HELP!! Sign this petition to raise awareness of ecig bans!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suddenly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2009
The Secret Garden
New York Attorney General Andrew M. Cuomo

The man who pushed HARD for the New York ecig ban. His bill was signed into law, eCigs can no longer be sold in the State of New York.

Andrew M. Cuomo - DEMOCRAT.

I just saw this on the forum. Is this true?? I searched and couldn't/t find anything on it.

How about it Thy the man????:ohmy:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

The man who pushed HARD for the New York ecig ban. His bill was signed into law, eCigs can no longer be sold in the State of New York.

I just saw this on the forum. Is this true?? I searched and couldn't/t find anything on it.

I'm happy to report that this is not true. The New York State Legislature was considering a ban on sales during the last legistlative session. Members of several vaping groups and CASAA's own yvilla met with legislators and the health department and managed to get the bill set aside for now. The battle isn't over yet, but it is by no means lost.

As far as I know, the AG in New York had nothing to do with the proposed bill.

An Attorney General has the duty of applying existing laws. There is no state in the union where an AG can sponsor a bill. That's the job of the legislature.

What we have seen in Oregon and California are AGs who use existing laws as a weapon against companies / situations / products / persons that they happen to dislike. They use "protecting the public" as their excuse, when not a single e-cigarette consumer has asked them for any help or protection. Nevertheless, all that was accomplished in CA is that NJOY has to jump through some labeling hoops.

Both NJOY and SE have pulled out of marketing in Oregon. These were business decisions based on having been sued by the AG and the settlements are between the state and the parties to the suit. There is no statewide law banning sales of this class of product, but it is likely that other companies will avoid Oregon for now for fear of becoming the target of the AG's insatiable quest for legalized extortion.

Jerry Brown is done as AG in California. I hear he wants to run for Governor again. If AG Kroger is up for reelection in Oregon this year, I trust our Oregon vapers will campaign long and hard for his opponent.

Last edited:

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY

The man who pushed HARD for the New York eCig ban. His bill was signed into law, eCigs can no longer be sold in the State of New York.

I'm happy to report that this is not true. ...............snip.......

Phew!! glad to read that :smokie:

<<<<BuMpEd>>>>

_____^^^^^^^^^^^^^__________

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread