Help please with mixing 54 ml of nic into.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Burbank Ca.
Hi I am in need of assistance on how many drops of 54 ml nic do I drip into a 30 ml full bottle of zero nic juice. I use 6 drops and I am trying to ween myself off so I can quit the nic altogether. I just dripped 3 normal drops into my 30 ml bottle. How much nicotine is that in my 30ml bottle of full ejuice? 0.3 %??? 3.0%??? I don't know. I am coughing way too much these days. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: smacuser

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Burbank Ca.
Hi I am in need of assistance on how many drops of 54 ml nic do I drip into a 30 ml full bottle of zero nic juice. I use 6 drops and I am trying to ween myself off so I can quit the nic altogether. I just dripped 3 normal drops into my 30 ml bottle. How much nicotine is that in my 30ml bottle of full ejuice? 0.3 %??? 3.0%??? I don't know. I am coughing way too much these days. Thanks

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
It's impossible to know without knowing the size of the drops, which depends on the consistency of the nicotine base, the structure of the bottle you're using and your dripping technique. What I can say is:
  • 3 drops is 1/2 of 6 drops, so you've about halved your nicotine, which is the most important part
  • 3 (or even 6) drops of nicotine in a 30 ml bottle is going to be very low nic, assuming you meant you're using 54 mg/ml nicotine base
  • nicotine doesn't usually cause coughing unless it's from the throat hit
My guess would be that the coughing isn't due to nicotine, but whatever's causing it, I hope you can figure it out soon. Good luck.

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Burbank Ca.
Yes its a 54mg/ml base nicotine from totally wicked. I am coughing from inhaling. I just want to stop the nic altogether but don't want to end up road raging because I am withdrawing from the nic cold turkey. I want to stay married lol not get divorced. I am very addicted to the nic. I am coughing as soon as I take any hit off any of my vapes. Anyways. But funny thing as soon as I lowered the nic I stopped coughing. I had a leaflet from them Totally wicked on how many drops to add to zero nic to get a certain percentage but I cant find the leaflet. Thanks for the reply though. :vapor:

Reactions: Superuser187

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Mixing isn't usually done by drops, for reasons mentioned by Hawise, inconsistency of drop sizes. And, I agree that 3-drops in 30ml is going to result in a very low nicotine vape, almost zero nic.
There are online mixing calculators that may help you.
e liquid mixing calculator at DuckDuckGo
Here's one: E-Liquid Calculator - Best DIY Vape eJuice Calculator
I'm puzzled by your ECF join date, but glad you've come here for assistance. I'm positive there will be others pitching in. Good luck.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It could be the PG that's making you cough. Try vaping no nic to see if it makes you cough. If it does, you may want to increase the VG and decrease the PG in your juice.

You also have another option: just vape 0mg juice and use nic lozenges for your nic fix when you need it.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    1 drop is 0.05 ml so 1drop =.05 ×54 = 2.7 mg. If you put 3 drops in 30mls that's 2.7mg x 3 ÷30 =0.27mg/ml. That's barely any nicotine at all. You probably could get by on 0mg/ml juice.

I ran it through the 'eJuice Me Up' calculator, cause it's late and I'm tired and couldn't follow your math Territoo :rolleyes: , and you nailed it :thumb:.

@Debbie Lee, I generally vape around 1.8 - 2 mg/ml nic at around 7 watts (so very low in nic and watts compared to the average vaper) and get only very slight throat hit from that. And I mix at 100% PG and use some menthol which both enhance TH. In percent I'm using 0.18 - 0.2% nic, so your 0.27 mg nic (3 drops) = 0.027%. In my opinion, unless you're vaping at a gazillion watts, you are essentially using zero nic now weather you mix 6 drops or 3 drops per 30 ml of juice.

I think you would be better off at this point to look at other ways to reduce TH and coughing. You can decrease the percentage of PG in your juices (increasing the VG content), reduce the watts you're vaping at, take shorter drags, or any combination of these.

Then again, you might be very sensitive to the nic you're using, specially if reducing from 6 drops to 3 drops is what made a noticeable difference to the amount you cough. Your nic could also be unusually strong in TH. Either way, if you reduce your nic and don't get 'snarly', all is well :cool:

Best of luck with it!

• Love
    Reactions: Debbie Lee

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    Debbie Lee, (from my hometown)

For a 30ml bottle you would need 1.67mls of nicotine to make your juice bottle 3mgs. That is one and one-half a small syringe full. If you do not have a syringe it is also the equivalent of 1/3 of a teaspoon.
    you do not say how strong you want it to be. If you want it to be 6mg instead of 3, simply double it. I do not think either 3mg or 5mg is the cause of your cough. Maybe coming off cigarettes? That will do it for sure

AttyPops

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2010
    Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
    Try vaping no nic to see if it makes you cough. If it does, you may want to increase the VG and decrease the PG in your juice.
    :thumb:

If so, and you don't already, add some distilled water, about 5% of the total. Sometimes us "chain vapers" dry our systems out, since both PG and VG love to soak up water (hydrophilic).

Also check your coil & wattage. Dirty coil and/or wrong wattage makes you cough due to poor atomization...either too little or too hot. Sweet spot.

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
    Aug 13, 2009
    Burbank Ca.
    Debbie Lee, (from my hometown)

For a 30ml bottle you would need 1.67mls of nicotine to make your juice bottle 3mgs. That is one and one-half a small syringe full. If you do not have a syringe it is also the equivalent of 1/3 of a teaspoon.
    you do not say how strong you want it to be. If you want it to be 6mg instead of 3, simply double it. I do not think either 3mg or 5mg is the cause of your cough. Maybe coming off cigarettes? That will do it for sure

I was dripping in 6 drops of 54 mg/ml nic strength and wanted to lower the nic amount I have been using, I want to quit nicotine altogether but I want to ween off of it slowly. I just dropped 3 normal small drops of the 54 mg/ml nic. into my 30 ml zero nic bottle. The coughing has stopped. Now I don't know why, it stopped but as soon as I vaped with it this morning and last night no coughing. I vape with zero nic black licorice, and zero nic English toffee and I cough my lungs off and like I explained last night I drip in 6 drops into my zero nic 30ml juice bottle's. I also vape with my favorite e juice coffee flavor which all these flavors were purchased from Vapor4life, which no longer can ship to Ca, anyways haven't coughed using the coffee e-juice with only 3 drops since last night. So I am hoping this does the trick. I have a whole 60 mil bottle of 54 mg/ml nicotine from totally wicked, and another half of 60 mil of the same nic strength that I have been using for at least two years. I cant always get zero nic 30ml bottles of e juice. I know after a certain period of time it looses its strength not sure how much but it gets weaker. So anyway I am happy that I am not coughing anymore form my vape juice. I have been vaping since May of 2009, and I just know if I try and quit cold turkey I am going to be in a lot of trouble and so is everyone else around me. I've tried to quit before and became homicidal and scared the crap out of myself, As soon as I lit a analog and took a hit all those thoughts vanished. Never suicidal just the opposite :mad::oops:

Last edited:

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
    Aug 13, 2009
    Burbank Ca.
    You already started a thread yesterday about this and you got answers.

Help please with mixing 54 ml of nic into.....
    I tried to delete it in the other section and cant. So I just posted it in here since I posted the first thread that you're referring to in the general discussion about vaping that's not referring to e-juice. I swear I looked for a delete tab, button, and couldn't find one. Please leave it up in the other section So I can read all the replies. Thanks :thumbs: Also since I lowered the nic level to 3 drops I can feel and notice my change in attitude. Really not liking the britches ahem that I am working with today. I am already wanting to slap some of them lol. Oops :glare:

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Thanks guys for all the replies I went to bed after I posted this and after I posted this question in the general ejuice discussion section. Sorry. Please do not move this into the other section. i am at work and want to read all the replies. YAY it's Friyay :);):thumbs::headbang::vapor::thumb: Okay please thanks UncleJunkle :2cool:

I'm not a moderator. I'm just another ECF member. Your thread was moved by a moderator to the proper section. It doesn't matter, you can still read it regardless of where it is moved to.

chanelvaps

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 3, 2013
    Burbank CAlifornia
    I was dripping in 6 drops of 54 mg/ml nic strength and wanted to lower the nic amount I have been using, I want to quit nicotine altogether but I want to ween off of it slowly. I just dropped 3 normal small drops of the 54 mg/ml nic. into my 30 ml zero nic bottle. The coughing has stopped. Now I don't know why, it stopped but as soon as I vaped with it this morning and last night no coughing. I vape with zero nic black licorice, and zero nic English toffee and I cough my lungs off and like I explained last night I drip in 6 drops into my zero nic 30ml juice bottle's. I also vape with my favorite e juice coffee flavor which all these flavors were purchased from Vapor4life, which no longer can ship to Ca, anyways haven't coughed using the coffee e-juice with only 3 drops since last night. So I am hoping this does the trick. I have a whole 60 mil bottle of 54 mg/ml nicotine from totally wicked, and another half of 60 mil of the same nic strength that I have been using for at least two years. I cant always get zero nic 30ml bottles of e juice. I know after a certain period of time it looses its strength not sure how much but it gets weaker. So anyway I am happy that I am not coughing anymore form my vape juice. I have been vaping since May of 2009, and I just know if I try and quit cold turkey I am going to be in a lot of trouble and so is everyone else around me. I've tried to quit before and became homicidal and scared the crap out of myself, As soon as I lit a analog and took a hit all those thoughts vanished. Never suicidal just the opposite :mad::oops:
    Nicotine does not really "weaken with age" as in lose its potency.
    Sounds like you got your answers

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread