Hello from a new user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Islandswamp

May 17, 2017
Hello there,

My name is Joe Fiorini. My handle is Islandswamp on Twitter and joe.fiorini.98 on Instagram.

I smoked for around ten years and I never was able to quit. I liked smoking, but I knew it was killing me slowly. I dabbled in cigalikes since 2011 but I was always a dual user. About three or four months ago I decided that it was time for me to quit smoking and start vaping completely.

I noticed that all the people I knew from my online gaming circle had quit smoking using Mods instead of cigalikes, so I figured I would try that. My first device was a Mistic Pod Mod, and it was immediately a lot better than everything I had tried before. Eventually I learned how to prime coils and buy juice through watching videos so I moved on to the smok Vape pen 22 and later a (crappy) Haus mod. I just got my first real Smok Mod and V8 Stick in the mail this week, and I couldn't be happier. I'm going to vape forward my original pen and mod to my wife until she's ready to move on herself.

I'm very happy to be off the cigarettes. I'm also happy that I can still enjoy a vape after a meal or a hard day at work. It's nice to have that but not smell gross and be coughing all the time.

I've been chronicling some of my exploits on my blog too: The IslandSwamp This blog started as a way to write stuff outside of the usual writing work that I do (writing articles about Magic: the Gathering). It's a variety of material, some about gaming and lately some pieces on vaping. I'm not paid for any of that writing (on the blog), so if I talk about a juice I enjoyed you'll know I'm telling you my honest opinion.

Thanks for your time. And for those of you who took the time to check out my blog, thank you twice as much. Feel free to leave a comment as the feedback helps me craft better content.

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
Welcome to the forum, and gratz on the quitting.
I think your link has ben removed due to being new user.
I know a lot fora this automatic as an anti-spam measure.

Still had a look at your blog although the game thing is lost on me.
Was more of FPS, but I think those reflexes are fading with age.

Must admit you don't look like the average DnD type nerd :p

Reactions: Izan

Islandswamp

May 17, 2017
I think that Magic has a wide enough of a following that it includes people all along the nerd spectrum. Personally I played in high school, quit after my senior year. Then I took up smoking, drinking, partying, and playing guitar. That was my life for the next yen years until I got married and had a son. I quit everything besides smoking and a little guitar playing now and then, and I decided to pick up Magic again as it was a fairly tame hobby. My quitting cigs was inspired by my desire to want to live to see my son grow up.

I started writing articles about Magic a few years back and I started the blog so I could have more freedom as to what I write. Unfortunately the blog is far less popular than my other writing, but I still enjoy it.

Side note: will my links get put back on eventually? I'm not trying to spam the site with self-promotion, but at the same time I'd like to let people know about it in a low-key manner if possible.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Side note: will my links get put back on eventually? I'm not trying to spam the site with self-promotion, but at the same time I'd like to let people know about it in a low-key manner if possible.
They won't get put back but you will be able to post links after a certain number of posts - not sure how many.
They will. If you quote his post and click the "show BBCode" button, you'll see the URL's are still intact. Just the hotlinks are masked so they aren't clickable, but once he gets past however many messages (I think it's five) and the forum updates (I think it's twenty-five past the hour) they should go live. I think. Been a while since I was a "new user" but I think that's how it used to work, at least.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I'm going to vape forward my original pen and mod to my wife until she's ready to move on herself.
I'm very happy to be off the cigarettes. I'm also happy that I can still enjoy a vape after a meal or a hard day at work. It's nice to have that but not smell gross and be coughing all the time.
Welcome and glad you joined. Good luck with the wife. One of the hardest things to do is to convince a smoker that vaping is many times better than smoking. Anyway, I'm glad you see the light, might run below past the wife:
Start vaping in 5 easy steps, the Beginners’ Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread