Stopping In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan40

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2016
Hi All,

I haven´t been here for a few months. I lost my password but just found it. I wanted to say hello and I also needed a checkup on my thinking so to speak :)

I haven´t had even a puff of a cigarette in 2 and half years. This is after 40 years of smoking 2 plus packs a day. I am still vaping almost as much as in the beginning, though I have decreased the nicotine a little. I am much healthier and save about $3000/yr.

I guess I am here to remind me why I quite in the first place. I hear every now and then "those things are as bad as smoking etc" Have any new non bias studies come out in the last year? vaping my not be healthy but I think it is 1000 times less dangerous then what I was doing before.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan (a grateful nonsmoker)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Hi @Dan40! Wondered where you'd been. Nice to see you back here and to hear that you're doing so well. :)

There have been several recent reports, findings, etc. with some positive info concerning vaping. They've been posted here in General Vaping in the last few weeks-month. Browse around and see what you can find, and I'll also pull up my History to see if I can grab links to post to some of them, too. :)

ETA: Not sure how long ago you were here. There were a couple from last Sept. & Oct.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Welcome back and congratulations on a successful 2 years :)

Despite a number of different concerns being raised since the start of the vaping industry there has yet to be one that means that vaping isn't at least 95% safer than smoking.

You're doing the right thing...:)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
There is one commercial that really ercks me.

It says vaping is safer than(air horn sound) then repeated a few times.
BTW Hi there too.
Yeah that one is particularly agredious. I think it relies on channel switching. The first few seconds of the commercial imply something false which is partially taken back in the rest of the commercial but no one watches it to the end so they effectively get to say false things and get away with it.

• Agree
Reactions: the wind

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hi All,

I haven´t been here for a few months. I lost my password but just found it. I wanted to say hello and I also needed a checkup on my thinking so to speak :)

I haven´t had even a puff of a cigarette in 2 and half years. This is after 40 years of smoking 2 plus packs a day. I am still vaping almost as much as in the beginning, though I have decreased the nicotine a little. I am much healthier and save about $3000/yr.

I guess I am here to remind me why I quite in the first place. I hear every now and then "those things are as bad as smoking etc" Have any new non bias studies come out in the last year? Vaping my not be healthy but I think it is 1000 times less dangerous then what I was doing before.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan (a grateful nonsmoker)
The impression I am getting is that some big studies are starting to come out that are very positive about vaping, so for several months there has been a measure of desperation in the anti vaping sector and they have been putting out more and more misleading data in an attempt to get their licks in before the lid comes off. To this end they were helped immensely by the whole “save the children!” Reaction when it came out that some youth were experimenting with vaping instead of experimenting with cigarettes. This allowed public funding for a whole new set of misinformation marketing.

Dan40

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2016
Thanks everyone. I know I am doing the right thing. I just need some reminding about how bad it was smoking (and it was!!! 40years!! 2 plus packs a day!!). The people who piss me off the most are the ones who were smokers, quit and don't vape :-x

I don't sub om and I mix my own flavorless juice so I stealth vape everywhere. Life is so much healthier, easier and cheaper now. It is good to be back.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The people who piss me off the most are the ones who were smokers, quit and don't vape :-x

I'm hoping that you meant something like...the people who piss you off the most are the ones who were smokers, quit and don't vape...yet they complain about, or preach about, the "supposed dangers" of vaping to those who do vape.

To me...it's no problem if someone else was a smoker, quits, and doesn't vape. Whatever works for them...is fine with me. :thumbs:

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Vaping just as bad as smoking, or as some claim, worse.. I'll risk it. I know many people use vaping to quit smoking, then to taper off and quit vaping.. I never intended to quit smoking!

Me neither. I suppose you might say I wanted to want to quit smoking, but I just couldn't convince myself to want to quit badly enough to try it. That's why vaping is so phenomenal for me. It not only helped with the nicotine addiction, but offered enough to make me want to switch.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Vaping just as bad as smoking, or as some claim, worse.. I'll risk it. I know many people use vaping to quit smoking, then to taper off and quit vaping.. I never intended to quit smoking!
I question strongly the claim that vaping is even close to as bad as smoking. The science claiming vaping is as bad as smoking always seems to be so badly flawed as to the point of out and out falsehood, while the science claiming the reverse has a much much better pedigree.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
I question strongly the claim that vaping is even close to as bad as smoking. The science claiming vaping is as bad as smoking always seems to be so badly flawed as to the point of out and out falsehood, while the science claiming the reverse has a much much better pedigree.
Yea, I'm pretty convinced vaping is not even in the same zip code as far as health hazards compared to smoking. Sarcasm just doesn't come across in a post well!!

Reactions: Dan40

Dan40

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2016
I'm hoping that you meant something like...the people who piss you off the most are the ones who were smokers, quit and don't vape...yet they complain about, or preach about, the "supposed dangers" of vaping to those who do vape.

To me...it's no problem if someone else was a smoker, quits, and doesn't vape. Whatever works for them...is fine with me. :thumbs:

Sorry I didn't make that clear. I am happy for anyone who can quit. Whatever works great. When people who quit and don't vape tell me things like: "vaping is not really quitting" or "vaping is just as bad a smoking" etc. that is something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread