Hello - Complete Newbie - Tight Chest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capa

Jul 11, 2015
Hi there,

I'm looking at switching to vaping - but don't have much of an idea where to start.

At the moment I smoke socially - e.g. at the pub on a friday night I'll get through about ten cigarettes but then I'll leave it alone for the rest of the week. Problem being that I play quite a lot of sport and would quite like to *not* smoke.

However, I've pinched a couple of drags on other peoples vapes - no idea what model they are - and the next day I've woken up with quite a tight chest and a dry tickle cough. Is this normal? If not is there anything I can do about it?

But yeah - essentially I'm looking for a good place to start reading about the whole vaping thing, and, if possible to get some idea of what vape & liquid I should be buying. Please help! :)

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi! :)

This is not uncommon. As I've been reminded recently, I had more than the normal amount of problems adjusting to vaping. The variety in liquids and power of the e-cigarettes makes for many permutations. Are you UK or US or somewhere else completely?

If you enjoy sport, I can tell you swapping from cigs to vaping has made a huge difference.

Reactions: Susan~S

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
2 ingredients are a part of what we call "throat hit", the PG and Nicotine. Not knowing what strength nicotine you were vaping it would be difficult to narrow down which is causing your throat tickle. (I would guess nicotine) The tight chest is a common symptom of VG, also referred to as heavy lung. Search Results for Query: tight chest | E-Cigarette Forum The only way to tell what is effecting you in this manner would be to know what you vaped. (for example a high nicotine VG based ejuice)

I'd recommend starting with a 50pg/50vg ejuice and Zero nicotine if you decide to vape. (PG and VG are the base in ejuice... there is a keyword activated search box in the upper right above your name where you can type in any vape related search term and get hundreds of results.)

I'm going to guess you are UK based by your use of the word pub (bar/nightclub), and pinched (hit), so I will post these links :
E-cigarette/E-liquid Vendors List + discount codes | ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK
UK Forum | E-Cigarette Forum
UK and Ireland Suppliers | E-Cigarette Forum
Myepack.co.uk
COUPONS - Stores - ECF E-Cigarette Coupons

My recommended starter kit for someone is the Eleaf iStick 30 watt mod/battery and the Aspire Nautilus Mini tank. Good luck in your vape journey.

Reactions: Susan~S

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Capa. Glad to have you here!:)

If you are interested in learning more about e-cigarettes (and all the parts and pieces) below are some blog posts by ECF member @Baditude that I highly recommend for someone new to vaping. Newer equipment has come out since these blogs were written but they give you are great introduction to vaping.

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods
3. Proper terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments
4. Something Safe for Cinnamon and Citrus Flavors

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Super.

Well thanks for the info guys. You guess correctly - I am UK based. I even tried to hide it too, evidently not very well haha

I have ordered myself a vape and some 50/50 liquid so I'll see how I get on. :)

I think the bit "e.g. at the pub on Friday night" gave the game away... and the word "drags"...

:)

Just be very, very careful what and where you buy. It's a jungle out there of total rip-off companies. Beware the large "brands" and use an independent online store that knows what they are doing. Do not trust google... I'm afraid it is not your friend. It's totally rigged... seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread