Help Please - Genesis - Mini DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheebaSteeba

Jan 10, 2013
AZ
Hey all, I'm fairly new to genesis style(just got it wed) and am having a little trouble with the coil/wick. I've done a bit of research but now I'm running in to a problem I haven't seen floating around.

The top coil between the wick and the center post seems to be a constant hot spot for me. I have tried both a manual coil and the petar K method, and both have given me the same result. With the Petar K method I was able to test the coil before inserting the wick, and it was fine in there, but once I put the wick in, it seems I had a HUGE hot spot right at the top coil. I can adjust the coil a bit and it will be fine but then goes back to the top hot spot. I originally thought it was my wick so I made a new one and same thing.

Here's what I'm using:

eVic(I know, prob not the best mod to be using for a genesis)
400 Mesh wick rolled/oxidized like igetcha69/scott
32 kanthal, tried both 3/4 and a 4/5 wrap
Gemini(pretty much same as mini DID)

I can't post pictures yet(getting a new comp), but I've f'ed up what I had going anyway trying to fix it. I was wondering, could it be there is too much wire between my wrap and the center post? That is where it seems to really be getting the hottest. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread