Hello from India - noob vaper needing help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@HazyShades
There are just so many variant - eVic vtwo, eVIc tron S - what exactly am I looking for and they are all VERY VERY costlier than the 20-30 you said :(

@Letitia
My bad, but what is the clearance section?
Clearance or sale prices. Gear that came out 2 years ago are usually cheaper. Just ignore smok brands. Their quality control is iffy and repairs or returns would be a nightmare for you due to location. eleaf and Aspire are 2 good brands whose devices last a long time. Innokin is another good brand.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Just ignore Smok brands. Their quality control is iffy and repairs or returns would be a nightmare
Not to mention explosive mods with a penchant for venting batteries.
If it's Smok it has to have a defective switch.
i love my old Bec Pro but refuse to leave it unattended with the battery in it.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia
I get it. The eventual goal is to get something to control wattage so that the vaping experience is good. The immediate goal is to keep the cigarettes at bay. But I understand that I need to make up my mind about getting another device. Slightly difficult decision for me to make just yet :(
What exactly have you ordered? Just the AIO and coils? If so that gives you 2 complete setups and time to slow down. You may find the aio works well for you. If you feel it limits your experience then look for a mod that gives you more control.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Not to mention explosive mods with a penchant for venting batteries.
If it's Smok it has to have a defective switch.
i love my old Bec Pro but refuse to leave it unattended with the battery in it.
Smok devices that are made correctly aren't bad per se. It's the quality control that is the real issue which is inexcusable and unacceptable.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I would also advise you to back off of DIY e-liquids for the time being. You can research about them, but until you find and enjoy a couple of reliable vape setups, you've got plenty to learn until that time comes. You already are experiencing information overload. ;)

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@Letitia
I thought it was a sub forum or something. I guess I have more than enough recommendations from you folks that I do not have to research that. I think all I need to settle on is a good mod for tc/wattage control... in the near future. Slow down seems fair !

@tailland
Indian customs. Definitely. Lots of reports of general confiscation with no explanation whatsoever. My Frank Zappa CD last week was devoured and finally delivered. Its a travesty, thankfully I dont think they listened to it !!

@Baditude
Yes sir. I definitely am not looking to do DIY liquids for now. Vaporesso until the eGO arrives, then use that for awhile and then decide on a mod you guys have mentioned and hit back for advice. That is the plan :)

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@Letitia
AIO, coils, battery and charger - all in the last 2 hours :)
General question - how do you measure vaping experience? What is the benchmark to conclude if a device is good or bad? Half the liquids I have I do not like. I like the vaporesso and its vapor production. So what parameters influence this? I know it is super subjective but nevertheless your opinion would always be welcome :)

Reactions: stols001

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
General question - how do you measure vaping experience? What is the benchmark to conclude if a device is good or bad?
Individual taste.
Does the device work consistently. Is it variable wattage. Will it fire sub ohm coils..
I've been looking around and the best I can find is the Vaporesso Switcher TC for 4790 Rs ($68)

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Is it the chinese shipping you mistrust, or the indian customs?
Chinese shipping is just SLOW and the Chinese have a lot of festivals where they all stop working..but they are trustworthy.
Indian customs is a bummer as is the amount of time they take ( I buy stuff from both China and India often)
to make it worse the Indian Postal Service doesn't play nice with the Universal Postal Union
therefore USPS refuses to honor Indian tracking numbers..thus if an Indian vendor wants to make sure the package arrives they have to ship it Registered Mail

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
General question - how do you measure vaping experience? What is the benchmark to conclude if a device is good or bad? Half the liquids I have I do not like. I like the vaporesso and its vapor production. So what parameters influence this? I know it is super subjective but nevertheless your opinion would always be welcome.
Benchmarks: Product design, manufacturer quality control, reliability, durability, manufacturer support, and aesthetics. This can be deduced from one's personal experience, or the personal experience of other vapers who have used the product over time. ECF is an excellent source of this kind of information.

Vaping experience: Pleasant flavor production and decent vapor production. Carefree user experience. Ability to adjust settings to find one's personal "sweet spot" with different flavors used. Consistant vaping experience.

Half the liquids I have purchased (maybe more) I do not like. Probably less than that for my own DIY attempts. I'm still learning.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@Letitia
AIO, coils, battery and charger - all in the last 2 hours :)
General question - how do you measure vaping experience? What is the benchmark to conclude if a device is good or bad? Half the liquids I have I do not like. I like the vaporesso and its vapor production. So what parameters influence this? I know it is super subjective but nevertheless your opinion would always be welcome :)
It will depend on what you enjoy using. Things I look for in a device is hand feel, saftey, battery life, what size atomizer can it take with no overhang. Overhang occurs when the atty is wider than the mod. I look for a minimum 24mm width. Shape, size, and height are as important to me as the build quality of the device.
For tanks I've found my sweet spot in single coil rtas, rebuildable tank atomizers. I do keep a couple drop in coil tanks to change my rotation up now and then.

As you travel your vaping road you will come to learn what to look for that you will enjoy using. As for juice, well that is likely the most frustrating part at first. There is no magical flavors or brands that everyone universally loves.

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@HazyShades
Google is your special friend. I only see it with the tank and not just the mod !! I know, I know - I shall stroke it better sire :D
Would you believe it if I told you I got a Zappa CD without the liner notes once? Just the damn CD. I was so frustrated, what harm can a booklet possibly do?!?!?

@Baditude
Thanks for all that. And I am surprise that you are still learning :D

@Letitia
I guess this road is long and windy and without assistance and guidance one is sure to get lost. Wonder how you people managed so well and handsomely?!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
@HazyShades
Google is your special friend. I only see it with the tank and not just the mod !! I know, I know - I shall stroke it better sire :D
Would you believe it if I told you I got a Zappa CD without the liner notes once? Just the damn CD. I was so frustrated, what harm can a booklet possibly do?!?!?

@Baditude
Thanks for all that. And I am surprise that you are still learning :D

@Letitia
I guess this road is long and windy and without assistance and guidance one is sure to get lost. Wonder how you people managed so well and handsomely?!
Same as you...trial and error.:)
Being new to vaping there is no way for you to know what will work for you. Like you I didn’t know many vaper's and hadn't yet discovered the wealth of knowledge online and in the forums. For me a dual 18650 c-frame mod with a single coil top air flow rta is my happy place. For you it may be a tube mod with a drop in coil tank. There is no way to know until you try. At least I had shops where I could hold a mod to learn what shapes would suit me best.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
@HazyShades

LOL.
Actually..google can be a major foe also. It's their total lack of consideration for individual privacy.
I was a regular on usenet and as par for the newsgroups I made some enemies.
I have a ham (amateur radio ) license and all the registered hams have their home addies published on a list online..a Non-friend found out I was a ham and used google to find my addy..posted my real name, home address and aerial pics of my house..

Stroke it..
OTOH if you know how to word a query you can find all kinds of info on gooogle.
You can find the liner notes for the Zappa CD I found on "the bay" and borrowed via uTorrent on google...LOL ;)

Yup, all the vendors sell the mini with the Tron now.. Joytech wholesales it as a starter kit.
That Tron is a good little tank. I'm vaping Naked 100 Very Berry in the white Tron S with the white eVic mini as I write.

One silly thing I like about the eVic is that one can upload a logo to it. This one has my nick
"HazyShades" and the sword in the omega image in my sig. on the screen after I use it.
They also have a cute little clock in the screen..Uses one 18650, USB charge though I prefer to charge the battery on an exterior charger so as to not abuse the mod's circuitry.. (it gets hot when charging)
goes to 75 watts which for me is more than enough. (I own 100 watt Sigelei and a 120 watt kbox should I need to microwave anything.. and a Wismec RX200 for when I feel like lifting weights)

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah I'm not much of a google fan at all.

If I could afford a really good paid search engine, I probably would do it. I'm not even one who is all so terrified for my privacy (I don't think anyone's after my life, or out for blood, etc., well I HOPE) but I just really hate trying to wade through pages of sponsored nonsense to get to what it is I actually want, etc.)

Anna

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
Yeah I'm not much of a google fan at all.

If I could afford a really good paid search engine, I probably would do it. I'm not even one who is all so terrified for my privacy (I don't think anyone's after my life, or out for blood, etc., well I HOPE) but I just really hate trying to wade through pages of sponsored nonsense to get to what it is I actually want, etc.)

Anna
I use google a lot, it's my home page. It personifies what the internet is supposed to be about, the free exchange of information for our edification.. However I appreciate the privacy legislation the Brits have enacted to ensure google doesn't over do it.
I tried to get some of my info deleted but they would not play.
It isn't that I'm very worried or terrified..I'm armed and dangerous ;)
But I do have a family as well as a big mouth. I am aware that there are some people who don't like me and would love to hurt me..Why let google make it easier for them?

K Ananthakrishnan

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2018
@Letitia
That is heartening. And I must add that every newbie must start their foray here. I am yet to encounter a more friendly forum, I cannot imagine the number of times you guys must be repeating these answers for every tyro that comes, me being the latest :D

@HazyShades
Zappa liner notes are legendary - there is so much to learn about the man just from the CD notes. His quirks and quips on those 10 odd pages are legendary, not to undermine the band sometimes who add their own voice to the words. I am still so frustrated with the customs for stealing them. Bet they have never heard of Zappa, imbeciles...
What is that sword omega thingie? And is Tupelo Honey your favourite song? I love those lyrics!
I got a big mouth too and I worry for the eventual Google invasion. They are everywhere and damn its annoying. And neither am I armed, nor am I dangerous. I am simple man with a Zappa bias :D

@stols001
I dont even think paid search engines are beyond them. I tried a paid email service once and though they offer encryption etc, the leak is always possible on the other end when the decryption happens insecurely. I do not think there is any way to escape them other than to stay off the internet but when where oh where will go for all my vaping help????!?!? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread