Status
Not open for further replies.

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
Hey, you guys, I need some help and/or some advice, please. My first experience w/ ecigs was a disposable from Walgreens. I loved the whole concept and jumped right in. After reading around the net for a bit I bought a starter kit from v2. I also have extra batteries and tons of cartomizers. I vaped for about 2 days and was so thrilled as I just KNEW I could finally give up my Benson and Hedges. Victory would be mine. My biggest fear with smoking is not lung cancer, but mouth and throat cancer. Plus I am now widowed and on a fixed SS income..................not enough discretionary money to smoke anymore. [o/t ~ why won't this input box let me start a new paragraph?????? Hope you can read this] after 2 days of vaping I noticed a sore throat, drank extra water since I know these 'juices' are a drying. Then on day 3 I lost my voice. In one day it went from raspy and hoarse to 'gone'. More reading on 'net'. More water, throat lozenges. No help. I was vaping a low nic cartridge from v2 and NOT chain vaping by any means. more reading. Found vapor4life and ordered VG cartomizers (finally found VG cartomizers for my 808 thread pitch) hoping that would be the ticket. I smoked analogs till they came. My voice was not better nor was my sore throat relieved even off vaping while I waited. When the VG stuff came I vaped again. No help. so at this point I have only one pack of B&H left and want to vape vs. smoke analogs. I have read about how to draw on the ecig vs. an analog. I drink water till I can drink no more. I suck on throat lozenges. I did not have these symptoms before vaping and am worried I will never get my voice back. Plus I am now officially scared to death. I really don't want to go to my doc again....................she is as much against vaping as he is against analog. Am I just super sensitive to this stuff? Will it go away if I 'tough it out'? Thanks for reading, if you got this far and I welcome any advice or support you can offer! Blessings, Patkid

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , and don't get scared , just yet . A lot of people get sore throats , and raspy voices for several weeks , when starting out . You will probably start hacking up a lot of excess phlem . Nothing to be alarmed about . If you can , try laying off the e-cigs and the regular 's for a few days , and see if there's any improvement . If not , then I guess you need to see your doctor again . Good Luck

Aceman12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
Houston
I don't know about the voice but when I started vaping my chest got really tight and my throat was sore. I kept at it for a week and my chest and throat got better. Now my lung capacity has increased significantly. You might be allergic to the pg or vg in the juice. I would recommend trying a 100% vg AMERICAN MADE ejuice. If your still feeling like that after a week I think it's time to go face the doctor.

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
wow,
You guys surely are great!
Never have I been on any forum where a new person gets replies so quickly.
Thank you so much!
I am not giving up.
Another thing I struggle with is finding the listing of ingredients or point of origin for the juice in the cartomizers.
I wanted to start w/ them for ease and convenience and then work my way up to filling my own.

Patkid

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Rockford, IL
Sorry I got caught not reading your whole thread... Scratch the vg comment. Just give it another week to see if you feel better.

It was WAY TOO LONG. I do not possess the attribute of brevity.................thank you for reading and for your advice.
Love your Dobbie

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Welcome to ECF Pat. I can't be much help beyond what has already been said here. I did experience the sore throat, cold sores, and all the other symptoms of my body purging the garbage out. It was a good 2 weeks before it all subsided.

Good luck, stick with 100% VG and see if it relaxes.

BTW, I spent turkey day in Kirkland 1 year... ;)

stressmama

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2009
Oklahoma
Welcome to ECF! Sorry to hear you've lost your voice entirely! I'm sure someone on the health forum will have some ideas. Also, earlier this year there was a virus going around that caused a friend of mine and several people at work to lose their voice. None of these folks were vaping and one of them is a smoker. They all ended up going to the doctor and were all told to give it 7 to 10 days and it would go away, which is exactly what happened.

Good luck with your vaping journey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread