Hello, I have a serious question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haren

Oct 5, 2018
Hi all fellow vape smokers.
The reason I started this thread is because something happened yesterday and I still am thinking about it. After reading several studies on this topic and reading many threads I have came up to an conclusion that has made be very sad and depressed, because after all these years I feel like I got into a very unlucky situation.

So on to the main topic :
Yesterday I was driving my friends car and I smelled something good, my kid was with me.when I investigated where the smell came from I came across this long tube (tank?), I picked it up and found that it was a e juice container, I didn't think much of it but saw that some residue got onto my fingers because it has made some juice on the outside. And my kid had touched it before so he got some onto his fingers as well.

So my friend told me that the skin can absorb e juice pretty easy, so I washed it off with water 5 minutes (not so throughly) after It got onto my fingers. After this incident I started to feel very hyped up and also very talk active, but do you think I I have absorbed some of the nicotine from the e juice into my system? What about getting onto my kids fingers? Is it dangerous? Am I paranoid or should I just not think about it.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Haren

Oct 5, 2018
Nicotine is easily absorbed thru the skin. But if it was the normal 3 mg or 6 mg that most vape. Doubtful you would fill it with such a small amount for such a short time before washing it off.

I read on the container and it was from a compny called "one mad hit". Do they have strong nic content in them?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Regular ol’ Ejuice can and does absorb through the skin. That’s how the patch actually works (their claims of “special mmicropores” are complete BS).

The lower the concentration of nicotine in the ejuice the slower it absorbs though so depending on the concentration in the bottle you probably don’t have any real problem. Ejuice is water soluble as well. I would clean up the area where the bottle was laying though.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
The concentration in that e liquid isn't enough to do any harm.
The effects are short-lived and cause no lasting harm.
I lick the excess off of the top of my bottles after filling tanks all the time.

Dizziness, nausea, becoming light headed, etc. are indicators of a decent amount of absorption, and even those wear off in minutes.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Not to be that guy but really? Is this serious? I'm a parent 18, 10 and 8 yr. olds and I think the last thing I'm going to do is search the web for a vape forum, sign up and then ask questions about touching e liquid and my kids (and/or my safety).

Personally if I was worried about coming into contact with something I'd call and/or visit the doctor. I'd also ask my friend about the stuff that was in their car as well, that would be first. Lastly if you feel "amped up" that's either in your head and/or you came into contact with something else. Nic does not get you high, maybe the first or so you get a little "buzz" but it doesn't last long at all.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Most of us here who DIY and work with up to 100mg base have routine encounters. That's why gloves are useful if there's a concern. Having gotten down to 0 nic use myself (now up to a controlled avg) I've never experienced a bump or buzz from casual spills of juice or base. A bit of soap + water and you're good. Wearing spills on your clothes, I couldn't vouch for. But I've seen enough do it. :D

Good luck. :)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Not to be that guy but really? Is this serious? I'm a parent 18, 10 and 8 yr. olds and I think the last thing I'm going to do is search the web for a vape forum, sign up and then ask questions about touching e liquid and my kids (and/or my safety).

Personally if I was worried about coming into contact with something I'd call and/or visit the doctor. I'd also ask my friend about the stuff that was in their car as well, that would be first. Lastly if you feel "amped up" that's either in your head and/or you came into contact with something else. Nic does not get you high, maybe the first or so you get a little "buzz" but it doesn't last long at all.
I concur. I was chalking up his amped up feeling to simple anxiety.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
That's a good opportunity to think about the use of nic salts, respectively their unusually high nic concentration.

It's the one thing that always bugged me bout liquids that contain nic salts: They're simply not as safe to handle as regular nic liquids.
Bull. I handle salts regularly and there is simply no difference. It doesn't absorb any differently than freebase.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
That's a good opportunity to think about the use of nic salts, respectively their unusually high nic concentration.

It's the one thing that always bugged me bout liquids that contain nic salts: They're simply not as safe to handle as regular nic liquids.

I have to disagree with this. Nic Salt is every bit as safe to work with as Nic Base. Nicotine is nicotine. There is no difference. If working with high mg/ml nic use gloves. Whether it is salt nic or not it doesn't matter

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there

If you had read all of the post, you will know that the brand was looked up on the website and they offer 3 and 6 mg in their ejuice. Why bring up a subject not relevant to the discussion?

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
If you had read all of the post, you will know that the brand was looked up on the website and they offer 3 and 6 mg in their ejuice. Why bring up a subject not relevant to the discussion?

Because it's an online forum, and I believe that it is required. :lol:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Believe me I Called the vet and they said it was fine. I'm not worried about the effect health wise because Im fine and my kid is fine too, but I wonder if what my friend told me about absorbing the nicotine was truth or not because I have been handling with it earlier and never thought about it.
It is. Nic will absorb right through the skin

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Believe me I Called the vet and they said it was fine. I'm not worried about the effect health wise because Im fine and my kid is fine too, but I wonder if what my friend told me about absorbing the nicotine was truth or not because I have been handling with it earlier and never thought about it.
Ok so now I am confused as to why you are posting the OP question at all if you are not concerned about health issues. Do you vape? Or smoke cigarettes? Partake in the use of nicotine in any way? Or are you just curious about e-cigarettes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread