Help Please: Got new E Cig & had to replace the liquid 3 times in 6 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanch333

Jun 2, 2018
I just bought a new E Cig, the Adept zlide kit - Adept Zlide Kit

My issue though is that within 6 hours I have replaced the liquid 3 times. It just goes down ridiculously quick, and I'm not really chainsmoking it.

Basically, how do I make the liquid last longer before replacing it, avoiding the obvious answer of "Don't vape it as much" haha. I'm not really familiar how airflow holes and wattage works, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong with that part of the E Cig. I've got my airflow fully open at the moment though, could that be why the liquid is going down so fast? Does more airflow cause more liquid to be used?

I'm using a 1.6ohm coil and my wattage is set to 14, which is the second lowest. Does less wattage use less liquid? Not sure if it's one of these or a combination of the two that is making the liquid go down so fast.

Thanks guys.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Might just be the tank design. Yeah, higher wattage will vaporize more liquid than a lower wattage, unless you’re using higher wattage to reduce the amount of time you’re holding down the button per puff? You might be taking very long drags as well? Limiting the amount of time your button is pressed down will save juice as well. But yeah it may just be that tank design. Try a different tank if you can? I wish you the best of luck!!! You can do it. Xoxoxo love

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

Vanch333

Jun 2, 2018
The tank I'm using is 'Innokin Zlide Vape Tank', which is a MTL tank.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep what you said in mind. I'm not using higher wattage to reduce the amount of time I'm holding the button down. I'm just using the suggested wattage for the coil I'm using, which was in the instructions. It said 14-17 watts is optimal for my coil, so I just stuck it on the lowest wattage. Not sure if the airflow has any effect on how fast the liquid goes down though.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Generally higher air flow is used for higher watt vaping, since the extra air helps to cool the vapor. Just adjust it for your tastes. Too much air might reduce the flavor. Too little and you're trying to suck on a chocolate malt through a thin straw ;)

Don't use that tank, but if it also has a juice flow control, adjusting that might help. But you don't want to choke it off, dry hits and a burned wick will result.

OK, 2 ml. Max, as I understand it, for the EU. I don't get tanks smaller then 4, 4-1/2 mls. For me, that would get me through a day, so 3 refills on a 2 ml tank would be about what I'd get using that Zlide. (I vape about 1.5 ohms and 8.5 watts.)

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
The voltage wattage recommendations for coils are just that; you do not have to follow them to the letter.

I have several Zlides as well as Zeniths. I am a MTL ( mouth to lung vaper i.e I vape as you would smoke a cigarette ). I use the 1.6 Ohm coils at 8 - 10 watts with only two air holes open and use 16 strength liquid - I fill my TPD ( the size of tank you seem to have ) tank twice a day and do take quite a lot of puffs.

Lower watts/voltage also increases battery life and using a clear juice I get on average 6 weeks from a coil.

It could be worth while trying this approach and hope this helps.

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    If you are quitting smoking, you'll want to vape your head off - if you are anything like I was :sneaky:

It's a pita to refill often, but at least the Zlide is an easy tank to fill.

If you have the funds, I'd grab a 4ml Zlide/Kroma-R kit (external battery mod) or 4ml Zenith/Kroma-A kit (internal battery. That will then give you two functioning setups, and less refilling to do.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    The adept mod (the lower part that has the battery inside that u screw the atomizer on it) has low medium and high in settings and adjusts the wattage automatically.....
    using the low mode or soft or however it's called can save u some juice but ofc produce less vapor...
    Using the airflow more open can also save juice but u lose flavour...

I don't know why u want to reduce your juice consumption but since u got the 2ml tank then that means u vape like 6ml per day...
    it's not that crazy but if u are tired of refilling too many times u can get the 4ml zlide tank.....
    If u don't like that u spend lot money for juice cause u can't afford it it's ok also...

With cigarettes usually u spend more money but maybe you didn't..
    U can try higher nicotine levels and vape less....
    Or u can try make your own juice...
    It's lot cheaper and need some time to get used to make the flavours u like but after a while u end up saving a looooooot money...and the juice is better in my opinion

If u had any problem and your atomizer was consuming lot of juice u would have also spitback and problems vaping it...since it works good then that's the normal juice consumption it should have with the usage u are doing...

Use lower setting powetlr and 3holes open on the zlide airflow u have the least juice consumption with a little loss in flavour tho :p

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Don't use that tank, but if it also has a juice flow control, adjusting that might help.
    The Zlide does NOT have JFC... the Zenith does.
    I'm using a 1.6ohm coil and my wattage is set to 14, which is the second lowest.
    1.6 ohm coil is rated for 10-14 watts (the other coil that comes with it 0.48 ohm is rated 13-16 watts)

• Informative
    Reactions: DavidOck

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    If u had any problem and your atomizer was consuming lot of juice u would have also spitback and problems vaping it...since it works good then that's the normal juice consumption it should have with the usage u are doing...

Use lower setting powetlr and 3holes open on the zlide airflow u have the least juice consumption with a little loss in flavour tho
    I agree.

Vanch333

Jun 2, 2018
    Thank you very much for your help guys.

So just to confirm, the more an airflow is open the less juice will be used? I've been trying to figure out the answer to this and have looked online but I found a lot of contradictory answers. Some say more juice used with more airflow open and some say more used with more airflow closed.

I actually prefer vaping with more airflow open so if that is also gonna help me save juice that'd be great. I just need a confirmation from you guys please.

Thanks again.

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    I just bought a new E Cig, the Adept Zlide kit - Adept Zlide Kit

My issue though is that within 6 hours I have replaced the liquid 3 times. It just goes down ridiculously quick, and I'm not really chainsmoking it.

Basically, how do I make the liquid last longer before replacing it, avoiding the obvious answer of "Don't vape it as much" haha. I'm not really familiar how airflow holes and wattage works, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong with that part of the E Cig. I've got my airflow fully open at the moment though, could that be why the liquid is going down so fast? Does more airflow cause more liquid to be used?

I'm using a 1.6ohm coil and my wattage is set to 14, which is the second lowest. Does less wattage use less liquid? Not sure if it's one of these or a combination of the two that is making the liquid go down so fast.

Thanks guys.
    Hi,
    IMO,
    Double your nicotine level.
    Get a second unit and alternate between 2X strength and your regular mix.

As long as you are not smoking, and you can afford the liquid...it is worth it.

Cheers
    I

Molchi

ECF Veteran
    Dec 28, 2017
    Germany
    The airflow shouldn't have any influence on the juice-consumption, it all depends on the used coil and the wattage u use for it. The question is how much nicotine does your liquid contain, cause if your tank was almost empty 3 times in 6 hours that seems to be a lot. i have a zlide too and with 12mg liquid i never need more than 2-3 tanks a day.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Juice consumption depends on the setup of the coil even if it's drop in coil premade or on a rebuildable....coils surface area that touches the cotton in my experience plays the biggest role.....and ofc the wattage u apply to it...more means more juice.
    The airflow I have seen to play a part mostly in tight draws where maybe u puff tooooo hard and the airflow can't keep up with your draw and then u tend to suck up a bit from the juice and draw it to the cotton....
    usually tho that means u either get bit spitback......and maybe with an increase on wattage u may stop the spitback and vape it ok...or just have little more juice consumption...
    That's what I have experienced at least that's why I say it...
    Can't happend in all atomizers tho
    Soo more aiflow can help descrease juice consumption but first thing should be to lower wattage in my opinion...

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I actually prefer vaping with more airflow open so if that is also gonna help me save juice that'd be great. I just need a confirmation from you guys please.

Then set it where you like it, and keep refilling until you get a bigger capacity tank.

Yes, upping the nic % may slow that down, since you might vape less.

The only really important thing is to get the vape you want / need to stay an EXsmoker.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread