Here we go....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan40

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2016
Apart from the problem of getting juice in the future my problem now is that total strangers are starting to come up to me and just say ¨that .... will kill you¨ or something similar. It is really starting to annoy me.

It doesn´t matter that I haven´t had even one cig in over 3 years (after 40 years of smoking) and save over $3000 a year. Nothing matters because they have watched the nightly news and know best.

I am not a conspiracy type person but it makes my think of the expression "follow the money."

I make my own unflavored juice but I think this is just the beginning. I think I will put away another years worth of nic.

I hope you all are having a great day.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Apart from the problem of getting juice in the future my problem now is that total strangers are starting to come up to me and just say ¨that .... will kill you¨ or something similar. It is really starting to annoy me.

It doesn´t matter that I haven´t had even one cig in over 3 years (after 40 years of smoking) and save over $3000 a year. Nothing matters because they have watched the nightly news and know best.

I am not a conspiracy type person but it makes my think of the expression "follow the money."

I make my own unflavored juice but I think this is just the beginning. I think I will put away another years worth of nic.

I hope you all are having a great day.
Stock up on everything

Attachments

• IMG_1149.jpg
    IMG_1149.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 20

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I have been hearing a lot of vapors getting the "you know vaping can kill you" thing and I have been waiting...I want people saying this to me, I purposely have been holding my vape around just waiting, but no one says anything. I want to set them straight badly.....maybe it's my looks or something, but no one even notices when I vape.....maybe I need a cloud checker because my mtl vape isnt getting any attention

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I have been hearing a lot of vapors getting the "you know vaping can kill you" thing and I have been waiting...I want people saying this to me, I purposely have been holding my vape around just waiting, but no one says anything. I want to set them straight badly.....maybe it's my looks or something, but no one even notices when I vape.....maybe I need a cloud checker because my mtl vape isnt getting any attention

That's funny cause I do every kinda vape and I get the same reaction. It's mostly been interest. I judicially avoid the timid. However, I have been approached by some this past year quite directly. Keep trying bro, they melt in horror when you utter facts.

Good luck. :)

Dan40

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2016
That's funny cause I do every kinda vape and I get the same reaction. It's mostly been interest. I judicially avoid the timid. However, I have been approached by some this past year quite directly. Keep trying bro, they melt in horror when you utter facts.

Good luck. :)
That's the way it has been until the past few weeks in the US

Reactions: MacTechVpr

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
For those who think the traditional tobacco industry is combating vaping, do some research into committee in Switzerland in 2013. Oh...while your at it, follow the dots to the PHE that so many want to evoke as an authority on "95% Safer." While it seems to many that the traditional tobacco industry is attempting to throttle vaping, if research is to be believed, they've gone a ways towards hedging their bet. Who know what lurkers, influencers, and greater around here may be involved with the traditional vaping industry?

(As soon as I post this, I'm going to unfollow this thread.)

• Informative
Reactions: Izan

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The media is the most powerful branch of government. They can literally control what people believe and are in support of.

Hide and watch, they will try to damage the economy over the course of the next 6 months or so by "predicting" all sorts of gloom and doom to try and influence the next election.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
My boyfriend likes vaping but he doesn’t own any vapes, he uses mine when I take them out. However... every time he finds any anti vaping stuff he shows me and kinda pushes it saying “but this is a renowned Peruvian doctor who lives in the US” and I’m like HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF BIG TOBACCO. It pisses me off so much when he does this, lol.

Oh, and the times coworkers and friends have tagged me or messaged me on Facebook with fake vaping news is just outstanding. God.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My boyfriend likes vaping but he doesn’t own any vapes, he uses mine when I take them out. However... every time he finds any anti vaping stuff he shows me and kinda pushes it saying “but this is a renowned Peruvian doctor who lives in the US” and I’m like HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF BIG TOBACCO. It pisses me off so much when he does this, lol.

Oh, and the times coworkers and friends have tagged me or messaged me on Facebook with fake vaping news is just outstanding. God.
It all started with this. Here is a short video history lesson. It's all about the money.

Having said that, I've had more than the usual strangers who have walked up to me recently and said, "That vape could kill you." I'll ask do you have a minute and give a brief spiel on it's not as it appears. I'm never confrontational. Most leave appreciating my spiel.[/QUOTE]

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
If 25% of voters write the White House telling their story and state the facts being polite and end it with "you will lose my vote at the primary and general election" that may do some good. Also hit him up on Twitter.

25% of who .. ?? All voters .. ?? All Vapers .. ??

JUUL makes up 70% of the market ..

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Maybe you intimidate them. Bullies usually choose a target that is weaker than them to make themselves feel more powerful. Vape on, I hope you get the chance to set someone straight on the facts.

Reactions: vapdivrr

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
It all started with this. Here is a short video history lesson. It's all about the money.

Having said that, I've had more than the usual strangers who have walked up to me recently and said, "That vape could kill you." I'll ask do you have a minute and give a brief spiel on it's not as it appears. I'm never confrontational. Most leave appreciating my spiel.
[/QUOTE]

100% it’s all about money and “hidden” interests

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
My father brought this up to me today because he and my mother were concerned about what they were hearing. He approached it in a very mature open manner. I explained that the people getting sick were buying cartridges off the street of unknown origin or contents and that I didn't vape what they were vaping. I explained I only buy my liquid from reputable places and under no circumstances would I buy something off the street. I also gave a quick rundown on why vaping was getting such a bad name (follow the money).
He felt much better after we spoke and now neither of my parents mind that I vape. It's better than smoking. I'm lucky.

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
25% of who .. ?? All voters .. ?? All Vapers .. ??

JUUL makes up 70% of the market ..

In reality, very few Americans go to the effort to write to a legislator. So, each one that does has a greater impact. If at least a couple hundred actually went to the effort and even better, get on his Twitter page and said something to him about it, it would likely have an impact.

But, it takes people getting off of their arses. That isn't typical, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread