Help with first mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

krew

Feb 7, 2013
Hi
Been looking into mechanical mods and most likely gonna order one soon. I've been planning to pick up a k100 and chimbus.
I also have some questions regarding other things I gotta pick up. Like what size kanthel and wick? Was thinking 28gauge and 3mm silica from what I was reading. Also can I use my vamo to read ohms of the chimbus? Lastly I'll probably order the screws from kidneypuncher but what else mods do i have to do to it? Thanks, from a noob

Vapeaddikt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Southern Cloud Cartel Arlington, TX
Difference is you've actually done some reading and research which is 90+ percent of it all. Personally I think your off to a good start.

This being said: The silica should be fine for a starter wick and will work well. Resource rebuild guides on youtube and just practice. 28 gauge will yield sub ohm results if thats what your after with a dual coil build unless you go micro-coil. If that's your end goal your doing fine w/ it.

As for other mods you will most likely want to drill the hole out and add a second one. If you have a drill press and the proper bits it makes it MUCH easier. If not its a pain in the *ss. Some use a dremel. It works but the rpm's are so high its actually not ideal for stainless since stainless actually hardens in the area your trying to drill as it heats. I personally prefer a RDA with adjustable airflow control for this reason.

Make sure you get a few solid batteries and a good charger and you should be good to go.

Valhalla17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Houston, TX, USA
Looks like a good mod to start with. Depending on where you want your resistance to be, 28-30 gauge Kanthal, I like 2.5mm silica. Don't discount the value of the batteries, its a performance and safety issue. Can't go wrong with AW IMR batteries and a good smart charger. Ohm's Law Calculator use the ohm's law calculator to find out your battery amp discharge needs and buy your batteries accordingly. Understand the battery's C rating to calculate what batteries are appropriate for your needs. Common Sense RC . Have fun and be safe.

fistofsouth

Verified Member
Jul 10, 2013
United States
Yes you can use your Vamo to check resistance and they are actually fairly accurate at least in my experience. I would invest in a multi-meter at some point though.

Research, research, research. That is the key to not having buyers remorse. There are many good Youtube reviewers that cover all aspects of vaping. JC West, Todd's Reviews and Scott Bonner (igetcha69) are where I started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread