Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been reading this forum since I ordered my Prodigy, and some other sections before that, but I just now registered. Anyway, I am a complete idiot. Check this out:
I got my Prodigy today (yea!), and I wanted to check out the resistored switch while the batteries were charging. I tried to take the switch out, but instead of sliding the whole switch out together like I should have done, I slid the button out first, and it came apart. Now I desperatly need help getting it back together! I still have all the parts, and nothing is damaged, I just don't know what order they go in. If I need to, I can attach a photo if these descriptions don't do the trick.
There is the big black rubber switch unit - that's a given. The parts that came out consist of the actual button and the bracket that holds the button, and 3 items sandwitched between the button and the switch. These are a tiny metal ring (probably to make contact), a blueish rubber thing that lets the button go up and down (like the things that actually depress in a keyboard key), and a black plastic cap. There is a corresponding hole in the switch where these things go, but I don't know what order they go in.
] Sorry about this. I promice I will only remove switches the right way from now on! Thanks.

Hey VapingMike ....

From Bottom To Top (With New Rubber Housings)
* Thin Slice of Delrin
* Switch/Resistor Housing (big piece of rubber holding all the goodies)
* Plastic Round Button
* Button Housing that fits that button.

Assemble, and slide back in.

That help ???

um, not really. Sorry. The thinn slice of Delrin I'm guessing is the really thin metal ring. but that can't go on the bottom or it would not be held in place.
I put it back together once but it was shorted. I had the housing (the big rubber piece) on bottom, then the Delrin, then the blue button, then the button housing (I'm guessing that this is the black plastic cap for the assembly. I think i need to try putting the blue button on bottom, then the slice of Delrin, then the cap. I'm so confused and I just want to play with my new toy! I'm sorry about taking this apart - I feel like an idiot.

Yea! I got it. I bent the center post of the little metal ring some, so that it didn't make contact when it didn't have any pressure on it, then put it in first, then the blue cone with the big side at the bottom, snapped the cap back on and tested - now I get continuity when I press the button, but not when it isn't pressed, so the switch appears to be working fine now. Now I just need to let my batteries finish charging, and I'm about to get the biggest vape I ever have. :D

Well, it works, I guess. I got voltage when the button was pressed, so the switch part is good. I got a tiny sizzle and the atomizer that came with it went out after about half a second, though. I only have one more 901 atomizer, and I am hesitant to install it. I know it will blow out atomizers, but something is wrong if it only worked for 1/2 a second.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
Vaping Mike ---- Juice the atomizer like you have never juiced an atomizer --

1 or 2 atomizers for a high voltage device = not a great scenario .... you should always keep 5-10 handy at all times (when you take in to consideration wait times on shipping of new atomizers, etc....)

Check voltage -- If you are still getting voltage -- Chances are you popped that atomizer due to lack of liquid.

Vaping Mike ---- Juice the atomizer like you have never juiced an atomizer --

1 or 2 atomizers for a high voltage device = not a great scenario .... you should always keep 5-10 handy at all times (when you take in to consideration wait times on shipping of new atomizers, etc....)

Check voltage -- If you are still getting voltage -- Chances are you popped that atomizer due to lack of liquid.

Yeah - I have a 5 pack of them coming, it will probably arrive tomorrow. I checked that atty with a 901 battery and it didn't work, so it is toast. I had dripped it - 3 drops, but it blew quick!

Ok - it works great with the 2nd atty. I love how warm the vapor is with 5v! It's more like an analog than anything else! I just think that first atomizer was bad - I had dripped it 3 drops before I started, and it didn't even last long enough to overheat. But this one I am using now I had previously broken in, but it's not old by any stretch. I will use it a lot more when I get the 5 pack and my 510 adapter. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread