Help me find a narrow, short tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javamon

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
Ok, now that I have a legit setup - iStick, eleaf GS Air tank - the next step in my enjoyment will be getting the right tip.
I'm surprised how many tips are wide, long, and unshaped. My tank has a large, wide, metal tip.

I'd much prefer something shorter, more narrow, and a different material - plastic or wood, not metal.

I have scanned the previous threads and done my Google diligence, and so far, I'm striking out.
Anybody have a pointer? Thanks.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Got Vapes has always been a good source for a variety of inexpensive tips in several shapes, sizes and materials used. Many vendors have sections for tips which often include some very good sale prices that rival or beat buying straight from China.

I enjoy super short and fairly short tips on my "on the go" gear and have been most happy with the two more custom type vendors below.

I also don't go for the current fashionable metal "sticks" or any cold metal tips --- but I really do find these more delicate and creative acrylic versions at a 1" height quite nice. (The second one in the picture is a "comfort tip", and named very appropriately.) I use one on my istick.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/discountvapers/465383-pinnacle-drip-tips-90.html#post15034897

Check out this thread for some very nice eye candy for both girly and everybody tips. Heights are often in the 1 1/4 - 1 1/2" range, but Molehill also makes some adorable 1 and 1 1/8" ones. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-tip-brag-thread-post-yours.html#post12496476

There are more including some beautiful glass designers. These 2 just happen to be my favorites.

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
java, I don't particularly care for metal tips either, tho I seem to own quite a few. Do you by any chance have a pic of the type and style of tip that you like? It might be helpful to say it in pictures.

I'll agree wholeheartedly with my fellow drip tip queen, tearose. Good suggestions there!

Amy87

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
IN, USA
I hate added height to my set-ups, so I really like any shorty drip tips I can find. I have a bunch of shorty tips from Desert Vapes, but they are aluminum so not sure you would want those. But Desert Vapes has tons of tips in all sizes and different materials, all very reasonably priced. Their customer service is great too.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

Javamon

Verified Member
    Nov 29, 2014
    Hudson Valley, NY
    What I have decided, believe it or not, is to buy a 5 dollar Eleaf BCC-GT tank, and take the whistle tip off of it. :)
    It's not short, but it's narrow, and it's not stainless steel against my mouth. Should work, and I get a spare tank as a bonus.

Eleaf BCC-GT.jpg

ckmeyers

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 26, 2012
    Mojave Desert, CA
    cmfractals.com
    What I have decided, believe it or not, is to buy a 5 dollar Eleaf BCC-GT tank, and take the whistle tip off of it. :)
    It's not short, but it's narrow, and it's not stainless steel against my mouth. Should work, and I get a spare tank as a bonus.

View attachment 404950

Those are the same kind of drip tips used on the VapeOnly bcc, you can buy them separately for 99 cents each from smoke-evolution.com
    510 Slim Whistle Drip Tip

I bought 3 of them and so far they've fit on everything I tried them on. :)

T4T3Z0R

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 4, 2010
    Brevard, NC, USA
    java, I don't particularly care for metal tips either, tho I seem to own quite a few. Do you by any chance have a pic of the type and style of tip that you like? It might be helpful to say it in pictures.

I'll agree wholeheartedly with my fellow drip tip queen, tearose. Good suggestions there!

I am not a huge fam of the metal drip tips either. i have quite a few since thats what tanks seem to mostly come with, i have been taking electrical heat shrink tubing, which has a slightly hard but cushioned plastic feel, trim a piece to size and heat it on there. conforms to the shape of the tip and gives a bit of cushion and insulates the metal

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread