no around here to recommend using juice orally so do it at your own risk (try this at home first!) Could be interesting if someone asks you if they could do a spray of your "binaca".

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Could be interesting if someone asks you if they could do a spray of your "binaca".

Since most of us here are well acquainted with the joys of nicotine...I would not be too surprised if a non-smoking/non-vaping borrower found the "nicotinized binaca" to be quite delightful...:thumbs:

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome to the friendly bunch :)

In my opinion the best way is with an mouth to lung draw in a pod device with high strength salt nic. A combination of this and holding the vapor in works very well for me.

Remember...half the battle is do it confidently....hope you get through the issue :)

markus2413524135

Aug 7, 2019
Thank you all so much.

Just wanted to follow up on the recommendations I tried and my thoughts:

1. QuickNIC
Pros: It is small and it does deliver the nicotine fix I need but it isn't super "satisfactory". You don't really feel any inhale and it doesn't seem to kick in til a few minutes after you use it. I may be using it wrong or I'm using it right and it just take a little while longer to soak in through the skin in the mouth.
Cons: It still makes a fairly loud noise, like an old asthma inhaler would. Also, it isn't super discreet as the sides of the vapor containers say "Quick Nic" pretty big on them (yes, I saw that in the pictures on their site but I still wanted to give it a try. I want to make sure I try all my options as I'm sure what I am looking for is out there, I just have to find it.). I'm sure this could be covered up but this isn't super ideal.
Overall - I think I will use this as a last resort back up

2. White Cloud Cirrus 3X with Invisi-Vapor cartridges
Pros: These were overall my favorite. It feels very similar to vaping a Vuse Solo pen but the invisi-vapor cartridges literally have no visible vapor coming out of the lungs that I have seen thus far! My biggest concern with being able to find something that had no visible vapor leaving the lungs was that you wouldn't be able to tell if you inhaled anything or if it was just a dud. You can definitely feel it going in and coming out but you see nothing. It's amazing
Cons: My only negative thing to say about this is it is still a pen so it is kinda obvious and long (same length as a Vuse Solo pen or about the same length so it isn't too obnoxious). Also, I bought the Cirrus 3X pens that are black and all the cartridges are white so it is fairly obvious when I am holding one.
Overall - Makes no noise and no vapor - this thing is my go to once my cube moves :) so far anyway

3. A Boulder Rock Kit
Pros: Bought two of these things and I love them!! They are refillable pods which is amazing. I didn't even know this existed!!
Cons: Definitely has a visible vapor exhale so this is a no go at the office unfortunately. I also want to add this thing makes quite a bit of noise during inhale at a quiet office!! I had to stop using it. This actually produces more vapor than what I am currently using (Alto by Vuse). Even with the double inhale trick or using a kleenex to exhale into, there was still a visible exhale either way, albeit pretty small.
Overall: This is my new go to at home! Love this thing. Unfortunately, not so great at the office

Still yet to try:
I got a Bianca spray thing and I have vape juice now that I ordered with the Boulder rock kits but.....the bianca spray that I ordered was the aerosol ones that I can't refill (SMH). The other ones are arriving today so hopefully those I can refill. I can't wait to try that out as that may be my best overall option.

Thank you all so much for your help and suggestions thus far!!

If you have any others that you've heard of or that you know about, please let me know.

You guys are amazing. Thank you for all your help.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread