Status
Not open for further replies.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Hi all,

I was a really active member here when I started vaping almost 3 years ago. I was pretty into vaping as a hobby then, and had messed around with RBA's and tube mods, and had pretty much found my happy place with my devices and tanks. This forum was an amazing place to learn about vaping, how to rebuild coils, and the people here were awesome. It is a great community!

After starting a new job that took almost all my time, I sort of settled into vaping less as a hobby and more as something that will keep me from smoking. Been successful at that but now I need a bit of help from people who haven't been out of the loop for a year!

So what I settled into and have been perfectly happy with was an iTazte MVP 2.0 and rebuilding Kanger heads with the Evod2 (I think?) tanks. They're the metal ones with Pyrex glass. My backup was an Innoken iTazte VV stick battery.

Both are dead or dying, and browsing online I see that everything has pretty much gone sub-ohm. I don't have a need for blowing clouds, and I don't really like fogging up my living room as it is (I vape 1.5ohm @ 9 watts). I also don't like the prospect of using up juice so fast. It can get expensive when you chain vape, lol.

I *would* like to upgrade, but it's just making me nervous about what to get. I'm not a fan of 510 tanks but if that's where I have to go I will.

Please give me your suggestions - if I have to go sub-ohm, I'm going to need a reasonably priced and very durable kit.

Thanks in advance!!

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I would never go from Innokin to Kangertech or any other mod maker since i believe Innokin is superior in build and engineering .

The MVP 20 watt is an outstanding mod and so is the newer MVP 30 and 60 watt mods , the Coolfire 4 + is about as good as it gets in overall build and quality .

You certainly do not need to go sub ohm since they devour juice and will fog up your house for sure lol.

Here is a list of some places with the lowest prices:

Vapecrawler

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hi alisa! I was just wondering the other day where you got off to. :D Welcome back!

The Coolfire IV's are awesome! If you like the feel of the vv3s' buttons, you'll like the btn on the CF4s, but they last THE WHOLE DAY!

Really can't advise on tanks; all I really use anymore is an Achilles RDA -- still a tootle puffer, but the Achilles is great, really tight draw. Too bad they don't make 'em anymore. :(

I got these 2 CF4's on my 1st no-smoke-a-versary:

redandpink2.jpg

Custom etching from phiniac.com...

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hey there lady! Glad to see you still rockin the vape. I just got too busy to keep up with forums and stuff. Are your CoolFires plastic?

Nope, solid metal -- they etch off the paint to make the design, then clear-coat it. When I first got my CF4s, I thought they were heavy, but they're really not; the iPV Mini I got for xmas is a lot heavier with an 18650 in it, but I love it a lot too!

The cool thing about these mods that are high wattage is that they support low resistance -- which means nothing to me, except LOOOOOOOOONG battery life, and I freaking love that!

Andria

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I would never go from Innokin to Kangertech or any other mod maker since i believe Innokin is superior in build and engineering .

The MVP 20 watt is an outstanding mod and so is the newer MVP 30 and 60 watt mods , the Coolfire 4 + is about as good as it gets in overall build and quality .

You certainly do not need to go sub ohm since they devour juice and will fog up your house for sure lol.

Here is a list of some places with the lowest prices:

Vapecrawler

I was looking at the Coolfire and the MVP 3.0 Pro. So you think those would be good upgrades? I really do love Innokin quality.

Reactions: herb

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Here is a new itaste VV3 for ~$15
Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 Express Kit (acrylic box)

Thanks - that would be good for my backup replacement. Really liked the higher amp battery of the MVP for daily vaping though. The stick only lasts me 4 hours.
Get a VTC mini around $35. And use an ego adapter on it?
I love my VTC mini. Use an HG2 18650 in it and it will last you all day at low wattages. Maybe 2 days?

Reactions: Plumes.91

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Get a VTC mini around $35. And use an ego adapter on it?
I love my VTC mini. Use an HG2 18650 in it and it will last you all day at low wattages. Maybe 2 days?

Oh! Forgot about the adapter...that will definitely work! :thumb:

My first ecig was a Joye (eRoll). Good quality for sure. I loaned mine to someone and never got it back.:unsure:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
There is a whole "TYPE" of vaper for those of us whom don't want to blow big clouds. We call ourselves TOOTLE-PUFFERS (or Tootle-Poofers, if you refuse to accept the silly tootle-puffer moniker) lol... So search ECF on google search for Tootle Puffer and you'll find a whole community of us itsy bitsy cloud blowers, haha. Now then- I am a proud tootle poofer extraordinaire, don't get me wrong, but I DO sub-ohm. This is because it is now possible to sub-ohm at LOW voltages/wattages on regulated mods. So, I pop a 0.5 ohm coil into my tank, and I vape on my Evic-VTC-Mini at 9.5 watts, and I'm very happy. For instance, i'm currently vaping a 0.58 ohm coil in my Kanger Subtank-Mini @ 12.5w, giving me 2.70volts. That's not so bad, now is it? and I could go even lower if I wanted to. Point is, with these new regulated devices, you could vape a 0.5 subohm coil at 7 or 8 watts and you'll want more power, even WITH that 0.5 ohm coil, hahaha! So trust me, don't automatically count-out or be afraid-of the sub-ohm wave. I might think it's STOOPIT for the safety issues/concerns, but that doesn't mean I cannot continue to tootle-poof with a pre-build, disposable 0.5 ohm coil at low wattage/power/voltage, git it? feelme? pick-up what I'm putting-down?? i'm sure ya got me, teddy brosavelt. ya got me... ;)

now git on out there, git yerself a cute Joyetech-Evic-VTC-Mini or Kanger-SuboxMini with either a Joye-ego-ONE-Tron-Tank, or a Kanger-Subtank-Mini, fill-em-up, nd git to VAPIN' yo!! :) & enjoy your vape journey!! ENJOY IT!!! OR ELSE!!! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: alisa1970

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
no no the CoolFireIV is metal, the new CoolFireIV+ is made of plastic. I def recommend the first CoolFireIV over the new CoolFireIV+ mod... The new CoolFire+ mod may be able to use higher wattages, & it comes with a better/newer iSub series tank, but the old CoolFireIV has a much better build quality and it just looks cooler :p The 1st CoolFireIV will serve ya very well, and the internal battery will be really convenient for ya, i promise- just like the old innokin MVP line. In-fact, a-lot of people say they should have called the CoolFireIV the new MVP to keep the MVP line alive and well, because it will DIE with the new MVP3.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Awesome.

OK, now my last question. Since I'm going to try out a sub-ohm tank, what about nic level. I have been vaping 12mg. Do I go down to 3 or 6?

i recommend 6mg if you've been vaping 12 and u plan to hit sub-ohms. that's what I did and I was a 12 OR 18mg vaper. Bit of an adjustment, but not much at-all really. Almost the same throat hit for the 1st few days and then the throat hit will feel like your 12 to 18mg throat hit at 6mg after that... your throat will adjust to the 6mg at high wattages/low-ohms and it'll feel just like your 12mg juice does now. This is a biggy that a LOT of new-to-subohm/high-wattage device vapers screw up. (I know I did!!) you basically MUST make a nic-change, or you're going to wind-up dizzy and overdosed.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Arctic V8? A Subtank mini would suit you better I think.

I think it's too small, capacity wise. I sort of looked at all the styles they offered and it seemed OK. Yeah, it might be big, but I don't mind big tanks. As long as the whole thing doesn't weight 10lbs, then I'll have to alternate arms for lifting. :lol:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Welcome back, alisa1970!

Innokin just released a couple of "old school" mouth-to-lung (MTL) kits, the Endura T18 and T22. The T18 is more of a tube mod with a slim tank, while the T22 is more of a box mod with longer battery life and a large tank, both with 1.5 ohm coils.

I'm not certain is those coil heads can be rebuilt, however.

If you enjoy rebuilding, most online stores have Kayfun clones on clearance currently, with the Kayfun V2 or V3 for under $10. Those are great MTL rebuildable tanks and are easy to use.

If you'd like battery life for days, might I suggest grabbing a Joyetech Evic VT. It uses normal Wattage/Voltage, plus has temperature control functions but built in 4400 mAh batteries. I have 2 and use it in straight VW/VV mode and I get 3 or 4 days before recharging. They are box-y, has a bit of weight to them, but I don't have an issue carrying them around in my pockets. Currently, you could buy one from VapeNW for under $40.

Great to see you back on ECF!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Thanks Jefsview!

I remember you! :thumbs:

I currently have a Kayfun clone and used it on my Zen Carto Hybrid 18350, but it's too much hassle and was constantly leaking, even after stuffing a toothpick into the intake hole. Messed around with it for months and just gave up. :grr:

I'll have to check out the Endura. I really want something easy peasy, no fiddle factor.

I thought about just getting the iTazte MVP 3.0 Pro since I liked mine so much but it seemed like sort of a "why not upgrade" sort of thing.

My all day vapes are from Halo and they came out with a sub-ohm box mod and I almost pulled the trigger on that just cuz it's easy. Then I thought about compatibility with what I have and realized I'd always have to go through them for replacement coils.

How hard is it to re-wrap these coils? I think that's my main beef; I don't want to constantly be buying replacement coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread