Help?! My atty tests good, is clean,but won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tested it on my multimeter, it shows it's nearly as good as my new ones, I've cleaned it in alcohol, and let it dry, and worked beautifully for about 8 or 10 hrs, lots of vapor,

Now it barely makes visible vapor at all, very wimpy vapor, What's The Deal?

It's 2 months old, and I'd read many users have had their atty's alot longer than this and I can't have my atty's going out at 2 mos, if there's a ban, I could never afford to buy enough of them to ease my worries. 8-o

What else can I try?

any suggestions?

Thanks

KevinD872

ECF Veteran
You didn't mention what model it is. But anyway, only other idea I have is that the center conductor isn't making good contact with the battery. If it's like my 510, the center conductor floats in the center and can shift in and out. Try taking your fingernail or a small item (paperclip, small screwdriver) and gently pulling the center conductor out a bit.

Hinterscher

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Southern Indiana, USA
Overly simple solution here, but it has worked well for me. Try just taking a paper towel and wiping down the connectors on both ends(the threading) inside and out. Also, check to see that there is nothing caught between the center pin and outer part of inside. I've found chunks of who knows what down in there, you'll have to use a toothpick or something small, again, not knowing what model is a hindrance. You may have already tried this and it may not work, but I thought it might be worth a shot.:confused:

oldtechno

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2009
United States of America
Get yourself a really 'strong' magnifying glass and a really 'strong' light.....take a really 'close' look......and do those things mentioned above.

I have, by the way, I don't know about the rest (I'm new here) but soaking it in alcohol for just a few hours probably won't do the job of cleaning it. As a 'techno' I'd advise a few days. Put it in a cup, cover with alcohol, and everytime you think of it, go in there and slosh it around a few times. Finally, check the 'bridge' where it heats up at and wiggle it with your finger...loose?--that's bad.

bye

But if you stop analogs how can't you afford $10 for an atmy every 2 months?,

being banned is what worries me, I would have stock up alot more atty's than I had counted on in case e-cigs are banned, I was hoping they would atleast last 6 mos,

Last edited:
I took a paper towel around the inside where it screws onto the batt, and tried dripping some liquid inside it again,it's making a little more vapor, but still puny compared to the vapor clouds I got from it before. Maybe I gotta keep priming it with more liquid,

2 months is pretty dang good life for an atty... and at the price of attys compared to the cost of cigarettes at a pack a day, you could buy 3 attys a week and still be saving money. Manufacturers want you to keep coming back and buying parts in anything we buy. Cars, computers, electronics whatever. If they built attys to last forever eventually everyone would have one and they would go out of business...

2 months is pretty dang good life for an atty... and at the price of attys compared to the cost of cigarettes at a pack a day, you could buy 3 attys a week and still be saving money. Manufacturers want you to keep coming back and buying parts in anything we buy. Cars, computers, electronics whatever. If they built attys to last forever eventually everyone would have one and they would go out of business...

I agree, provided atty's will always be available to buy in the months to come

If this change was relatively sudden, clean the contacts and adjust the center contact as others said above. Although 2 months IS good going, might be a simple power connection proble; sounds like that.

ps: hang on to dead attys and is push comes to shove you can wind new coild for a few cents, if you have the patience to do so (it's fiddly work).

Last edited:

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
MickiO, do what KevinD872 said, see if you can't carefully pull down that little center disk a bit...sounds like you just don't have full contact going on, if you have some vapor, and it tests ok that could be what's wrong. If it is, it will keep giving you trouble probably on every different battery. But it's been a good provider, that's a long time for an atomizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread