Help me please (diy beginner trying to stock up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SignupZ

Apr 18, 2020
Hi, I've been vaping for a few years and had a variety of big bulky/powerful mods before I finally quit smoking altogether. Believe it or not the device that allowed me to quit completely was the Aspire Breeze. I found the auto draw with sub ohm coil to produce enough similar "hit" and combined with the convenience of throwing 2 of them full in my pocket everyday (about the size of a pack of cigs) helped me to get over the "convenience" factor of smoking vs vaping. Anyway it's been over a year now and I don't want anything to do with a cigarette! Which is a big accomplishment for someone who smoked 2+ packs a day for 28 years from the age of 12!

Anyway, I'm now nervous about the idiots in the media and government taking away our rights to vape and so I've been stocking up on DIY juices and ingredients necessary and I'm pretty good on that stuff now but what is worrying me the most is having a similar device + coils going forward. I have never DIY my own coils (but i can learn) and I steered away from all 18650 battery powered devices in the past because of safety related concerns. I know by researching lately that I will need to learn to build my own coils and I need something with a replaceable battery if I want to be able to continue vaping no matter what - because there isnt a cold chance in hell they are going to make me go back to smoking!

Can any of you recommend a solution(s) for me in regard to what device to get? So far I found a Voopoo Vinci X that ticks every box except for it doesnt have auto draw, which is kind of a big deal but I suppose in a "vapeacolypse" I could deal with that. I also found out about a Lost Vape Orion that has an rda and looked great but the battery isnt replaceable. Is there anything better than these I might be missing? As close to the convenience, reliability, and "most cig convenient" like the Aspire Breeze would be great. I really dont want to go back to smoking. If there was a way to replace the batteries on the OG Aspire Breeze I would buy 1000 of them and call it a day lol.

I know you all here at ecf have infinite wisdom on this subject so hoping that you could help me out please! :)

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi, I've been vaping for a few years and had a variety of big bulky/powerful mods before I finally quit smoking altogether. Believe it or not the device that allowed me to quit completely was the Aspire Breeze. I found the auto draw with sub ohm coil to produce enough similar "hit" and combined with the convenience of throwing 2 of them full in my pocket everyday (about the size of a pack of cigs) helped me to get over the "convenience" factor of smoking vs vaping. Anyway it's been over a year now and I don't want anything to do with a cigarette! Which is a big accomplishment for someone who smoked 2+ packs a day for 28 years from the age of 12!

Anyway, I'm now nervous about the idiots in the media and government taking away our rights to vape and so I've been stocking up on DIY juices and ingredients necessary and I'm pretty good on that stuff now but what is worrying me the most is having a similar device + coils going forward. I have never DIY my own coils (but i can learn) and I steered away from all 18650 battery powered devices in the past because of safety related concerns. I know by researching lately that I will need to learn to build my own coils and I need something with a replaceable battery if I want to be able to continue vaping no matter what - because there isnt a cold chance in hell they are going to make me go back to smoking!

Can any of you recommend a solution(s) for me in regard to what device to get? So far I found a Voopoo Vinci X that ticks every box except for it doesnt have auto draw, which is kind of a big deal but I suppose in a "vapeacolypse" I could deal with that. I also found out about a Lost Vape Orion that has an rda and looked great but the battery isnt replaceable. Is there anything better than these I might be missing? As close to the convenience, reliability, and "most cig convenient" like the Aspire Breeze would be great. I really dont want to go back to smoking. If there was a way to replace the batteries on the OG Aspire Breeze I would buy 1000 of them and call it a day lol.

I know you all here at ecf have infinite wisdom on this subject so hoping that you could help me out please! :)
Hi and welcome,
Where are you located?
IMO, the weak link in auto draw e -cigarettes is the sensor that fires the coil.
A device with a button will generally outlast an auto device.

Have you stockpiled any liters of nicotine..yet?

Cheers
I

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@SignupZ, you could try looking into Squonk mods and RDA's (Rebuildable Dripping Atomisers).

As they're a bit more resilient against the vapocalypse and much easier for folks inexperienced in coil wrapping and wicking. As wrapping a coil is relatively easy, wicking a tank or a pod could well drive you insane though.

It's just an idea though.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Well @SignupZ, for lower ohm builds you're probably best looking at dual 18650 mods and single 21700 mods for Squonkers. As they'll give you more saftey and runtime.

How big and heavy could you put up with though? As that's a big factor and of course.

But here's some to look into though.

Dovpo Topside 21700

Dovpo Topside dual (carbon and original)

Steamcrave Hadron (total overkill, dual 21700 mod with a Squonk addon to come)

There's a load out there to discover though.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
But how about trying to get a pico squeeze and a wasp nano rda, perfect for beginners, single batt 18650 and single coil rda,the pico is basically a mech squonk as you can't regulate it but it's got safety features built in and it's very small and lightweight.
I also have the dovpo topside dual and it's a fantastic regulated squonk mod but a bit on the heavy side.

Reactions: CagedSpam

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

The 18650 mods are NOT any less safe than any other vape gear. They can actually be safer because your not charging the battery in the mod itself but rather, using external charging which is safer if your using a good charger.

The issue your probably thinking of has to do with mechanical mods, which don't have any regulatory circuitry/boards, but there are plenty of regulated 18650 mods out there to choose from which are quite safe.

If your wanting something that you can build your own coils for, you'll need the more modern 18650 regulated mods to couple with an RTA (rebuildable tank atomizer) of your choice.

Your a mouth to lung vaper, so something along the lines of A Kayfun prime or a Siren v2 would be good, or you may like to take a chance on a coppervape Hussar clone (but with May being the deadline for pmta submission, you might need to heavily consider a U.S. seller for a new tank).

The biggest problem you face now really is time. Many vape shops are going out of business and have planned for a major shut down in May. So many items that were available a couple months ago may not be available now.

I'd plan on a18650/21700 battery mod or two (Geekvape is a good brand), and then a couple mtl RTA's that you can find... vaporDNA still has the Kayfun lite available.. but I've not used that one and it's authentic so it's more expensive... but anything authentic Kayfun is good, and that one from reviews is a tight mtl draw.

A less expensive option would be the Hastur, but all the shops I know are out of stock. It looks like Cthulhu still has them for sale, or at least they have a buy it now button so fingers crossed you can still get it:

Hastur MTL RTA – CTHULHU MOD -Innovations for Vaping

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Factory coils are great in some cases, but rebuildable are the the cheapest way to stock up. Use stock coils for times when they are necessary, then use rebuildables all the other times.

About squonking - I just don't see how a squonk mod is any more vapocalypse resistant than an RTA (rebuildable tank) with a regular mod.

Top it off with the fact that a squonk mod has an extra something that a regular mod does not have - the bottle. That means you have to stock up on bottles.

Only hoard squonkers and RDAs if that is what you like and have to have. Squonking is not for everyone. If you like tanks then stick with tanks.

Keeping it as simple as you can while being satisfied with what you have is the best route.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain

I've done a little shopping for you here, and Vapor Authority has some good items still available..

The first is a nice little mtl tank:

Genuine Vandy Vape™ Berzerker MTL RTA - Rebuildable Tank Atomizer

^^ decent price for USA seller that still has some in stock.

You could also pick up a Jackaroo

Genuine Vandy Vape™ Jackaroo 100W TC Starter Kit

(The price is full price, but I have 2 or three of these and they're a good choice)

Here is one that should not be overlooked as a mod choice:

Genuine Smoant™ Naboo 225W TC Starter Kit

While I don't have a naboo this came out when Smoant was putting some quality mods on the market.

And here is the Pico 25, you absolutely can't go wrong with it and it's a decent price:

Genuine Eleaf™ iStick Pico 25 TC Full Kit (w/ ELLO)

There are many different Pico's on the market but the above 25 has enough room for a 25mm atty, an essential feature in our day.

If you want to get into squonking instead, VaporDNA has the topside still last I checked, and that is absolutely my favorite regulated squonk mod. Just awesome...

My favorites for RDA's are the vapefly galaxy RDA (if you can find it then buy 2) and the Mission XV KRMA (on sale for $50 USD right now at the manufacturer)... those are both good for mtl...

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @SignupZ - I highly agree with @Opinionated in her recommendation of the Vandy Vape Berserker 24mm MTL RTA. It's my all-time favorite RTA for the longhaul and what I chose to stock up on the most, as well as slightly fewer of them in the 22mm Mini size.

As far as where to get some though, I can help you save $12 each, compared to Vapor Authority's price, by getting them from a different US vendor right now. They still have (1) in Stainless Steel and (3) in Black in stock. Free S/H kicks in at only $35, too, so even if you bought just 2 you'd get that. I bought a few more from them just a week and 1/2 ago, for friends.

I don't want to post here where they are though. Things have a way of selling out very quickly when it's a really good deal. So, if you'll send me a private message (PM) I'll let you know where they are. That way...you'll have "first crack at them". If you'd rather, I can send you a message instead though. Just let me know.

• Informative
    Reactions: Opinionated

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Reactions: CagedSpam

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I have one of those and except for the bottom fill slight inconvenience, I love it. I couldn't agree with you more about the price!

I think the issue with buying from China right now though is getting the item through customs prior to the May 12th date..

Anything after that date will be blocked by customs, and with the coronavirus I hear shipping is slower than usual from China right now, which as it is takes a month usually, on a good day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread