The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help me find a narrow, short tip?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by Javamon, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Javamon

Javamon Super Member Verified Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Ok, now that I have a legit setup - iStick, Eleaf GS Air tank - the next step in my enjoyment will be getting the right tip.
    I'm surprised how many tips are wide, long, and unshaped. My tank has a large, wide, metal tip.

I'd much prefer something shorter, more narrow, and a different material - plastic or wood, not metal.

I have scanned the previous threads and done my Google diligence, and so far, I'm striking out.
    Anybody have a pointer? Thanks.

2. Niten13

Niten13 Super Member Verified Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tigard, OR, USA
    Check out Fast Tech for drip tips. Cheap for right now, other than that I know a few companies that make great wooden and natural stone dip tips.

3. Javamon

Nov 29, 2014
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Thank you. I'll look. But, since it is a tip and not an expensive mod, I'd gladly pay a few bucks extra to buy in the U.S. and not wait for the Slowtech boat. :)
    Any U.S. pointers? Thanks.

4. Niten13

Niten13 Super Member Verified Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tigard, OR, USA
    Custom Drip Tips Also on the Forum as a supplier. They are a little more spendy but I bookmarked them as i will have to buy a few.

5. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
    Got Vapes has always been a good source for a variety of inexpensive tips in several shapes, sizes and materials used. Many vendors have sections for tips which often include some very good sale prices that rival or beat buying straight from China.

I enjoy super short and fairly short tips on my "on the go" gear and have been most happy with the two more custom type vendors below.

I also don't go for the current fashionable metal "sticks" or any cold metal tips --- but I really do find these more delicate and creative acrylic versions at a 1" height quite nice. (The second one in the picture is a "comfort tip", and named very appropriately.) I use one on my istick.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/discountvapers/465383-pinnacle-drip-tips-90.html#post15034897

Check out this thread for some very nice eye candy for both girly and everybody tips. Heights are often in the 1 1/4 - 1 1/2" range, but Molehill also makes some adorable 1 and 1 1/8" ones. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-accessories-discussion/538471-molehill-mountain-drip-tip-brag-thread-post-yours.html#post12496476

There are more including some beautiful glass designers. These 2 just happen to be my favorites.

6. Javamon

Nov 29, 2014
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Thank you. Very helpful. Yeah - I don't get how many cold metal tips I see out there as standard equipment. Doesn't compute for me at all.

7. Katdarling

Katdarling I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;) Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    java, I don't particularly care for metal tips either, tho I seem to own quite a few. Do you by any chance have a pic of the type and style of tip that you like? It might be helpful to say it in pictures.

I'll agree wholeheartedly with my fellow drip tip queen, tearose. Good suggestions there!

8. Javamon

Nov 29, 2014
    Hudson Valley, NY
  9. sisu

sisu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 9, 2014
    Texas
    There is everything from the plain and simple to some custom made tips on ebay.

10. Amy87

Amy87 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2013
    IN, USA
    I hate added height to my set-ups, so I really like any shorty drip tips I can find. I have a bunch of shorty tips from Desert Vapes, but they are aluminum so not sure you would want those. But Desert Vapes has tons of tips in all sizes and different materials, all very reasonably priced. Their customer service is great too.

11. daleron

daleron ECF Guru - TWR Co-Mod Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Show that to Kayte at Molehill Mountain Arts ... bet she & Doug could make you a lovely one shaped like that ;)

12. Javamon

Nov 29, 2014
    Hudson Valley, NY
    What I have decided, believe it or not, is to buy a 5 dollar Eleaf BCC-GT tank, and take the whistle tip off of it. :)
    It's not short, but it's narrow, and it's not stainless steel against my mouth. Should work, and I get a spare tank as a bonus.

Eleaf BCC-GT.jpg

13. ckmeyers

ckmeyers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Mojave Desert, CA
    Those are the same kind of drip tips used on the VapeOnly bcc, you can buy them separately for 99 cents each from smoke-evolution.com
    510 Slim Whistle Drip Tip

I bought 3 of them and so far they've fit on everything I tried them on. :)

14. Javamon

Nov 29, 2014
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Excellent. Thank you.

15. ckmeyers

ckmeyers Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Mojave Desert, CA
  16. Maiar

Maiar Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Wow there are some absolutely stunning drip tips there.

17. Wissel Joe

Wissel Joe Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 21, 2015
    Medina, Ohio
  18. Amy87

Amy87 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2013
    IN, USA
  19. T4T3Z0R

T4T3Z0R Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    Brevard, NC, USA
    I am not a huge fam of the metal drip tips either. i have quite a few since thats what tanks seem to mostly come with, i have been taking electrical heat shrink tubing, which has a slightly hard but cushioned plastic feel, trim a piece to size and heat it on there. conforms to the shape of the tip and gives a bit of cushion and insulates the metal

20. Javamon

Nov 29, 2014
    Hudson Valley, NY
    What I wound up buying is a black plastic whistle tip and a narrow plastic tip from, of course, my one and only hardware supplier - evape.us.

Tip.jpg

Both are a perfect addition for me. No more metal tips for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.