Hello! New member here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyeJenAye

Jun 5, 2020
West Virginia
Hey everyone! I’m new here to the forum. I’m excited to dig into the threads and see what else I can learn.

I quit smoking two years ago and have been vaping ever since. It’s what helped me get rid of the cigarettes. I’m so picky about what I like (MTL, tight cig-like draw) and haven’t had much luck in finding what I need. I’ve been using the closed pod system since I started and am pretty tired of the lack of flavors, short battery life, etc...
Speaking of flavors, I don’t know where to start when looking for e juice. I know where to find them for purchase, I just don’t know what to look for. Salt nic, no salt nic, pg, vg, how much nic... lol. I’m a mess, but I’m ready to read and learn!

I thought this would be the perfect place for learning more so I can better my luck. Happy vaping!

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hey everyone! I’m new here to the forum. I’m excited to dig into the threads and see what else I can learn.

I quit smoking two years ago and have been vaping ever since. It’s what helped me get rid of the cigarettes. I’m so picky about what I like (MTL, tight cig-like draw) and haven’t had much luck in finding what I need. I’ve been using the closed pod system since I started and am pretty tired of the lack of flavors, short battery life, etc...
Speaking of flavors, I don’t know where to start when looking for e juice. I know where to find them for purchase, I just don’t know what to look for. Salt nic, no salt nic, pg, vg, how much nic... lol. I’m a mess, but I’m ready to read and learn!

I thought this would be the perfect place for learning more so I can better my luck. Happy Vaping!

How long did you smoke and how much?

What strength of nicotine are you using now?

Which pod are you using currently?

Those answers will help us guide you better into a set up that will work for you...

Welcome to ECF!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome and congratulations on quitting. A world of excitement to explore and yes, you can probably do better (especially if you aren't liking them) than a closed pod system. Tell us how you smoked and what you vaped and I'm sure the group will be of use to you.

I started before pods really and I kind of say thank goodness but a good pod can have its place in the vaping pantheon.

Anna

AyeJenAye

Jun 5, 2020
West Virginia
Thank you all SO much for your responses! To answer some questions, I got started on the Juul, 5% pods. No, I’m not crazy about it, but it’s the only thing that has the tight draw that I like. I bought the Puff Bars and Cali Bars and enjoy them, but I can’t afford them all the time.

I purchased a Joyetech Ego AIO, and I can’t seem to enjoy using it. I used a 50% salt-nic blueberry juice, and I thought I’d choke to death, even when adjusting the airflow LoL.

Decided to check out our local vape shop, and they weren’t helpful. Since I didn’t know what to look for or knew the lingo, they sort of snickered at me and told me to “just pick a 6% juice from the book.” I went with the Naked brand. The flavor is good, but it felt weak, if you will. The hit was effortless which I guess a lot of people enjoy, but I don’t, unfortunately. Perhaps, if the system was a much tighter draw I would’ve enjoyed it better.

I’ve tried not being so picky, but it’s what helps keep me away from cigarettes. I gave up going to the local shops because of how ignorant they made me feel. Eventually I just gave up looking. Until recently when I stumbled across this forum. I’m already feeling more confident now!

Once again, I appreciate the responses and all the help!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Welcome.

Decided to check out our local vape shop, and they weren’t helpful.

That's no surprise.

they sort of snickered at me

Again, no surprise. In my area, vape shops employee very young kids that have no intention of helping people. They just want you to buy something and leave so they can go hang out/vape with their clique of friends and get paid for it. I can't even tell you how many years it's been since I've been in a vape shop.

Reactions: AyeJenAye
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread