is really, really loaded with juice. And still, the burnt taste. HELP? Anyone
else having problems with these cartos?

Last edited:

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Sally, if you didn't put enuf juice in the 1st time, you might have burnt the cart. Generally I hold it in my hand parallel to the floor, fill while rotating it in my fingers, give it a good thermometer shake, fill again, shake, etc. about 10 times, then it's usually ready to vape. Maybe you can rinse it in vodka or hot water and dry it out and try again.

Sallyem

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2010
    California
    IF it was burnt, then cleaning it out probably wouldn't work....hmmmm. Do you think I
    would be able to suck a bunch of juice out with a syringe and save it? Or do you think
    the juice is likely ruined? I had no trouble with my first two carts...strange. I can see
    thru the hole in the carto...so that wasn't the problem. I put about 30 drops in the
    first time, then another 30 and then just filled the sucker up. Wasted...? Thank you
    for your reply!

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 26, 2010
    Northern California
    That's a good question! I honestly am not sure. I've never used megacartos, only the little puny ones, so when I scorch one I've generally just tossed it (and usually when I scorch one it's low anyway, so not losing much.)

On a separate but similar topic, when I'm topping off a tank, and I notice that the remaining amount of juice is darker due to caramelization, it psychologically puts me off (I've never verified it actually causes any problem/huge taste difference) I tend to stop and rinse it out and change cartos instead.

Sallyem

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2010
    California
    The only way I've been ale to extract juice from a carto is the reverse taryn spin.
    Sucking it out with a syringe isn't effective.

Thanks, Wade! I tried with the syringe and all I got was about 20 drops, and it ended up being light yellow,
    not light brown like the juice. LOL. Wade...do people sometime get a bad mega-carto?

Sallyem

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2010
    California
    Ms. Sallyem it was either not enough juice, or a bad carto with wicking issues. The wicking issues do happen with a very small percentage of the mega cartos. :)

Thank you my friend! I was hoping you would jump in. I had no problems with my first two mega-cartos. (By the way, I LOVE the ego and cartos. Problem is,
    now I am never satisfied with the stick batteries and little cartos. LOL.) Have a great day!

SnowDragon

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 28, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    Hey Sally, you got a bad one....happens.

You could try and Taryn Spin it....however since there are no end caps that come with it like a standard carto I am not really sure how you are supposed to catch any juice. About all you can do is let it sit at angle and syringe out what you can when this happens with a new carto. I say new carto because old juice in a burnt carto isn't really worth trying to save, it usually will carry the burnt taste with it.

I'm sure you syringe fill so a good thing to do is fill it with 4.8 mls. Except plunger it so-to-speak by pulling back on the plunger and pulling a 1 ml or so and the pushing the plunger back down a few times. This will remove any air pockets and ensure the polyfill is completely saturated.

I generally wait 30 to sometimes 40 entire seconds ( however long it takes to put the cap on the bottle and the syringe away) before tossing the Mega on a pv and vaping it.

Onedesign1

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran

You could try and Taryn Spin it....however since there are no end caps that come with it like a standard carto I am not really sure how you are supposed to catch any juice. About all you can do is let it sit at angle and syringe out what you can when this happens with a new carto. I say new carto because old juice in a burnt carto isn't really worth trying to save, it usually will carry the burnt taste with it.

I'm sure you syringe fill so a good thing to do is fill it with 4.8 mls. Except plunger it so-to-speak by pulling back on the plunger and pulling a 1 ml or so and the pushing the plunger back down a few times. This will remove any air pockets and ensure the polyfill is completely saturated.

I generally wait 30 to sometimes 40 entire seconds ( however long it takes to put the cap on the bottle and the syringe away) before tossing the Mega on a pv and vaping it.

Curiously...and I'm only 3 weeks into vaping and I think almost 2 weeks with the mega-cartos....The most I've been to get into a fresh one is 3.2ml using a 1ml measuring syringe (no needle). As for bad carto... my converted friend had 2 out of five on his 1st batch. He called CS and they took care of him I think. I myself have not had a problem.

DemonFire

Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2012
    LOGAN

Rubber band a sandwich baggie to the end and that will catch it. Just be careful and don't spin till it slides off. Spin drain spin drain. Should work I would think!

Sallyem

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2010
    California
    Thank you so much to all of you who replied to my message about my mega-carto problem. I decided to just throw it away, and try to get 4.8 mls
    minimum in the cart.....let it sit for more than an hour....drip on top if it looks dry....and cross my fingers and try again. THANKS again! And Snow,
    I will try the plunger trick.

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Thanks, Wade! I tried with the syringe and all I got was about 20 drops, and it ended up being light yellow,
    not light brown like the juice. LOL. Wade...do people sometime get a bad mega-carto?

Haven't gotten a bad mega cart, but have gotten bad replacement carts for my tanks, so yea, could be that it was bad to start. and The Taryn spin (into a condom) could probably get some of the juice out.

SnowDragon

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 28, 2010
    Boise, Idaho
    As a guy who has a little insight into spinning cartos the challenge with Megas is two-fold, the first being the lack of a condom big enough and long enough to place over the end and keeping the saturated polyfill from flying out. As DF mentioned you could always try and tie off a baggy or something. If I told you how many Mega cartos I have spun only to have the polyfill fly out you wouldn't believe me. There is no doubt it's frustrating to get a bum carto, especially a Mega since they hold so much juice as opposed to a standard or tank carto.

On my "I Wonder" list of things to try, I have always wondered how effective it would be to cap off the batt connector and use a 30 ml syringe (or pill shooter) attached with some surgical tubing to draw out the juice from a bum Mega. However like you K9Luvr I experience more bum tank cartos than Megas so I just toss the residual along with the cartos and dismiss it as an acceptable loss.

Sally- I think the plunger trick will work just fine for you, just slowly work it back and forth, you'll see the air bubbles come up through the polyfill. I don't regularly mention syringes, but given the fact that you were the one that inspired me (syringe-phobic) to use them, in this case I'll make an exception.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread