Help me...my throat is killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobe

Jun 16, 2009
Atlanta
I'm about ready to give up vaping and go back to analogs after beeing off them for the last 6 weeks!!! My throat is killing me while vaping and a while after that., The only thing really helping me is ricola candy but to be honest with you, it is comming out of my ..., I'm sick and tired of them.

Any good / proven solutions to keep me vapin'?...I realy hate the thought of going back to analogs :(

Tori

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
South Texas USA
You should definitely try switching to the VG and you must drink more fluids... water is good and tea, coffee, milk, juice, etc. are all good too... just make sure you're always drinking something, have to keep your throat moist... we like that word, moist :) I switched to VG and my sore throat went away in the first 2 days... give it a try

Hangtime

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2009
google search NOW vegetable glycrine, ita 100% pure.... and cheap... drink more water that might be the main solution here, WATER you need to hydrate, your body needs it, 1/4 gal is not any were enough if you vape or not but when you vape it DOES dihydrate you. By the way, so does smoking analogs but vape doesnt have the chems in it that make your throat feel like its ok.

EDIT:yay, 100 posts, I cut my juice 50/50 with vg and I've had no more probs

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Few people do get allergic reactions to PG, Some suppliers do have Vg based liquids available. Welcome to LiquidXpress specifies the Pg/Vg contents. and also sells pg and vg individually. You can also use distilled water to substitute if Pg is the culprit here. You dont want to use a large amount of Vg however, you can develop a very tight chest feeling, so you would definitely want to substitute something for the Pg.
You can also get Vg at any arts&crafts store in the baking section for about $3.00. Make sure the bottle says Vegetable Glycerin.
IMG_2010.jpg

If your using menthol liquids, some will indeed give you a scratchy throat from Extremely fine menthol crystals, again depends on the supplier.
I hope this helps you Sobe. ;)

Serendipity

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2009
Texas
I'm about ready to give up vaping and go back to analogs after beeing off them for the last 6 weeks!!! My throat is killing me while vaping and a while after that., The only thing really helping me is ricola candy but to be honest with you, it is comming out of my ..., I'm sick and tired of them.

Any good / proven solutions to keep me vapin'?...I realy hate the thought of going back to analogs :(

It could be your hardware. I had a lot of problems with my first e-cig and when I switched to a different e-cig my throat was instantly better. I still can't use that first model I bought.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Ikenmoke...man...you make me laugh hard...and my throat hutrs...maybe I should coat it in alluminum foil hahahaha:)

Hahaha Oh yes the throat must be wrapped or They will know what your ingesting!
paranoia1-1.jpg

ps. Serendipity has a very valid point, alot of factors come into play with this stuff.

Last edited:

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
I've been lurking here and similar places since the FDA piece on the news last week. This is all new to me. Live in a rural area. No stores sell this stuff. Can't try 'till I buy but have gotten very serious about doing so.

One assumption I've had is that with no smoke this was kind on the throat and lungs. Is this simply untrue? Do most people get sore throats from vaping? If so, does it make you cough too?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
One assumption I've had is that with no smoke this was kind on the throat and lungs. Is this simply untrue? Do most people get sore throats from vaping? If so, does it make you cough too?
Some people apparently do, for awhile anyway.
Most don't, but anyone might I suppose.

At least, that is what I have gathered from reading these forums for about 200 hours since June.

I never got a sore throat or a cough from this.
Although I did have a small coughing fit every morning from smoking cigarettes.

Oh, and the wheezing at night.
And the stuffy nose.

And yeah, stuff like that.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
Thanks for clarifying DC.

...Although I did have a small coughing fit every morning from smoking cigarettes.

Oh, and the wheezing at night.
And the stuffy nose.

And yeah, stuff like that.

Right. I'm down from a pack'n a half to two analogs a day + patch + gum. More than three cigs and I get all the same stuff. I don't want to go back there.

Tori

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
South Texas USA
google search NOW vegetable glycrine, ita 100% pure.... and cheap... drink more water that might be the main solution here, WATER you need to hydrate, your body needs it, 1/4 gal is not any were enough if you vape or not but when you vape it DOES dihydrate you. By the way, so does smoking analogs but vape doesnt have the chems in it that make your throat feel like its ok.

EDIT:yay, 100 posts, I cut my juice 50/50 with vg and I've had no more probs

I also use the NOW brand... good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread