What a difference a Drip Tip makes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
SF Bay Area, Sacramento CA
Has anyone else been struggling to achieve that elusive "perfect vape"? Well, at times i think I have captured it, only to later realize that something is missing. The drip tip has reached my level of awareness after breaking both of the supplied drip tips that came with my Phoenix RBAs. (Note.. Take that PV out of your pocket when sitting, especially your back pocket... duh I should know better) Anyhow, I went through all of my fancy Drip Tips, the metal ones get way too hot ( I vape at about 10watts) the other plastics were too big to fit (Where is the 510 standard???), the hole too narrow, etc. etc. etc.

I knew there was a reason I stuck with the shipped drip tips of Phoneix for a reason as I have played this charade before, but I did not care, that is until I broke my last Phoenix drip tip!

What a difference a drip tip makes. I just received my nice PLASTIC Ming styly drip tip with a wide hole and loving life.

Here's a pic of my "Current" perfect Vape machine!

Happy weekend and happy vaping!

Attachments

• Telescope.jpg
    Telescope.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 2,493

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Drip tip's make all the difference in the world to me as well. I don't care for the standard shaped tips, ming style's are by far more comfortable to me and are all I use except for my 306's which i've even been considering getting one of those 306 to 510 drip tip adaptor sleeves that slide down over a 306 and you can use a 510 drip tip on.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
If you like the ming style drip tips, treat yourself to a Knucklehead. They swivel on a half-dome base in a 360 degree direction. They are the most comfortable tip I own, and I own a lot of different tips, including the pyrex Trippy Tips and glass tips from Hot Vapes. A lot of vendors carry the Knuckleheads or a knock off of them.

knucklehead on tank.jpg knucklehead-tip-2.jpg
click to enlarge detail

Vapor Mania has colored ones. BLASTER Adjustable Drip Tips

blaster swival tips.jpg
click to enlarge detail

catoliver

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2012
South Carolina
Has anyone else been struggling to achieve that elusive "perfect vape"? Well, at times i think I have captured it, only to later realize that something is missing. The drip tip has reached my level of awareness after breaking both of the supplied drip tips that came with my Phoenix RBAs. (Note.. Take that PV out of your pocket when sitting, especially your back pocket... duh I should know better) Anyhow, I went through all of my fancy Drip Tips, the metal ones get way too hot ( I vape at about 10watts) the other plastics were too big to fit (Where is the 510 standard???), the hole too narrow, etc. etc. etc.

I knew there was a reason I stuck with the shipped drip tips of Phoneix for a reason as I have played this charade before, but I did not care, that is until I broke my last Phoenix drip tip!

What a difference a drip tip makes. I just received my nice PLASTIC Ming styly drip tip with a wide hole and loving life.

Here's a pic of my "Current" perfect Vape machine!

Happy weekend and happy vaping!

That is a sweet looking set-up! I want a ming tip! Who did you order them from?

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
I love the mings, have about 12 of them, lol.

Indeed. I will be ordering more of these for sure. I hate that I only purchased 1. If I knew how great these were.... Have you tried glass ones? I am wondering if glass is as conductive as metal in terms of heat? If not, I may wanna add a few glass tips to my collection.

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
That is a sweet looking set-up! I want a ming tip! Who did you order them from?

Thanks! My fav set-up by far!

I ordered the tip from ivape.net... They are pretty local so I can get accessories in 1-2 days.

The Telescope came from Madvapes and the Phoenix from MOV (Mountain Oak Vapors)

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
If you like the ming style drip tips, treat yourself to a Knucklehead. They swivel on a half-dome base in a 360 degree direction. They are the most comfortable tip I own, and I own a lot of different tips, including the pyrex Trippy Tips and glass tips from Hot Vapes. A lot of vendors carry the Knuckleheads or a knock off of them.

View attachment 143787 View attachment 143788
click to enlarge detail

Vapor Mania has colored ones. BLASTER Adjustable Drip Tips

View attachment 143792
click to enlarge detail

Thanks! These look interesting. I have seen them before, but of course that was before my new found appreciation for mings. How are the glass ones? With heat transfer. I vape at LR high Watts.

Thanks in advance

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone

View attachment 143787 View attachment 143788
click to enlarge detail

Thanks for the suggestion.

I wonder if they are more difficult to clean or accumulated more old juice with the angle? I think I'll order one in case I ever get sick (touch wood, but vaping seems to keep the cold/flus away) or my back goes out. It would make vaping my REO in bed less hazardous.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
I own several ming style drip tips, but the one kind I really want and have been meaning to buy for as long as I can remember is a Cherry Vapes ming. I love the Emerald one. Clouds of Vapor had boxes of all the different colors/"jewels" at their booth at VaperCon but I was so excited to grab my GG and the Butterscotch and there were a bunch of people behind me trying to get to the table that I ducked out and completely forgot about them.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
How are the glass ones? With heat transfer. I vape at LR high Watts.
The glass tips are very comfortable to me, with no heat transfer. I've never cared for the stainless steel or aluminum tips, they just do not feel as natural for some reason.

I've read some people do not care for the Knuckleheads for dripping - the juice gets stuck in the "joint" of the drip tip. I don't drip, so that aspect wouldn't bother me. For people who get juice in their vape, the angle cuts down on the chance of any reaching your mouth.

Below are a couple of glass tips from Hot Vapes on my Triple V pyrex tanks from Valley View Vapes:

Triple_V_pyrex_1.JPG clear&frosted-tank-3.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Check out the bella tanks. They aren't ming but I want one. Hoosier vapes on FB. Can't post the link, won't let me.

Below is my Bella Elegance tank from Hoosier Vapes. Actually, the name distiction refers to the tank length and carto length that each uses. The Bella takes a standard length carto like a Boge, the Elegance takes an XL length carto like a Smoktech DCT. But, in practice you should be able to use either length as this refers only to the tube length, which is a polycarbonate tube. The cartomizer end fits into the top cap.

These tanks are made of acrylic and are hand turned and polished. The top cap and mouthpiece are all one piece, and filling with juice is easily accomplished by simply twisting the top cap off the tube. Every tank is unique in color and pattern.

I dislike polycarbonate, and after some very careful researching on my part, figured out that the clear naked tubes from Phiniac will fit the Bella and Elegance tanks perfectly. (* The colored tanks that Phiniac sells WILL NOT fit, they are a larger inner diameter tube.)

My Phiniac tube is an XL clear that I had them custom color sandblast a design in orange. The green color is actually the e-juice - Ecto Plasma from Juicy Vapor.

Bella_Phin1.jpg Bella_Phin3.jpg Bella-Phin-Frog.jpg
click pics to enlarge detail

More pics of my setup: Click on the link in my signature below.

Last edited:

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
The glass tips are very comfortable to me, with no heat transfer. I've never cared for the stainless steel or aluminum tips, they just do not feel as natural for some reason.

I've read some people do not care for the Knuckleheads for dripping - the juice gets stuck in the "joint" of the drip tip. I don't drip, so that aspect wouldn't bother me. For people who get juice in their vape, the angle cuts down on the chance of any reaching your mouth.

Below are a couple of glass tips from Hot Vapes on my Triple V pyrex tanks from Valley View Vapes:

View attachment 143912 View attachment 143913

These are magnificent! Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread