Help.. I need a new tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA
I have a pico istick 75w and I've been using a Melo 3 tank. I vape at 20w and the thing leaks like crazy. This is my 3rd or 4th one and they have all leaked. I don't know if it's because I chain vape, or what.. but it's a real problem. Any suggestions on a new tank that will not be as prone to leaking? I've been vaping since 2010, but I don't experiment much. I find something I like and stick with it. This is my first "mod" with a larger tank. I was using an ego battery and aspire tank before this. I've had this setup for about a year, and love it.. but my only issue is the leaking. It's driving me crazy. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What have you tried to stop the leaking? I'm not sure it's the tank if it's happened with all of them....

With that said there are lots of good tank options out there. You might want to look at a tank that takes the C-cells, as they have tons of coil options to try, and can also be rebuilt. Here's a thread on them, the started with Vapresso tanks I think but there are plenty of tanks that are compatible with them I have a Wismec tank that uses them and apart from small tank size (which I think the Vaporesso tank is slightly larger) I like the tank a lot, and definitely how it vapes (I am using a 1.0 resistance cell, but I did purchase some others). Here's a thread about them: Vaporesso Target VTC Ccell coils last awhile.

There are just tons of options out there, and it sounds like you enjoy a medium vaping style? I do think the c-cells are fantastic, though.

Best of luck looking and I'm sure you'll get some great recommendations (and you may find a way to stop the Mello III (which I have not used yet) from leaking from other members who have that tank.

Best of luck!

Anna

Bahamaman

Jul 24, 2016
Ft. Worth, TX
The only tank I've ever experienced that's never leaked a drop is the Freemax Starre Pure. Great flavor at 35 watts using the .5 coil. 4 ml capacity. Coils last an INSANE length of time.

I'm a little concerned by the fact that, while they're still available on line, I no longer can find it on the manufacturer's website), which might indicate that the product either has been or will soon be discontinued.

landlocked

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Ok, USA
What have you tried to stop the leaking? I'm not sure it's the tank if it's happened with all of them....

I have checked all of the plastic O rings to make sure they are straight, I have changed coils more frequently, I've tried to tighten them more, then loosening them more, and everything in between. I've googled and googled about possible fixes with no luck. The tank does get hot, so I was thinking maybe the fact that I pretty much chain vape could be the problem. I have considered it was user error, but I don't know what else to try. I just know I'm tired of the leaking on my clothes and hands.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm open to any and all.

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
I have checked all of the plastic O rings to make sure they are straight, I have changed coils more frequently, I've tried to tighten them more, then loosening them more, and everything in between. I've googled and googled about possible fixes with no luck. The tank does get hot, so I was thinking maybe the fact that I pretty much chain vape could be the problem. I have considered it was user error, but I don't know what else to try. I just know I'm tired of the leaking on my clothes and hands.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'm open to any and all.

I have been doing some research on this and from what I have read so far lot's of people had issues with the leaking. The only thing I can suggest is take it all apart and clean it make sure all the Orings are where they are suppose to be, make sure the coil is snug fit. I'm not sure what coil you have. What is the recommended watt do they have on the coil? So if it says 25 watts and you are vaping less that could cause some leaking from what I have also read. I know this isn't much help but could be a start. I don't have any tanks they take pre built coils as I make my own. I never have issues. Good luck on this

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I have been doing some research on this and from what I have read so far lot's of people had issues with the leaking. The only thing I can suggest is take it all apart and clean it make sure all the Orings are where they are suppose to be, make sure the coil is snug fit. I'm not sure what coil you have. What is the recommended watt do they have on the coil? So if it says 25 watts and you are vaping less that could cause some leaking from what I have also read. I know this isn't much help but could be a start. I don't have any tanks they take pre built coils as I make my own. I never have issues. Good luck on this
    Good points. I have the new Exceed tank and got a handfull of eliquid the other day. Had been using it below the recommended setting. It was gurgling- that should have been a sign for me to crank it up a bit.

Now, I have it one watt higher which is keeping up with the eliquid flow better. Now, I have to learn a filling technique to keep it from flooding some first off.

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    I use the uwell crown and love it. Great flavor and vapor production with zero leaks. It doesn’t even get the condensation liquid that a lot of tanks get where it “leaks” out the airflow. Coils last forever and a day and it’s coils and the tank are pretty cheap. I’ve been wanting to try the crown 3 out but every time I find it cheap and put it in my cart I just think why when the O.G. Crown kick so much ...., pun intended.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    If you are chain vaping and using only one mod and tank, then most likely you are overworking them both. Please consider getting a 2nd mod and tank and switch between the two when you vape. Its also a good way to have 2 flavors so you don't get tired on just one. I chain vape all during my waking hours and have several in my rotation, all with different ejuices. I like variety. A really good and easy to use tank is the ego one mega tank. This holds 4 ml and comes in a variety of colors. Some like the drop in coils that come with these, but most love the CLR coils. The "R" stands for rebuildable but since they cost the same as their reg coils, some just chuck them when they are done. The rebuildable and rewick is so simple to do if you would be interested in doing that, there are plenty of peeps here to help. Here is a link to the tank I am describing. They happen to be less costly here than elsewhere, but I just wanted to show you what to look at to see if this is something you would be interested in.
    Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

:)

• Useful

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    Chain vaping and using a juice higher than 30 PG will cause leaking with almost any tank with a bottom coil and bottom airflow. Juice viscosity is reduced by higher temperature, and PG is less viscous than VG.

Add one or more tanks to your rotation, use higher VG juice (70 is my absolute minimum) and consider increasing nic content to reduce urges. Do all that and your leaking problem will probably be solved.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    @landlocked ... Forgive my aging memory. If you want to get rid of the Melo or just relegate it to backup status consider the Vaporesso Estoc Mega.

It has 4ml capacity, it's top fill, it doesn't leak even though it's bottom coil and bottom airflow, it takes the Vaporesso EUC line of drop-in coils and it produces a vape much like the Melo, only a tad better.

Also, the SS316 0.40 Ohm coils are temp control capable which means they'll shine on your Pico.

They're also dirt cheap and very long lasting. My last one--replaced today--went through about 60ml of liquid and I only changed it because I had been vaping a juice with Koolada in it (once that stuff gets in your wick, it STAYS).

I forgot about the Estoc because mine was in backup, and that's only because I've been fiddlin' around with rebuildables.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread