Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Cool. I have cinnamon roll, bananas gone nuts, hawk sauce, thug juice and cinnamon red hots lol.
The only one i taste tested was cinnamon red hots and was sugary. But tasted good.
I think it may have been the tank it was in.

I will taste test those flavors tomorrow!

Unfortunately i bought alot from tfa.
Maybe ill consider posting them on the classifieds and try some other venders.

The grape juice did taste better with some menthol
Tried adding some smooth to juicy fruit and the wierdest thing it tasts like a breakfast danish now lol. One drop muted the flavor and totally changed the taste. Ot tastes like a bakery. Soo odd.

But i agree its getting expensive.
I prolly shouldnt have gone all in Like i did, over confident maybe

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
I see no mention (and no questions/comments? :confused:) about the percentage of flavor you are using; the nic level; pg/vg ratios, etc.

I have tried 7 and 10% i usually make a batch of each. But the last batch i just did 25 flavors at 10% thinking i can just add my base if it was too much as to not have so many bottles laying around. i have never gone over 10% i thought the percentage you mixed had to do with taste and not body....
Nic levels 12 and below 75/25 pg vg and 50/50, getting ready to up my nic to 18 on my next order as im still smoking cigareetes so im thinking not enough nicotine. I have read all the blogs, tho its been awhile.

Also, there are a lot of reports on ECF that sweet flavors cause stomach problems (the more sucralose, the more the problems).

The sickness feeling is equal to eating too much candy and i havnt tried adding sweetner yet, although i am pretty sensitve to sweets in the food i eat. All my supplies come from wizard labs and the flavor apprentice so far. Some flavorings from mount baker vapor. Sttep times have been my first taste at three days, 1 week and two weeks, i have 50 bottles of juice with any where from 10 to 20 ml laying around my house lol. Some are about two months old, others are two weeks maybe? I have dumped a lot out.

I have never vaped unflavored pg or vg. Problems with vendor juices? I dont think i have problems with them. Problems with flavors? Not sure what you mean by problems, i know i like the creamy berry flavors the best. My adv are mbv blue moo, hhv's crackberry, and mel's neptune. Mount baker vapor sejuices are usually too much flavor for me, too strong tasting, but they taste better than mine but similar..i mean i buy alot of juice that taste like crap but they all have depth and wieght that im looking for...

So basically it boils down to either you guys have no idea what im talking about when i say depth and wieght, or im just mixing wrong??
I so thought this would be an easy answer.

SO - what flavor percentages are you trying? (starting at whaÿt percentage? and working up to what percentage?)

Once everybody knows all that, there are quite a few folks that will jump in and give you some help. Without all that, there's really nothing folks can do to help, but suggest certain recipes and offer general information

So basically it boils down to either you guys have no idea what im talking about when i say depth and wieght, or im just mixing wrong??
I so thought this would be an easy answer

I guess that's likely a major part of why you don't seem to be getting the assistance you desire. I don't know what *you* exactly mean by "depth and weight"...but in regular cooking, it always takes more than one ingredient to get depth-that-is-deeper or weight-that-is-weightier than that one single ingredient (in this case, "bottle of flavor").

Vape Wizard & Smooth are for "smoothing rough edges" - the chemicals in those (and Magic Mask) accomplish this by temporarily altering the way your taste buds work. I've never heard of them adding 'depth' or 'weight'

Things like Tart & Sour simply make juices more tart or more sour (or both) - they don't add depth. Same with Sweetener/Sucralose - it just adds more 'sweet'.

To give juices more 'weight' & 'depth', most usually add creams, ice creams, custards, caramels, marshmallows, etc. EM also adds a bit of 'thickness' and body to juices...but it can diminish flavor overall.

The joy of DIYIng successfully is anything but "simplicity"! It's pretty unusual for anybody to throw one flavor into a bottle of vg/pg/nic and end up with an ADV . And for the most part, to come up with a 'vendor quality juice', one has to be very familiar with their flavorings and how they play with others.

If you haven't already, be SURE to check out the Recipe Forum. E-Liquid Recipes, and be sure to read the comments & the way others are tweaking the recipes to get what they want. We've found the beginnings of some of our best juices there!

Last edited:

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I havnt tried any custards, so i think ill check into that.
I have whipped cream and butter cream as well. Ill try some of those.
I do have em but havnt used it.

So thanks for the reccomendations.

Im having a feeling that im just not going to like a lot.

Maybe ill explore some tobaccos or something, havnt really tried any of those.
Im not much into junk food so it seems im not having a palette for these flavors.

Im looking at my vendor made juices and its pretty much black and blueberry and spearmints.
Think ill try making some of these more creamy, and try a few vendor tobaccos. See if its something ill like.

Wish me luck, i need it.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
I was thinking along the lines of: Bavarian Cream TFA; Sweet Cream TFA; Fresh Cream FA; Dulce de Leche TFA; French Vanilla TFA...the whipped creams can get 'sharp' fairly quickly. Likely the best 'Vanilla Custard' is CAP (but it's known to have diacetyl). EDIT: Oops, forgot Marshmallow TFA; Vanilla Swirl TFA; and Vienna Cream FA. Also, if you like pancakes...then any of the pancakes/waffles make a great mixer with flavors that'll go with berries (like blueberry/blackberry waffles...with or without extra butter, syrup and whipped cream or ice cream).

You can easily 'try them', by measuring what you have of what you've mixed, and simply adding 1-2% the liquids you've already mixed. I'd start with the EM by adding .5%

:::grin::: You don't need luck - you need knowledge, persistence, good notes, and patience!

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I havnt tried any custards, so i think ill check into that.
    I have whipped cream and butter cream as well. Ill try some of those.
    I do have em but havnt used it.

So thanks for the reccomendations.

Im having a feeling that im just not going to like a lot.

Maybe ill explore some tobaccos or something, havnt really tried any of those.
    Im not much into junk food so it seems im not having a palette for these flavors.

Im looking at my vendor made juices and its pretty much black and blueberry and spearmints.
    Think ill try making some of these more creamy, and try a few vendor tobaccos. See if its something ill like.

Wish me luck, i need it.

I'm wishing you lots of luck and persistence. We've all been though this. You'll get there:)

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    www.e-cigarette-forum.com
    @ Ladiekali

I didn't read all the way through this thread but it seems you have a handle on what the individual flavors taste like. What I don't think you have a handle on is how to enhance them and give them a creamy, or a thicker consistency or how to control sweetness or add a tartness. It's all in the enhancement of your base flavor. I would highly recommend reading through this really good thread on the topic. There's a lot of talk on adding saline and that's not what your after although it may help with throat irritation. Pay particular attention to what thickens, what sweetens, what makes a vape creamy and what gives a mix body. This information is mixed within the thread and likely what your after.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ques-flavor-add-ons-em-vw-bw-mts-acv-ect.html

Also here are the blogs mentioned earlier.

my blogs

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

hoosier's blogs.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread