HELP, colllapsed spring ! What happened !?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Has to be a short in your atty. How you fix it is....change attys (what are you using? a rebuildable?) and get another spring. You can get springs from Rob's site for $4. They're handy to have around....when you order one, get a couple. You can just change it out yourself. Find your short first or it'll happen again.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
If it is on a metal REO it is simple to replace. Just one screw on the bottom. Newer REO's have the phillips head screw. When you remove the spring, clean the part of the REO where it sat. Apply some Noalox to the screw threads before installing.

If it is a wood REO then it is soldered in place. You can do it yourself or send to Robert to fix.

As others said, figure out why you got a short. Probably the atomizer. Best to take it off and chuck it if it is a disposable.
If it is a rba then you must find if it is the coil, wire touching the cap, or loose post. Remove it and check on a ohm meter.

Do NOT just pull up the spring and continue using the REO! The spring will only collapse once. You will not have protection against frying other parts of the REO or battery damage/explosion in case of a short.

darkzero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
SoCal
If it's not a short inside the atty, eg. coil shorting on ground, check the length of the 510 connection of the atty. Most disposables & the RM2 would have the proper length but various other rebuildables & adapters can have too long of a 510. This can damage the gaskets in the Reo if screwed on too far & could cause a short. I make sure all my rebuildables are in the neighborhood of .17-.18" from the base of the atty to the end of the center pin & adjust as needed. I have some atties that come close to .19" or more & I won't use them until I shorten them. Using a thicker oring in the drip well will help if it's too long.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Thanks Darkzero! Here are pics for your explanation:

adapterwrongway.jpg

adapterrightway.jpg

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
Looks like they have it covered . You may want to check your button while your at it . If the button is damaged you will need a new button . You can also remove the pin and the button clean it up with a razor knife and turn it 180 degrees . If you want me to fix it

Please put
a note with your email address and a brief description of the problem .Also
empty any e juice in the mod and remove the bottle .It helps to put a tissue
or napkin around the tube .

Reos Mods LLC
120 Ida Jim Rd
Alfred Me 04002

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
I was vaping it regularly and then suddenly the spring collapsed!

What the hell happened?How do I fix this?

Rob ! Help !! :(

Short for sure but not enough info to know why, brother. Tell us about your setup. It could help avoid this occurring in the future.

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
What does the full rebuild consist of? What if I just want the spring replaced?
A complete rebuild is everything on the inside of the mod . bottle caps o rings gaskets center post positive contact spring button
If you just need a spring you can do that yourself I have them on my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread