Help with leaking Aromamizer please

Status
Not open for further replies.

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
I just got my Supreme Aromamizer yesterday and I have followed the wicking instructions that I have seen on numerous youtube videos and it leaks like a sieve. If I lay it down on it's side juice leaks from the air holes. I have pulled the wicks and re wicked with more cotton and it still leaks. Not as much, but it does leak. If I use any more cotton, I won't be able to pull it through my coil. I even tried putting some of the cotton down the juice holes, but it would not wick well and I was getting dry hits.

I need some suggestions please.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Rayon worked well when i used the Aromamizer, you can get more inside the coil/s and the tails are fluffier which means less leaking. When using either rayon or cotton i presume you know that you have to lay the dry wick tails over the juice holes in the deck and not just stick the tail ends on the holes, leave the tails a little longer and fluff them up before seating them,dont compress them, and don't wet them until you finished. The other option you have is to go with a bigger coil id.

Last edited:

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
Don't lay it down on its side?
That is a very simple answer that does not address the whole problem and I assume your were making a joke. When I am at home or in the car I can sit my gear upright, but I often have it in my pocket and when I sit down sometimes it ends up on it's side. That is when leaking is the problem. However, today I have no leaks. When I wicked I made sure that the cotton completely covered the juice holes and I did not stuff any cotton in the holes. I went all day in my office, in the car, in my pocket to see clients, sitting down, standing up and every which way, with 0 leaks.

vexx

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
No parts allowed
make sure you are covering the juice hole completely with cotton i.e. when you hold the deck upside down the holes must be completely covered, also when wicking make sure the cotton ends are kissing and covering completely the base of the deck use a toothpick to make sure the base of the deck is completely covered with cotton

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
make sure you are covering the juice hole completely with cotton i.e. when you hold the deck upside down the holes must be completely covered, also when wicking make sure the cotton ends are kissing and covering completely the base of the deck use a toothpick to make sure the base of the deck is, completely covered with cotton
Completely covering the deck with cotton seems to be the trick. I have carried it with me on my Lavabox M since Friday. It has been in my pocket, sitting, standing, playing with my dog on the floor, in my car and laying down in the hand hold of my car door, literally in every possible position except upside down with nary a leak. I guess I just did not get the cotton right in the deck the first couple of times I tried wicking it.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
This is what worked for me on my Aromamizer Supreme...

When your done rebuilding the deck and filling the tank you want to make sure the Juice Flow is only turned up to the 2nd or 3rd Dash above the JF ring. Take about 40 puffs then after 40 puffs slowly increase the Juice Flow until finally I'd say after about your 100th puff you can turn the Juice flow all the way up to the 10th dash so the JF is wide open. Stopped all leaking for me and also use Rayon that is important. Never put the supreme upside down or on its side. The regular aromamizers you can put upside down actually for as long as you want and they wont leak ;)

I rarely use the Supreme just because it sucks through juice like no tomorrow. The V1 Aromamizer to me is still the best overall in terms of being practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread