help cloning/replacing favourite one shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
hello all,
haven't been much of a mixer, but starting now. a key push was avoiding the iffy ingredients, additives, etc...

my favourite oneshot is german, haven't had much luck searching for a clone or the like. so any decent alternative would do.

it's called White King by Dampflion. declared flavour is sweet and fresh cactus, grape, mandarine and mint. problem is there's citral and linalool in it (prbby undisclosed sucralose as well)

it's just the right amount of sweet and just right away from cakes, baked, citrus, overly fruity... everything i'm not into.. not mentholy..
been trying straight up with

INW Cactus
FA Mandarine
FA Grape White
FLV Spearmint and/or INW Mix Mint (the latter turned out to quite candy).

regardless of knowing the flavour (except maybe if some germans are here??), i'm interested in suggested percentage to mix these guys (even if it includes a suggestion of a necessary addition, which i might take up later)

bestest

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Citral comes up as this:

Citral is a mixture of neral and geranial which are monoterpene aldehydes (Maarse, 1991). Citral has been applied to food, cosmetics, and beverages as a natural ingredient for its passionate lemon aroma and flavor.

Although I'm not sure what passionate lemon is :facepalm:

Linalool, hmmm.

Terpenes: The Essentials - Linalool — The Apothecarium

"The soothing characteristics of this terpene have been used for centuries, as linalool is commonly found in lavender, in addition to several other flowers and spices."

Although what flowers and spices are a mystery.

INW Cactus
FA Mandarine
FA Grape White

Maybe, respectively,
2%
3%
3%
2%

and toss in maybe another 2% of your favorite lemon. Not sure what on the linalool...

Could be a decent starting point, make small (10ml) batch to start, since it's likely to need tweaking :)

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Citral comes up as this:

Citral is a mixture of neral and geranial which are monoterpene aldehydes (Maarse, 1991). Citral has been applied to food, cosmetics, and beverages as a natural ingredient for its passionate lemon aroma and flavor.

Although I'm not sure what passionate lemon is :facepalm:

Linalool, hmmm.

Terpenes: The Essentials - Linalool — The Apothecarium

"The soothing characteristics of this terpene have been used for centuries, as linalool is commonly found in lavender, in addition to several other flowers and spices."

Although what flowers and spices are a mystery.

INW Cactus
FA Mandarine
FA Grape White

Maybe, respectively,
2%
3%
3%
2%

and toss in maybe another 2% of your favorite lemon. Not sure what on the linalool...

Could be a decent starting point, make small (10ml) batch to start, since it's likely to need tweaking :)

thanks.
citral and linalool are the iffy ingredients i'm trying to avoid by mixing this myself

Reactions: DavidOck

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
thanks.
citral and linalool are the iffy ingredients i'm trying to avoid by mixing this myself

Subbing a "regular" lemon, or maybe even some other citrus fruit shouldn't be a problem if you're trying to avoid some of the listed chemicals in those, and may (or may not) get you closer to a clone.

Conversely, if you arrive at a recipe you really like without, you've already got a winner :)

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Really blind guessing without vaping this profile flavour.

Sometimes it helps to ask other people to vape on it and let you know what they taste/smell.

thanks for input. i realize his naming of the flavour may not have everything to do with the ingredients. i just figured i'd start there and ask for suggestions for such a mix, i'm sure apple/pear a citrus, diff layers etc may be involved.
sadly i don't have much of a vaping community outside the forums. the only shop in town, i've harrassed enough, not to mention the guys there are not much for mixing and are more into serious harsh flavour (one seems into strong whiskey the other what i can only describe fresh blueberry-bleach-vodka). i guess i'm just procrastinating going to a german forum as i haven't mastered the language and not sure how big the germans are on cloning

Subbing a "regular" lemon, or maybe even some other citrus fruit shouldn't be a problem if you're trying to avoid some of the listed chemicals in those, and may (or may not) get you closer to a clone.

Conversely, if you arrive at a recipe you really like without, you've already got a winner :)

i've mixed a couple testers with a drop of lavender now, maybe that'll get the zing. unfortunately my stock lacks anything mroe citrus than mandarine_ not being a fan of them as main flavours, it didn't occur to me they may be important in a secondary role

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Sometimes I think cloning a one shot can be futile unless there is a well known recipe out there which works. I would pay attention to your mixes and keep them steeping because while you may or may not exactly "get there" you may find something you like along the way.

Especially if it's a complicated recipe which it sounds like. You also ABSOLUTELY probably don't want to sub in mandarin for lemon, too. Just ah, clarifying. Well IDK maybe it would be delicious but it for sure would not be your favorite one shot.

Anna

Reactions: DavidOck

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Sometimes I think cloning a one shot can be futile unless there is a well known recipe out there which works. I would pay attention to your mixes and keep them steeping because while you may or may not exactly "get there" you may find something you like along the way.

Especially if it's a complicated recipe which it sounds like. You also ABSOLUTELY probably don't want to sub in mandarin for lemon, too. Just ah, clarifying. Well IDK maybe it would be delicious but it for sure would not be your favorite one shot.

Anna

ANN-naanaa in the house!
thanks
yeah no, citral is in the ingredients_ but lemon isn't listed as [art of the flavour. and certainly thr project is simply finding something i like taking the idea from a mix i know_ my favourtie adv

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
black-hole-animation-3.gif

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Oh, you will get there.

And then want to start experimenting. And then, by the end realize that 80 percent or more of your freezer space is nic products and ALSO you have a mini fridge in the garage stuffed full o flavors.
Etc.

oh you will see......

Anna

oh come on! i thought you'd play nice or at least have some mercy since your last prediction sent me down a six-month-long rabbit hole in which somehow a pod was kept getting re-re-re-replaced until i ended up with a squonker and this lab-bie mess!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes I do a bit of free sooth saying in my free time. I don't need cards or runes, although they add to the experience.

It is ALL the same though, NO ONE ever listens.

If I could MAKE one person listen in the world it would not be the soon arriving Jesus who walks among us, as yet unknown to fight off Satan (Hillary and her minions) Sorry got a little political there but yeah, I would freaking MAKE my husband LISTEN to me about when to BUY and sell houses.

Because I just KNOW not the reasons why. I mean I could have said "The water heater will burst while you visit and then some virus will come along and eat property values."

IF ONLY I could have said that. Instead I kept repeating "I told you something TERRIBLE would happen if it was not on the market before CHRISMAS."

So sorry about that, let me know how you get on. I am conducting a semi--accurate but better than the death count estimated of COVID 19 which is FLAT OUT INSANELY WRONG unless we lose all the frail boomers with no sense which I MIGHT be okay with if loved ones were not among them....

Sorry about my callousness but here is a prediction I make regularly with 100% accuracy. "We are all BORN to die."

The ECONOMY was born to FLOURISH under Trump BUT OH NO WE CAN'T have THAT.

Sorry LOL.

Anna

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
Yes I do a bit of free sooth saying in my free time. I don't need cards or runes, although they add to the experience.

It is ALL the same though, NO ONE ever listens.

If I could MAKE one person listen in the world it would not be the soon arriving Jesus who walks among us, as yet unknown to fight off Satan (Hillary and her minions) Sorry got a little political there but yeah, I would freaking MAKE my husband LISTEN to me about when to BUY and sell houses.

Because I just KNOW not the reasons why. I mean I could have said "The water heater will burst while you visit and then some virus will come along and eat property values."

IF ONLY I could have said that. Instead I kept repeating "I told you something TERRIBLE would happen if it was not on the market before CHRISMAS."

So sorry about that, let me know how you get on. I am conducting a semi--accurate but better than the death count estimated of COVID 19 which is FLAT OUT INSANELY WRONG unless we lose all the frail boomers with no sense which I MIGHT be okay with if loved ones were not among them....

Sorry about my callousness but here is a prediction I make regularly with 100% accuracy. "We are all BORN to die."

The ECONOMY was born to FLOURISH under Trump BUT OH NO WE CAN'T have THAT.

Sorry LOL.

Anna

o_Oo_Oo_O

virm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2019
have ya tried a 10ml version of @DavidOck rendition yet?

not yet. need to try these first...
Cactus (Kaktus) (INAWERA) 2.50
Grape, White (FA) 3.00
Mandarin (Tanger) (FA) 1.50
Mixed Mint (INAWERA) 0.08
Lavender (FA) 0.08

Cactus (Kaktus) (INAWERA) 2.50
Grape, White (FA) 2.50
Mandarin (Tanger) (FA) 1
Spearmint (FLV) 0.30
Lavender (FA) 0.10

3 tried 4days === mint too much