Status
Not open for further replies.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Been out of ECF and caping for around 7 yrs now. Does anyone vape nic salt juice at sub ohm. I’ve got a 24mg and a 30mg. Trying to get a dripper setup around 1 ohm but I got a whole lot of eye and hand problems going on and haven’t hit my goal yet. I can get coils for my pod that are 0.6 ohms.
Any advice. Things changed a lot in the past 7 yrs. And I don’t have any of my old equipment anymore.

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Generally speaking, no it’s not wise to subohm salt nic because it can make you sick from too much nic. 1 to 6 mg is a pretty safe level for sub. However, a couple drags of the 24mg might be okay. If you chain vape then not a good idea. And yeah, lots has changed. Get some vg or pg to dilute it, or use a pod or other mouth to lung atty. Hope that helps. Happy vaping.

Edit: Forgot to say , welcome back and check out something like a dead rabbit rda from Hellvape. It’s great if you struggle with hand/eye or other health issues because you pretty much just drop in the coils from the top thru large holes! It was a game changer for me and all my other rdas sit collecting dust.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Been out of ECF and caping for around 7 yrs now. Does anyone vape nic salt juice at sub ohm. I’ve got a 24mg and a 30mg. Trying to get a dripper setup around 1 ohm but I got a whole lot of eye and hand problems going on and haven’t hit my goal yet. I can get coils for my pod that are 0.6 ohms.
Any advice. Things changed a lot in the past 7 yrs. And I don’t have any of my old equipment anymore.

What pod are you using? Generally speaking pods are the equivalent of older devices, just a little nicer and better to use.

My husband uses 25mg salts in a pod and I vape using a regular squonk mod also using salts at 3 mg... (I mix). We are both low consumption MTL vapers.

When I was in the ER last year I used his little pod to sneak vape in the ER, and just took a random sparing puff when there since it's more nicotine than I'm used to...

You can use whatever you like, but in a pod your not usually getting much more nicotine than you would in an older device - depending on what pod your using of course.

Just try it if your using a pod, if you start getting nic sick then back off vaping and see about finding some zero nic juice to mix your preexisting ejuice with.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Thanks for the replies. I’m using a Vaporesso Luxe PM40 for my nic salts Thinking about putting a piece of tape over the air slots to make the draw even tighter. (Slots are closed off and it’s still a bit to airy for MTL).
I already got a Dead Rabbit for my VT Inbox squonker. It is the easiest rda I’ve built.
I had tons of vape gear like Reos, Provari’s, SB’s Super T stuff and others plus carto tanks extra Never thought I’d vape again and trashed all of it. Still kicking myself for that. If I only had my Reis back, I’d be a happy camper.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks for the replies. I’m using a Vaporesso Luxe PM40 for my nic salts Thinking about putting a piece of tape over the air slots to make the draw even tighter. (Slots are closed off and it’s still a bit to airy for MTL).
I already got a Dead Rabbit for my VT Inbox squonker. It is the easiest rda I’ve built.
I had tons of vape gear like Reos, Provari’s, SB’s Super T stuff and others plus carto tanks extra Never thought I’d vape again and trashed all of it. Still kicking myself for that. If I only had my Reis back, I’d be a happy camper.

If I have that one I may not have tried it yet (I have a lot of gear I've never yet tried.. lol) Or I've tried it and can't remember off hand what it was like...

But closing off the airflow some will help give a tighter draw, and likely be helpful keeping consumption down a bit. And consumption is key to whether you can get away with higher nic or not..

Yeah I've been suggesting people not get rid of their gear, I've quit vaping a couple times and always went back to it during stress... you just never know what the future holds..

You may keep an eye out in the classifieds, a periodic Reo comes up, same with provari..

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
It's the concentration that matters, not the type of nicotine (salt or freebase). Nic salts are usually higher concentration, which is why they're usually used with higher resistance, but they can be made in lower concentration which would be fine with a lower resistance device.

The risk of using 24 or 30 mg/ml juice with a 0.6 ohm coil is that you're likely to get more nicotine than you need (or want), although it does depend somewhat on the device.

The rule of thumb for nicotine dosage is that the right dose is anything that keeps you off cigarettes without making you sick. Feel free to try it out, but keep an eye out for symptoms of nic sickness (some combination of: nausea, headache, dizziness, shakiness, racing heart, tiredness.)

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
already got a Dead Rabbit for my VT Inbox squonker. It is the easiest rda I’ve built.
I had tons of vape gear like Reos, Provari’s, SB’s Super T stuff and others plus carto tanks
Oh way cool glad you have a dead rabbit. I have all my old gear. Boxes of cartos, tanks, flashlight mods and one provari mini. Sad thing is my only squonk is Boge Revolution v2 that uses cartos! Haha I really want a nice squonk. But tell myself I don’t need it. Reos! Those were the days. Glad your back and I enjoyed reading the replies to your post.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
NIC salts tend to get to there highest levels fast and then drop quite quickly so you get a nice buzz which goes quickly. That's why they tend to be a higher concentration. IMO it doesn't matter how you vape it's the same. RDA's are the worst for me....if you vape too much of either type of NIC it can make you NIC sick.

As others have said if you vape low mg normally I'd go for double the NIC salts for the same vape. Just look out for sickness. In my experience the main symptom is slight nausea which will make you back off. There's zero chance of poisoning yourself to an extent that gets you in the ER :)

Hope that helps. And take care!!

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
I mean 24mg is still 24mg so be careful if that's a lot higher than what you usually vape
I vape nic salts (because I don't like a throat hit) but I only vape at 1.5mg, though sometimes I do make higher nic to use in one of my pods but that higher nic vape is meant more for a couple of puffs just to up my nic levels quick when I'm not able to actually vape...not as a normal vape or chain vape.

Reactions: borno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread