Help...did something stupid with my GGT

Status
Not open for further replies.

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
I ran out of my office to talk to someone and left my GGT unlocked horizontally on my desk. Came back in about 3 minutes and saw the smoke coming out :mad:. It was on the bttn and juice came out (the tip I think). Was very hot to touch.
I cleaned up the juice and opened it up. Foam in atty was not burnt. Looks OK. Works the same but I have a burnt taste now. Should I empty the AFS and start over? Which I had another afs atty.
I miss the nice, smooth taste. Is there something I can do?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I ran out of my office to talk to someone and left my GGT unlocked horizontally on my desk. Came back in about 3 minutes and saw the smoke coming out :mad:. It was on the bttn and juice came out (the tip I think). Was very hot to touch.
I cleaned up the juice and opened it up. Foam in atty was not burnt. Looks OK. Works the same but I have a burnt taste now. Should I empty the AFS and start over? Which I had another afs atty.
I miss the nice, smooth taste. Is there something I can do?

empty the AFS and put some fresh liquid inside pt91. If you see that the taste is still burned, change the atty or clean it. I dont know cleaning methods, but many members here are experts to this:)

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
Well it worked for a few minutes than started leaking somewhere. I cleaned it off, took it apart and now no vapor. AFS atty may be dead (oh no!). I am hoping the connections are just wet but a reg. atty works OK. I am more than sad if my only afs atty is dead.
If it doesn't work in a while I will try to clean it.

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Yep, definitely worth trying a clean. I know too well how hard it is when your only AFS atty dies. 8-o8-o
Order as many backups as you can as soon as Rob has them in stock. Dripping sucks!!
AFSing ROCKS!!

And yeah, I stand mine on its end too and I always lock the booton when laying it down on its side at night :).

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
Yep, definitely worth trying a clean. I know too well how hard it is when your only AFS atty dies. 8-o8-o
Order as many backups as you can as soon as Rob has them in stock. Dripping sucks!!
AFSing ROCKS!!

And yeah, I stand mine on its end too and I always lock the booton when laying it down on its side at night :).

Got it working again :w00t:
Definitely going to order more afs attys, O-rings, etc so I don't get in a bind. Down to one cig in the morning and tmrw I am thinking zero. time to have some vapor with my morning coffee.

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Good to hear my friend... Hope the PG troubles are going away. And I know it is that morning nic that is the hardest one to get... I usually need a good 6v vape in the morning to jump start my day... Nice to have options with the GG. And yes get in the habit of spinning the lock on the booton as a safety. You never know when it might get pressed.

O and for a really nice morning coffee vape I always go with this stuff... The Cafe is awesome... goes very well with your morning brew...

lashmn

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
SW FL (Naples)
Good to hear my friend... Hope the PG troubles are going away. And I know it is that morning nic that is the hardest one to get... I usually need a good 6v vape in the morning to jump start my day... Nice to have options with the GG. And yes get in the habit of spinning the lock on the booton as a safety. You never know when it might get pressed.

O and for a really nice morning coffee vape I always go with this stuff... The Cafe is awesome... goes very well with your morning brew...

Good morning, Vapn,

I am ready to start putting the AFS together again and have cut down the mouthpiece but for right now I am thoroughly enjoying vaping 6V Kona coffee! Good stuff!. Nice flavor and vapor-very smooth.:)

If I have trouble I'll call you but don't want to bother you at work.

Lynn

P.S. Is the Gold label Vg or PG (Couldn't tell but I am a sucker for coffee flavors)? Also, is it the proper consistency for the AFS or do you add to it? I noticed you said you used Aquaeous Glycerin wich I tried this a.m. (Still struggling with my AFS-none of the atties seem to warm up. Is that because of the two holes?) So many questions, so many Christmas cards to do. LOL

Last edited:

vinylmason

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
Dayton ,Ohio
Good morning, Vapn,

I am ready to start putting the AFS together again and have cut down the mouthpiece but for right now I am thoroughly enjoying vaping 6V Kona coffee! Good stuff!. Nice flavor and vapor-very smooth.:)

Lynn

where is your Kona coffee from ? that was my fav flavor until JC quit making it :-x

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
Good morning, Vapn,

Lynn

P.S. Is the Gold label Vg or PG (Couldn't tell but I am a sucker for coffee flavors)? Also, is it the proper consistency for the AFS or do you add to it? I noticed you said you used Aquaeous Glycerin wich I tried this a.m. (Still struggling with my AFS-none of the atties seem to warm up. Is that because of the two holes?) So many questions, so many Christmas cards to do. LOL

The Gold Label is PG I believe. It has one of the most unique coffee flavors I have. It is slightly sweet but no too much. I have not tried it in the AFS. I only put an all day vape in it. Like my newest fav the Flavorart juice from Italy. WOW I like that stuff.

Anyway, I am not really sure that your atties are broken in yet as you mentioned that they don't get warm. Have you put 6v to them for a little while to get them going? Make sure you keep em wet though. And good thing you cut down the cart as I think that is your juice problems. Keep the atty hole in the up position until they start going good and then turn down to get more juice. Sometimes if you keep hitting it while down you flood it too quick. So I mainly use mine like I would drip. Take one or two draws while the holes are down and then turn them up until I get that dry taste again. Repeat. Only if the atty is performing veeeeeery good can I keep the holes in the down position for a while. That is where the filler material comes in handy. To catch some of the extra juice that is entering before it is needed. Also you may try to clear the laser hole in case there is something blocking it. Take a sewing needle and just stick it through gently. You don't want to make the hole any bigger just clear anything that may be stuck in it. I had to do this once as I was not getting any juice flow. That hole being so small can get a piece of dirt to ruin your day.

Good luck and hope to see a smiling face soon.
If not I would suggest getting a few new atties as those are probably your problem. That is TW for ya. Those Multi Packs are not always good. I have not had problems myself but have read plenty of people complaining that they had whole packs bad. Not TW's fault either just the quality control in China.

lashmn

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
SW FL (Naples)
Good morning, Vapn,

Lynn

where is your Kona coffee from ? that was my fav flavor until JC quit making it :-x

Here's the link, vinyl: 2.2 - Kona Coffee Series : StrictlyEjuice.com, Flavor Shop! Yummy. Enjoy. Prices are good, too. 30 ml for $9.95

Lynn

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
I guess I am going to be known as the king of dumb afs questions, but how do you control the up/down of the atty hole in relation to the power button?
I have watched the videos, taken it apart a few times, etc and still don't totally understand it.
I am also afraid that I will over-tighten the pressure on my O-rings.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I guess I am going to be known as the king of dumb afs questions, but how do you control the up/down of the atty hole in relation to the power button?
I have watched the videos, taken it apart a few times, etc and still don't totally understand it.
I am also afraid that I will over-tighten the pressure on my O-rings.

pt91, you can pressure as hard as you want the o-rings but its not nesesary at all.

as for the adjustment of the atty's hole, you just turn the whole GG by 180 degrees. The button will change position of cource. The ability that button can stay always on top in any position of the hole, exists only on GGTS:)

I have to say that I dont see any dumb question here!

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
thanks Imeo,
Since the bttm of the atty is screwed into the body of the ggt, that is a fixed position that can't be adjusted, right? Mine ends up being about 45 degrees off from the button position so I turn whole ggt to smoke. Hope that makes sense. Maybe I am missing something very simple and basic in the adjustments.
I figure where the hole is by the sound of the unit and turn from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread