Hello, I have a serious question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haren

Oct 5, 2018
It is. Nic will absorb right through the skin
Yes but how long will this take? Considering the juice is made with glycerine and stuff, wouldn't that stop the process or at least slow it down?

Keep in mind that lag time is the time it takes for the skin to absorb the nicotine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181005-181136.png
    Screenshot_20181005-181136.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26

Haren

Oct 5, 2018
Ok so now I am confused as to why you are posting the OP question at all if you are not concerned about health issues. Do you vape? Or smoke cigarettes? Partake in the use of nicotine in any way? Or are you just curious about e-cigarettes?

I'm interested to know wheteher the e juice can come into the blood stream through the skin, because I have friends that tell me their kids are setting up their Vapes for them without gloves etc. And my brother Vapes too and when he's here he drips some of that liquid on the floor and our cat sometimes lick walk on it.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Yes but how long will this take? Considering the juice is made with glycerine and stuff, wouldn't that stop the process or at least slow it down?

Keep in mind that lag time is the time it takes for the skin to absorb the nicotine.
It would depend on how dry your skin is. Glycerin is used also in shampoo, lotions, soaps, detergent and most every day products we use.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm interested to know wheteher the e juice can come into the blood stream through the skin, because I have friends that tell me their kids are setting up their Vapes for them without gloves etc. And my brother Vapes too and when he's here he drips some of that liquid on the floor and our cat sometimes lick walk on it.
Sounds to me that the adults should be more responsible in looking out for their stuff. Fact is that the kids cannot become addicted to nicotine this way. I would keep it away from the animals tho. Have your brother be more responsible for his actions and messes.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

The Nic in e-juice is easily absorbed thru skin. No parent should allow a child to set up their vape anyway. As with anything else keep out of reach of children.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Our pets body weight is considerably lower than ours. Ask your brother drip in the atty and clean up his mess when he makes it.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Y
Our pets body weight is considerably lower than ours. Ask your brother drip in the atty and clean up his mess when he makes it.
Agreed, bothers me to hear about people being careless with nic around pets. They have no choice but to lick if they walk in it and may even like the flavor. Wouldn't take much to be a problem for a small pet.

When I DIY, I mix mine in a room the pets don't get into. And I don't leave juice bottles sitting around in the rest of the house. Keep everything in a drawer or cabinet that isn't on my person.

Haren

Oct 5, 2018
Thanks so much for all the input. This forum has very alert and down to earth users.

This video was useful too, it says that the palm of the hand is not so absorbing as the rest of the body. So maybe the palm has some defense mechanism built in to protect us against essential oils, or nicotine or what ever. Just a thought.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks so much for all the input. This forum has very alert and down to earth users.

This video was useful too, it says that the palm of the hand is not so absorbing as the rest of the body. So maybe the palm has some defense mechanism built in to protect us against essential oils, or nicotine or what ever. Just a thought.

More likely the skin is tougher due to exposure and use.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Yes. Drastically. It would have to stay on your skin for a very long time for you to absorb all the nicotine in the juice which was never that much to begin with. True pure nicotine is very very dangerous but ejuice is never even close to pure and a 3 or6 mil solution barely has any nicotine in it at all to begin with

tailland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2018
Germany
Bull. I handle salts regularly and there is simply no difference. It doesn't absorb any differently than freebase.
Not what I meant. I meant the difference in % concentration. Your regular liquid has between 3-20mg top. Nic salts come at 30, 50, or even 60mg concentration (doesn't the Juul sport 59mg in the US?). If your child or your pet came into contact with a liquid that was produced before nic salts were a thing, I'd have only minor or no worries. Nic salts have changed that.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I DIY with Nic Salt. I get it in 48 mg for base mix. I use 48 mg because they can ship it priority mail. Any above 48 mg has to go as hazardous material and takes a longer time to get.

I have rarely but occasionally ended up with a small amount on my hands of the 48 mg. Washed it off and there was no issue.

Haren

Oct 5, 2018
Yes. Drastically. It would have to stay on your skin for a very long time for you to absorb all the nicotine in the juice which was never that much to begin with. True pure nicotine is very very dangerous but ejuice is never even close to pure and a 3 or6 mil solution barely has any nicotine in it at all to begin with
Do you think so? How do you know this though? Is it based on experience (minimal evidence because your a nicotine user so you wouldn't know) or on facts/studies? Can you explain please.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've dripped 100mg/ml nic on my fingers several times over the years. That's one reason I work with nic next to the kitchen sink where I can wash it off immediately. I've never experienced any reaction from it, but I get it off in seconds.

I usually wear a surgical glove on my right hand to put nic in the bottles, then I take if off to add the PG,VG, and flavors. That way I can close the nic bottle once the nic is in the mix bottles. Then, I can take my time putting the rest of the ingredients in.

Here's an article that talks about skin absorption. Apparently, it's not as high as we think, except with certain types of liquids. Medicines have additives to increase absorption if they are to be applied to the skin, according to the article.

The Impermeable Facts of Skin Penetration and Absorption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread