Help for GF

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Hi all. Not sure where to begin with this... I hate these kind of questions since the answers are so variable. Please bear with me.

I'm not really new to e-cigs, but my GF as expressed an interest and went surfing for an e-cig. She found a 900 mah eGo type at Totally Wicked. I was impressed (she must have listened to me talking about battery life).

Anyway, I don't use eGo type stuff. I use mods with 14500 batteries so the eGo form factor/technology is kinda new to me. There are so many sites, models, form factors and button issues that it confuses even a non-noob. Everyone seems to rave about them, and then complain a lot (lol).

I found this link:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/129586-dual-ego-mega-kit-63-a.html

Seems like a good option. I assume she should go with a dual battery kit with at least 900 mah. There are also many links on the button issues. The auto-battery link I saw didn't explain if they are microphone or flow-switch activated. Some even go to 1300 mah.

So, to get to question (finally, lol).

Where do I get:

1) Dual kit - includes charger, 2 atties, carts.
2) 900 mah or better
3) Good button
4) Won't die after 2 weeks.

Also, do you guys use regular joye 510 atomizers and these with acceptable results? I'd rather not go the LR route at 1st, although we may get 1 LR to try it.

There are so many variations/makes/models. Or should I just look into some mod?

Also FYI, some interesting info on the LR atties in general posted elsewhere (by me):

Ummm.... I've heard "rumors" that some of the batteries (EGO/vGo/016, others?) may wear out faster using LR atties... the MOSFET power regulator isn't necessarily able to hold up to that amount of current. May vary depending on the exact resistance of the atty and the exact model/revision of the battery. I don't think they "go poof" right out of the box, but I think that they have a shortened lifetime due to extra power draw. Note this is all a bit of hearsay right now, but it makes sense. Then, of course, there is the reduced time between charges, and more frequent charging.

That said, a TON of people use LR atties with EGO batteries and absolutely love em (both the batteries and the atty). I'd say, if you like the EGO type stuff, just get 1 extra battery just to be safe. We vapers usually keep a spare or two anyway.

I use 3.7 volt "box" mods (using AA size 900 mah batteries) and I'm kinda 50/50 on the LR atty thing. The regular atties don't "burn" the juice as much - you have to keep LR atties well fed. Some "regular" atties are 2.5 ohm, some 3.0 ohm. So it varies also.

And the info from:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/madvapes/127262-about-low-resistance-specific-batteries.html

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

TL1000RSquid

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
LINY
litecigusa.com currently has 650 kits for $55, 2 batts, 2 attys, etc. they're 650's though. The MFS deal is pretty good I got some stuff from them last week super cheap with the coupon codes.
Joye's have the hard button, Rivas have a soft button, not sure about the eco's vgo's and other knock offs. The Tornado's are rebranded Joye's I believe. I wouldn't pass up any good deals on a 650 either mine lasts me most of the day.

You can use the 510's atty's in them they work fine. I usually just stick with carto's.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
If the stuff MFS sells is genuine JoyE product then that is a good deal. I believe they are.

Wrt LRs on any battery that is not high drain (read LiMN or IMR) will lead to premature battery death. To some folks this is insignificant, but folks need to be made aware of this. We should indeed head Madvapes post. None of the eGo batteries can handle LR vaping, although the popularity of this vaping custom has grown in leaps and bounds.

Wrt the eGo vice a mod, let her grow into a mod (she will). The important thing to remember, she want's to start vaping and has set her sights on the eGo to begin the journey. That is a good thing.

ETA: TW sells genuine JoyE products, its called the Tornado.

Shamus

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
NJ USA
www.unsmoke.us
I can't fill all the criteria for you but I can share my experience (my whole 8 days) of scouring this site, trying new things etc.
I originally bought a Riva. It was fine and had no problems with it. Then I got on the Joye ego deal from libertyflights. I REALLY prefer the button on the Joye. The Riva button was too soft and sticks out too far for me. For some reason it seems like I'm the minority on that, though. My batteries last a full day of what I thought was fairly heavy vaping.
Then I ordered some attys (LR/Mega), some carts, cartos, and batteries of all various shapes and sizes. All said and done, if I could do it over again, I would order 2 or 3 Joye manual batteries, and a couple packs of mega cartos. At around $25 for the combo I would have saved a whole bunch of money fiddle farting around with all the little stuff. Throw in a couple chargers and she's golden.
I'm only 8 days into my adventure but I finally found what seems to be perfect for me and figured I would share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread