Hex Ohm 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
From what I understand it works like a mech mod with some safety features.
Yes, it is essentually a mechanical mod with a protection circuit chipset which offers low voltage cutoff for battery protection and a 10 second cutoff timer.

Based upon the orientation of the two batteries, it uses a "series circuit". What that means to you is the battery amperage and capacity of the two batteries together will be the same as a single battery mod would have and the total voltage will double that of a single battery. Manufacturer recommendation is to build no lower than 0.2 ohm, but that will depend upon if you are using a couple of high drain, high amp batteries by a reputable battery manufacturer. Know your Ohm's Law calculations to be safe.

What I don't like about this mod is, to "turn off" the mod you have to remove the battery door to disable the very prominent horn-style fire button. If you carry your mod in a pocket or carrying bag, always disable the fire button so that the fire button doesn't get inadvertantly continuously compressed and abuse your batteries. Although there is some "space" between the magnetic battery door and mod body, some vent holes would have been nice.

4c11d818-d88d-4c8e-a53c-6489448a7e60-jpeg.759655

Assumes you are using a 25 amp cdr battery.

Last edited:

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The hex ohm is similar to a mech in that you have to build your coils accordingly. But what makes it different than a mech is that it has a DC to DC converter with a potentiometer that allows you to adjust the voltage with max of 6v. This allows you can fine tune the vape experience so that you have some wiggle room on the builds you put in. With that and the safety features, it makes for a nice mod to get into building for mechs.

Attached is a chart that that shows the voltages it runs at the different potentiometer marks and the safest minimum ohm they can be ran at on each setting.

hexohm-v3-table_2048x.png

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Yes, it is essentually a mechanical mod with a protection circuit chipset which offers low voltage cutoff for battery protection and a 10 second cutoff timer.

Based upon the orientation of the two batteries, it uses a "series circuit". What that means to you is the battery amperage and capacity of the two batteries together will be the same as a single battery mod would have and the total voltage will double that of a single battery. Manufacturer recommendation is to build no lower than 0.2 ohm, but that will depend upon if you are using a couple of high drain, high amp batteries by a reputable battery manufacturer. Know your Ohm's Law calculations to be safe.

What I don't like about this mod is, to "turn off" the mod you have to remove the battery door to disable the very prominent horn-style fire button. If you carry your mod in a pocket or carrying bag, always disable the fire button so that the fire button doesn't get inadvertantly continuously compressed and abuse your batteries. Although there is some "space" between the magnetic battery door and mod body, some vent holes would have been nice.

4c11d818-d88d-4c8e-a53c-6489448a7e60-jpeg.759655

Is ot really the most powerful mod?

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
No, not by quite a bit.
There are many 18650 power devices 200 - 350w.

One thing not mentioned, the hex ohm v3 has a board " rated for up to 30 amps ".
That is not the same thing as a power device that has a 30a limit, as in the power device regulates battery draw / input to a maximum of 30a.
There is no actual over current protection.
The potentiometer or mosfet will make noise when pushed too far, buzz, hum, whine, sometimes will refuse to fire, but not always.

Probably need to spend some time with your other threads, specifically about using erroneously labeled low quality rewrap cells in a high power quasi regulated series power device.

Power is meaningless, using it safely should be a main consideration.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Is it the most powerful that uses only 18650 batteries. That uses a crazy battery.
No. There are lots of other mods that will put out more power. I have a 300w 18650 mod on my shelf. Any series mech mod will put out more power. I am not saying the hex ohm is bad though. It Still puts out more power than most people are comfortable using. I vape at 45-50w all day every day, for example.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Not really. There are some crazy powerful mods out there. I know I seen one that ran 14v and over 3000w.

Edit- also, any series mech will be more powerful at 8.4v over the hex ohm's 6v.

My vape shop said once a mod reaches over150 watts it pulses and ur not getting full power. They said the Hex Ohm goes to 180 watts without pulsing making it the most powerful. A. Is that true? And B. What is pulsing?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
My vape shop said once a mod reaches over150 watts it pulses and ur not getting full power. They said the Hex Ohm goes to 180 watts without pulsing making it the most powerful. A. Is that true? And B. What is pulsing?
This isn't true as long as you use the proper batteries, or enough batteries to supply the power. Pulsing means it turns on and off really fast over and over.

My WISMEC gen3 runs 3 batteries. If you use true 30a batteries in it, you can reach the full 300w that it can put out with no pulsing.

• Agree

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
This isn't true as long as you use the proper batteries, or enough batteries to supply the power. Pulsing means it turns on and off really fast over and over.

My WISMEC gen3 runs 3 batteries. If you use true 30a batteries in it, you can reach the full 300w that it can put out with no pulsing.

Where can u get 30 amp batteries because I have Imren 40 amp and everyone on here says they r junk and dangerous. Ive used them 3 months with no issues but I dont want any problems. So where can I get 30 amp?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Where can u get 30 amp batteries because I have Imren 40 amp and everyone on here says they r junk and dangerous. Ive used them 3 months with no issues but I dont want any problems. So where can I get 30 amp?
There are no such thing as 40a 18650s. Your batteries are not junk, the company that wrapped them just lied on the wrap to make it sound better than it is.

You should do some research on batteries. Here is a link to mooch's blog. You will find everything you need in there including where to buy good batteries and what amperage they truly are.

Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Why the obsession with getting the most powerful stuff? Do you really vape up to or over 150w?

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
People have been as helpful as you'll allow - if you really want help, stop and read their replies. Better yet, do some more reading on this very forum. You can't change what you don't acknowledge. Also the forum has rules about what can and can't be discussed and filters; Forum Rules

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
There are no such thing as 40a 18650s. Your batteries are not junk, the company that wrapped them just lied on the wrap to make it sound better than it is.

You should do some research on batteries. Here is a link to mooch's blog. You will find everything you need in there including where to buy good batteries and what amperage they truly are.

Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Why the obsession with getting the most powerful stuff? Do you really vape up to or over 150w?

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Im perfectly happy with the power the hex ohm delivers. I get huge vapor production. I use nichrome fused claptons that ohm out at .35. I love the Hex Ohm and its lifetime warrenty. I wont buy another mod till Hex Ohm comes out with a Hex Ohm 4 and Ill be the first to buy it. But everyone tells me my batteries r dangerous. Ive searched all over the web and these batteries get good reviews. Ive never had them get hot. My mod doesnt get hot and I run it full power. My rda doesnt even heat up. Am I fine with the batteries Im using or do I need different ones?

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
Im perfectly happy with the power the hex ohm delivers. I get huge vapor production. I use nichrome fused claptons that ohm out at .35. I love the Hex Ohm and its lifetime warrenty. I wont buy another mod till Hex Ohm comes out with a Hex Ohm 4 and Ill be the first to buy it. But everyone tells me my batteries r dangerous. Ive searched all over the web and these batteries get good reviews. Ive never had them get hot. My mod doesnt get hot and I run it full power. My rda doesnt even heat up. Am I fine with the batteries Im using or do I need different ones?
My question to u is do I even need new batteries or r these safe? Ive had no issues and the web says nothing negative about these batteries. Can I continue to use these batteries?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
As i hve told you before, the batteries you are using are 20a, and they are good up to 120w. You are trying to run them at 180w. So you are not doing it right. The battery is fine if used properly, you are trying to make them do more than they safely can do. It may not be a problem right away, but eventually the battery will give out, and because they are being abused, it can go in a dangerous manor.

Sure, the hex ohm is a good mod. But the user needs to be experienced enough to use it safely. That includes using the proper power source to power the mod safely. And cheap Chinese re-wraps are not the most reliable of power sources you can get.

I supplied a link to mooch's blog, please take the time to read what he has taken the time to share with us. It can answer any question you have about batteries. He has dedicated his time to keeping vapers informed and therefor safer, and it really seems you could benefit greatly from his words of wisdom.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
As i hve told you before, the batteries you are using are 20a, and they are good up to 120w. You are trying to run them at 180w. So you are not doing it right. The battery is fine if used properly, you are trying to make them do more than they safely can do. It may not be a problem right away, but eventually the battery will give out, and because they are being abused, it can go in a dangerous manor.

Sure, the hex ohm is a good mod. But the user needs to be experienced enough to use it safely. That includes using the proper power source to power the mod safely. And cheap Chinese re-wraps are not the most reliable of power sources you can get.

I supplied a link to mooch's blog, please take the time to read what he has taken the time to share with us. It can answer any question you have about batteries. He has dedicated his time to keeping vapers informed and therefor safer, and it really seems you could benefit greatly from his words of wisdom.
The vape shop sold me brown 20amp batteries for the Hex Ohm when I bought it. They told me they were fine. It was the only batteries they carried. They said they were good for all mods. Was I jipped?

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
The vape shop sold me brown 20amp batteries for the Hex Ohm when I bought it. They told me they were fine. It was the only batteries they carried. They said they were good for all mods. Was I jipped?
Yes you were.

They just told you what they had to so you would buy from them. Just like them telling you the hex ohm is the most powerful mod. They knew just what to say to get your business.

I don't buy from my local shops because they do the same thing. I know more than they do, which makes it clear to me that they are just trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread