Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
I started with 1.7 ohm shorty cartos. Once they clog up they really clog up. I liked them at first...now I find them a pain.

Got a 1.7 generic atty. I think generic was my problem, or that I simply don't know how to use the reo without a carto. I think I flood the thing all the time. I'm looking for non rebuildable...for now. Should I do an HH357? I don't really know what is good anymore.

xxbodkinxx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2013
Texas
I know that you said non rebuild able but really the rm2 is so incredibly easy to work with anyone could do it. I had never messed with them at all prior to my rm2 and after the first few I made it was a snap. Literally 5 minutes and your good to go for a while. Plus the cost savings. $10 for a 100 feet of wire and lime 3 bucks for enough cotton to last a year. Aren't hh357 pretty expensive?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Awkwardly Awesome

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Minnesota
I have used a few HH.357's and I liked them (though I wasn't using them on a REO) and I used cisco spec 306's on my REO. Both of which are very good atomizers. I have tried a few generic atomizers before and I was not impressed. I can never get much flavor, throat hit or even vapor from them.

Definitely don't give up on the REO, it isn't the problem. You just need to find an atty you like first.

Where about in MN are you?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I started with 1.7 ohm shorty cartos. Once they clog up they really clog up. I liked them at first...now I find them a pain.

Got a 1.7 generic atty. I think generic was my problem, or that I simply don't know how to use the reo without a carto. I think I flood the thing all the time. I'm looking for non rebuildable...for now. Should I do an HH357? I don't really know what is good anymore.

When I found the Joye atomizers I was done finding what I liked. The L.R. 1.5 306 was my hands down favorite.

Blind squonk to reduce your chances of flooding. It only takes a very small amount of juice. There is a learning curve, time is on your side!

I must say the only thing that got me away from the Joye was the rba. Flavor and vapor like I had never had.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I'm sure the generic was your problem .... I've found most of them to be junk.

If your sure you want to keep using (or start using) production atomizers I would suggest either the joye 510 in 1.5 ohm.
(The Joye 306 attys are also pretty junky IMO) so stick with the 510 in that brand its far better.

But my first choice if you don't mind spending a bit more would be Cisco bridge-less atomizers in 1.5 ohm ..... either 510 or 306 with that brand is great.

If your not a master at squonking atomizer I would steer way clear of the HH-357 it really is an advanced user atty IMO ..... it can be very tough to not flood or burn dry. Its a great atty if you have skills with the squonk thumb but the Cisco brdige-less are 95% as good for 1/3 the price so its win win for value.

I will say what everyone else has (or is) going to say though ...... its time to get a rebuildable and start learning.
Its so easy and even a bad coil on a RBA is better than the best production atomizer ...... I don't know why but its the truth.

Good luck .... if you can get the hang of any of those it will be much more satisfying than any cartomizer ever was.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Hi thinkingabout it :)

Just about 6 months ago the last thing I was thinking about were rebuildables. Then I saw this photo tutorial by juicejunky and I saw how easy it was. I thought to myself "is that all you have to do?" Then I thoughtaboutit for a minute and ordered up an RBA.

There was no turning back. Even though I am the poster child for the absolute LAST person you would EVER expect to build an atomizer and border on complete incompetence when it comes to tasks that require patience, I found it so easy and rewarding. It created a monster in me :)

It even inspired me to make a picture tutorial to demonstrate that if I can do it, anyone can. Don't be fooled by all these pictures of pretty coils and think "I could never do that". You can. It's easy. And if you don't want them pretty, thats fine too. People say the ugly ones still vape better than any stock atty :)
Rebuilding, seriously, is not brain surgery. Me and about half of everyone rebuilding would admit they were intimidated by it before they tried it. The rest were too they just won't admit it:)

Now please check out these links to some helpful tutorials and thinkaboutit :)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9421933

I'm gonna get a few more recent videos for you too. Give me a sec :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii

you will only have improved results with the RM2 (Rob's RBA on Reo site)... start with LR (approx. 1.2 to 1.8 Ohms) if you are not skilled at building coils, and work your way down to sub 1.0 Ohms coils... (my opinion .7 or .8 Ohms - ymmv).

the HH357 may improve your flavor but for a pretty penny, as it is "disposable"... if you want to stick with conventional attys, i recommend Vapage "new spec" b/f 1.5 Ohms... they're more consistent than the HH357 imo.
(btw i have a few i haven't used... hit me up)

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
Where about in MN are you?

I'm in the SW burbs.

To all...I hate you! LOL I have avoided rebuildables out of laziness. I don't rebuild my other stuff either, for $2/head I never cared. It's not skill, it's time I lack. I think I am going to order a couple Joye and consider the rebuildable as I try them. I will need some either way since I have two reos and doubt I will pony up for two RBAs when I can only use one at a time.

Thanks for confirming...the atty is hopefully my problem.

And for those who follow my wonderful posts...you will know I buy on impulse fairly often. I have 50ft of 30ga kanthal on the way (I have a few things I can use it one) and am ordering the damn reomizer now instead of the joye. Two joye/shipping are close to half the price of the reomizer and I don't want bulk till I know....so I did it. It better be good! ;)

Last edited:

debzcf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
At the shore...
I'm in the SW burbs.

To all...I hate you! LOL I have avoided rebuildables out of laziness. I don't rebuild my other stuff either, for $2/head I never cared. It's not skill, it's time I lack. I think I am going to order a couple Joye and consider the rebuildable as I try them. I will need some either way since I have two reos and doubt I will pony up for two RBAs when I can only use one at a time.

Thanks for confirming...the atty is hopefully my problem.

The RM2 is sooooo worth it. I'm not wrapping fancy microcoils. 4 wraps around silica. 1.8 ohm. It's extremely easy to do -- will take you a minute. You will not regret the purchase. I promise. :)

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Well I was gonna tell ya the Cisco lr306 are IMO the best disposables. But I will never need to buy anymore of them now that I have my RBAs and it appears you will likely be there soon too. I will say the RBAs take way less time than disposables. The fiddling and messing around I had to do with the disposables was way more than the time I put into my RBAs. Good luck to you :)

debzcf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
At the shore...
Yea, kanthal and the rm2 are on the way. I guess I made this thread knowing what I would get told...in the end it is better I suppose.

How long are coils lasting people? On my novas/evocd, etc I get a week or three, can I expect that?

I have two -- I replace the wicks every Friday.

harley05

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2010
Scarborough, Maine
I would surely get an RM2. Just to have it. Go to it when you're ready. If you can wrap a piece of wire around a 1/16 drill bit. (I stuck on a piece of yellow dual wall adhesive heat shrink tubing to cover the cutting edges) , leave both tails pointing the same way, stick 'em in two little holes and tighten, then you can make coils. Easier than toast! And with the friendly Geek Squad you will find here, we can have you up and running in no time. JMHO :)

Awkwardly Awesome

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Minnesota
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Forum Rules
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread