Hello. New here and need help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

INS4NE ASSASSIN

Aug 2, 2017
Hopefully someone here can help. I've been building coils for drippers for well over a year without any problems but have recently changed my setup and now things are going wrong.

My Setup:
Kangertech KBOX 200
smok TFV8 Cloud Beast
RBA Coil Head
2x Efest 3000mAh 35A 18650 Batteries

When using Clapton or twisted coils I have been running into problems running dual coil build at 0.30ohm
Set up seems fine with no shorts. the device sometimes struggles to fire and flashes 0.00ohms however when this happens if I do short bursts to get the coils hot it will then fire with ease.
I can run this mod with no issues at 0.15ohms and cant see what the issue is @ 0.30ohms using Clapton or twisted coils.
Any ideas? thanks in advance

INS4NE ASSASSIN

Aug 2, 2017
How are you measuring the resistance of the .3 coil?

the Clapton coils were what came with the TFV8 0.57 ohms x2 and ive had 2 sets of these both doing the same
the twisted was 3x 26 AWG, 3mm internal with 8 wraps 0.612ohm (according to wire wizard) x2 0.31ohm according to my mod

I always calculate before making coils and my end coil has never been more that 0.05 out so never needed anything else to test the resistance. this does seem to be a power issue tho

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
the Clapton coils were what came with the TFV8 0.57 ohms x2 and ive had 2 sets of these both doing the same
the twisted was 3x 26 AWG, 3mm internal with 8 wraps 0.612ohm (according to wire wizard) x2 0.31ohm according to my mod

I always calculate before making coils and my end coil has never been more that 0.05 out so never needed anything else to test the resistance. this does seem to be a power issue tho
Well, I can't see it, but a power issue seems unlikely. It sounds to me more like the machine is misreading the coil and refusing to fire. Hhhmmm... I do not have-- have never seen-- the RBA deck in a Beast. Is it possible your coils are reading fine when measuring the base, but then grounding out on the barrel when you put the tank together? Try, perhaps, building a set with, oh say, 2mm diameter. See if making them smaller can do anything.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The higher metal mass in the fancy coils require more power to heat.
You're using low quality batteries that are most likely only 10a CDR, ---> WARNING: Efest Purple 35A 3000mAh is now a 10A battery!

You didn't mention what power level you're using...

You need at least true 20a CDR cells for safety & your power device to function properly.

I suggest sticking to simple single wire builds until you get some decent cells.

Reactions: Tonee N

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hopefully someone here can help. I've been building coils for drippers for well over a year without any problems but have recently changed my setup and now things are going wrong.
My Setup:
Kangertech KBOX 200
SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast
RBA Coil Head
2x Efest 3000mAh 35A 18650 Batteries
When using Clapton or twisted coils I have been running into problems running dual coil build at 0.30ohm
Set up seems fine with no shorts. the device sometimes struggles to fire and flashes 0.00ohms however when this happens if I do short bursts to get the coils hot it will then fire with ease.
I can run this mod with no issues at 0.15ohms and cant see what the issue is @ 0.30ohms using Clapton or twisted coils.
Any ideas? thanks in advance
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
http://best-e-cigarette-guide.com/e...cigarettes/sub-ohm-vaping-perks-and-problems/
What is Sub Ohm Vaping? Our Sub Ohm Vaping Guide & Tips
All About Sub-Ohm Vaping | Spinfuel VAPE
Battery safety
Care and Use of 510, eGo and Variable Voltage Batteries
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory

Reactions: Tonee N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread