The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Help, too sweet

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Courtney saunders, May 4, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Courtney saunders

Courtney saunders Full Member

May 2, 2021
    Okay, so my last thread, I got so much help on
    Now I need more. My husband has been smoking a vape for a while and likes juice flavors. He recently started making his own juice.but it's come to a point where the juice flavors are just to sweet. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on either diy juice or a brand/ flavor.
    Recipes are always appreciated when it's a diy

2. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    What kind of flavors does he like? Fruity, desserts, drinks, menthol/mints, tobacco?

Welcome to ecf :thumbs:.

3. Courtney saunders

Courtney saunders Full Member

May 2, 2021
    So it started with a custard. And then it went to fruity flavors.
    He has really liked juice head - pineapple grapefruit; and the strawberry kiwi.
    Then in the high nic he smokes the peach pear and the guave peach I think.

So fruit if possible but it has gotten to sweet for him.

4. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    This site might help.

IMG_1860.PNG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MLEJ

MLEJ Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2020
    Not to be strident but only for your elucidation: He's "vaping," not smoking. He "vapes" the peach pear & guava peach. No smoke, no smoking. It's a PR optics thing. :)

Along with the elr site that smacuser showed you, you might also find useful info & recipes at diyordievaping.com & 99juices.com.

For ready-made e-liquid, thedollarejuiceclub.com is still shipping, w/ limitations, and offers sampler packs w/ small bottles of several flavors. Might be worth looking into.
    Fruit Flavor Vapes >> Shop Best Fruit E-Juice Flavors

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Sweeteners are always optional. I never use them.

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 9.12.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 9.16.45 PM.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. vaper1960

vaper1960 Moved On ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Since you say he is trying to do DIY juices, can you tell us what supplies/equipment he has? VG, PG and nicotine? Bottles, syringes, a scale, flavor concentrates, sweetener? More details always help. Where are you located (no need to be specific... just a general idea)?What nic strength is his usual juice?

8. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    UDIO, Clown World
    I don't know much about it, but there are additives that are for bitterness, but if used at very low levels will help to remove sweetness before they actually make the juice bitter.

One that I have seen (but have never used yet) is Flavour Art (aka FA) Bitter Wizard.

9. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    what brands and flavors is he using?
    Is he adding sweetener to his juice? If so, well just don't :D most flavorings are sweet enough on their own and *IF* after you're (he's) done mixing and vapes it and feels that it's not sweet, you can always add a few drops of sweetener to the mix afterwards until it's where you (he) likes it.
    But most fruits and custards are sweet enough really on their own or combined together...I rarely, next to never use sweetener. Also because sweetener will gunk up your coils faster.
    It might also be a using too much of the flavoring, some flavorings really only need a little bit to impart it's flavor.

as far as recipes go, would need to know more about what he likes to vape or what he likes to eat/drink
    one of the folks here in the forums likes to add tfa acai or inw rhubarb to her vapes to help cut some of the sweetness out of them.

maybe instead of using custards try using a cheesecake flavor tfa cheesecake to me is less sweet or pur new york cheesecake, they work well for a cream or their intended purpose of cheesecake (but for me cheesecakes need more graham cracker and/or biscuit (cookie) for a base and mascarpone cheese to it...but I do like a more tart cheesy cheesecake)

I flip back and forth between sweet and savoury vapes

but yeah just a point of clarification ;) it's vaping/vape(s) there's no smoke/smoking a vape unless you over taxed the battery and it vents or you really really really burnt the heck out of the wick :pervy::lol:

• Like Like x 1
  10. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Just want to say everything @Shadav said I agree (good tips)
    On a side note... does he like mint? Maybe not by itself but it goes well with fruits (I don't mean menthol even though many people like that too... just good ol' peppermint)
    Some custards are too much for me but a good option is Bavarian cream (and as mentioned cheesecake with graham) Works great with fruits. About peach... can be too much on it's own but I have found peach/mango/apricot a perfect combo (I add something creamy to it) For tropical, I have a pre-made juice called POG (passionfruit/orange/guava) that can be made DIY. Personally, I like darker berries (blackberry, boysenberry, blueberry) Oh... and then there is citrus (lemon, orange, grapefruit) Here's a very helpful chart (I don't normally post large images... hop I don't offend anyone)
    upload_2021-5-4_20-14-8.png

• Like Like x 4
  11. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. vaper1960

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    That chart... you can right click it, save it and print it (might impress hubby)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shadav

Shadav Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    here's 2 images I have saved not entirely sure where I got them (not from whatever sites are listed on the images but credit goes to whatever those sites may be)
    flavor pairing.jpg flavour-pairing-chart.png
    helpful with ideas on pairing flavors

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.