Help! Blocked airflow on new device

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuestionableAmoeba

Jul 29, 2020
Hi folks, vaper for years, but got a new device and now running into trouble.

After my Kanger Subvod died after many years, I purchased the Aspire Tigon, however I've been unable to get it to work. As soon as the unit is fully assembled, it is impossible to draw (even with the air intake set to its maximum setting). It seems the bottom of the coil sits totally flush with the connector forming a tight seal and blocking airflow. Each constituent bit flows fine, its only when screwed together.

Obviously I'm being a total idiot and missing something here. Can anyone figure out what I'm doing wrong?

QuestionableAmoeba

Jul 29, 2020
I've had a dig and wonder if there's been a manufacturing fault with my device? The battery connector doesn't seem like it's vented, so there's no way for air to get into the coil. Am I being a bit thick here?

Mine:
77Xzcrx

IMG_20200729_121124.jpg

A reviewer's photo - note the venting through the battery connector:
u3z36zauhvd21.jpg

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The airflow comes in through the slot or holes in the side of the airflow control ring.
(depending on which way you twist it to open)

Airflow doesn't come through battery connector / 510.
The 510 should be sealed where it attaches to power device to prevent liquid from entering the connector & ending up inside your power device.

In your first pic the airflow control ring appears to mounted to the power device, remove it from power device install on tank & twist ring to open airflow.

The second pic shows the airflow control ring between finger tips, that piece rotates to open/close airflow.

---> Aspire Tigon Tank - Aspire® Official Site

QuestionableAmoeba

Jul 29, 2020
The airflow comes in through the slot or holes in the side of the airflow control ring.
(depending on which way you twist it to open)

Airflow doesn't come through battery connector / 510.
The 510 should be sealed where it attaches to power device to prevent liquid from entering the connector & ending up inside your power device.

In your first pic the airflow control ring appears to mounted to the power device, remove it from power device install on tank & twist ring to open airflow.

The second pic shows the airflow control ring between finger tips, that piece rotates to open/close airflow.

---> Aspire Tigon Tank - Aspire® Official Site

Thanks for replying. I think I'm not clarifying exactly what my issue is. See below:
vents.png

The power passthrough on the left is vented with these holes (circled), which allow air to move through the airflow control ring, into the coil, when the tank is screwed on. Mine doesn't have these, which means there is no way from the air to move from the airflow control ring through into the coil because the coil sits flush on top when screwed on. What am I missing here?

• Informative
Reactions: Katya

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
If the airflow control ring is set to a position that should allow air into the chamber and you cannot draw air through the drip tip, yours has a manufacturing defect.
The airflow chamber has to have a pathway for air entering the airflow holes to flow into the replaceable head, up through the chimney & drip tip into mouth.
I can't see any detail in the pictures your posted.

Return for replacement or refund.

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks for replying. I think I'm not clarifying exactly what my issue is. See below:
View attachment 898983

The power passthrough on the left is vented with these holes (circled), which allow air to move through the airflow control ring, into the coil, when the tank is screwed on. Mine doesn't have these, which means there is no way from the air to move from the airflow control ring through into the coil because the coil sits flush on top when screwed on. What am I missing here?

I agree with Topwater Elvis. It looks like a manufacturing defect. Your device is still under warranty--contact your vendor or a manufacturer. And start a thread on Aspire forum--they should be able to help you.

Aspire

Good luck!

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I'm not sure (but have other Aspire products that use the "U-tech" coils) If the Tigon uses similar coils, air enters the coils near the top, goes down one side in the coil, does a "u-turn" then comes out the mouthpiece (drip-tip) It is a very confusing concept (if they are not U-tech coils just ignore what I said) They are also very prone to break-in issues (must prime them and let sit after filling tank for at least 10 minutes) Are you sure you installed the coil right. I'll get back with you on this... need to watch some videos first. Hmmm... judging by your pics, I don't think they are the coils I mentioned. Did the coil(s) come with the device?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Trying to use your pictures and pictures from fasttech, all I can do is take a stab here.

1) The coil head is defective/has blockage so no air can get through.
    2) You're not pushing in the push-fit coil far enough, causing airflow issues.
    3) blockage in the chimney (somewhere between top of coil head & drip tip) - may be a defect or something needs to be pushed out.

I see in fasttech's description it says...
    "It is the first Aspire tank to use an ingenious design that will seal the wicking holes in the tank when the coil is removed."

Could this somehow be causing a problem?

Here's a video that might help you figure out what's wrong...

In case anyone wants to see the parts of this tank, here you go

9703100-3.jpg

9703104-8.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread