Hello... Newbie here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ploprof

Nov 10, 2010
Ireland
Hi I just got my Janty Ego today and been vaping all day long up to now with some mixed results. I haven't had any analog at all today, although I've felt the urge for one a couple of times during the day but I've managed to keep me from smoking one until now.
I was smoking about 15/day up to yesterday of regular strength analogs.

Any sugestions on what threads I should read as a newbie, and what liquids are better for a smoker of regular cigarettes? It seems to be the 18mg's that came with the Ego are a bit weak, but I don't really want to go up to the max nicotine ones as I don't want to intake any more than I did with the analogs. My ultimate goal will be to give up nicotine addiction all together rather than replace the medium of intake.

I'm in Ireland and I've read a bit about the bans and the new laws coming into US and other places, what are the chances we see something happening in Ireland?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards

Rod

WarsawNan

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Indiana-USA
www.maggiemadeit.com
Welcome Rod!

I suggest you browse through the Library section. TONS of educational stuff there from the long-time vapors.

The way I started off with the juice is by getting a 36mg nico strength, Johnson Creek, plus a bottle of VG from the drugstore. I mixed a little bottle of VG/water, 5/1 ratio, so I could cut down the strength of the juice as needed. By the time I'd vaped my first bottle of juice, I felt comfortable being able to order the next lowest nico strength. Worked for me working my way down that way.

Best of luck to you!

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
You may need to up your nic a bit to start with. Don't be afraid to do so - getting off cigs is the main goal. And tapering down with e-cigs is easier, because it's more customizable, and you only have one chemical to deal with - not 4,000 (some of which are also addictive - it's not just nicotine that's addictive in cigs).

Try out 24mg. That's not an insane strength. 12mg to 24mg are considered "average."

As far as bans... well, depends on what part of Ireland you're in. If you're in Northern Ireland, the UK has some threatened bans looming as well. Whether or not they're likely to be passed, I don't know. I am not current enough with the situation in the UK.

If you're in Southern Ireland, I haven't heard anything about bans as of yet.

Last edited:

BillyP

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Eugene
Hello and welcome to ECF. 24mg works for me. I still smoked my camel lights for a couple weeks after I got my 510. I noticed one day I was picking up my PV more often than my smokes. My advice is to not rush quitting your analogs. It will happen.
I agree, I went from 20 analogs down to ~5 a day and im very proud. Only been vaping for about 7 weeks but iv noticed it all depends on the flavor im vaping. If I have very good liquid I smoke less. So the hunt still continues for that perfect flavor to help me kick analogs for good.

ploprof

Nov 10, 2010
Ireland
Well I'm trying to replace them completely from the get go, I don't want to smoke another analog if I can. Of course if the cravings get too bad I might have to but so far they have been manageable although I feel like I used to go longer between analogs than what I go now between vapes.

I'm going to look into the library and going to try and read all the info about the mods and all that can be done with these. Who would know that there was so many things you could do with a e-cig. :)

I live in the Republic of Ireland, thankfully I guess when it comes to e-cigs.

Thanks everyone for your welcomes and you replies. As a total noob I really appreciate your insights.

Regards,

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread