Help, too sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Courtney saunders

May 2, 2021
Okay, so my last thread, I got so much help on
Now I need more. My husband has been smoking a vape for a while and likes juice flavors. He recently started making his own juice.but it's come to a point where the juice flavors are just to sweet. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on either diy juice or a brand/ flavor.
Recipes are always appreciated when it's a diy

Courtney saunders

May 2, 2021
What kind of flavors does he like? Fruity, desserts, drinks, tobacco?

Welcome to ecf :thumbs:.
So it started with a custard. And then it went to fruity flavors.
He has really liked juice head - pineapple grapefruit; and the strawberry kiwi.
Then in the high nic he smokes the peach pear and the guave peach I think.

So fruit if possible but it has gotten to sweet for him.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    So it started with a custard. And then it went to fruity flavors.
    He has really liked juice head - pineapple grapefruit; and the strawberry kiwi.
    Then in the high nic he smokes the peach pear and the guave peach I think.

So fruit if possible but it has gotten to sweet for him.
    This site might help.

IMG_1860.PNG

Last edited:

MLEJ

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 14, 2020
    My husband has been smoking a vape for a while
    he smokes the peach pear and the guave peach
    Not to be strident but only for your elucidation: He's "vaping," not smoking. He "vapes" the peach pear & guava peach. No smoke, no smoking. It's a PR optics thing. :)

Along with the elr site that smacuser showed you, you might also find useful info & recipes at diyordievaping.com & 99juices.com.

For ready-made e-liquid, thedollarejuiceclub.com is still shipping, w/ limitations, and offers sampler packs w/ small bottles of several flavors. Might be worth looking into.
    Fruit Flavor Vapes >> Shop Best Fruit E-Juice Flavors

Shadav

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 4, 2013
    Westfield, IN, USA
    thehelpline.info
    what brands and flavors is he using?
    Is he adding sweetener to his juice? If so, well just don't :D most flavorings are sweet enough on their own and *IF* after you're (he's) done mixing and vapes it and feels that it's not sweet, you can always add a few drops of sweetener to the mix afterwards until it's where you (he) likes it.
    But most fruits and custards are sweet enough really on their own or combined together...I rarely, next to never use sweetener. Also because sweetener will gunk up your coils faster.
    It might also be a using too much of the flavoring, some flavorings really only need a little bit to impart it's flavor.

as far as recipes go, would need to know more about what he likes to vape or what he likes to eat/drink
    one of the folks here in the forums likes to add tfa acai or inw rhubarb to her vapes to help cut some of the sweetness out of them.

maybe instead of using custards try using a cheesecake flavor tfa cheesecake to me is less sweet or pur new york cheesecake, they work well for a cream or their intended purpose of cheesecake (but for me cheesecakes need more graham cracker and/or biscuit (cookie) for a base and mascarpone cheese to it...but I do like a more tart cheesy cheesecake)

I flip back and forth between sweet and savoury vapes

but yeah just a point of clarification ;) it's vaping/vape(s) there's no smoke/smoking a vape unless you over taxed the battery and it vents or you really really really burnt the heck out of the wick :pervy::lol:

Reactions: smacuser

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Just want to say everything @Shadav said I agree (good tips)
    On a side note... does he like mint? Maybe not by itself but it goes well with fruits (I don't mean menthol even though many people like that too... just good ol' peppermint)
    Some custards are too much for me but a good option is Bavarian cream (and as mentioned cheesecake with graham) Works great with fruits. About peach... can be too much on it's own but I have found peach/mango/apricot a perfect combo (I add something creamy to it) For tropical, I have a pre-made juice called POG (passionfruit/orange/guava) that can be made DIY. Personally, I like darker berries (blackberry, boysenberry, blueberry) Oh... and then there is citrus (lemon, orange, grapefruit) Here's a very helpful chart (I don't normally post large images... hop I don't offend anyone)
    upload_2021-5-4_20-14-8.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread