Status
Not open for further replies.

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Loved the flying cats, it actually made me want to go skydiving again.

well.....um....they are cats. Dogs will actually jump out of an airplane with you......and like it. LOL But I will admit that is some fine CGI work...LOL

THIS has got to be my all-time fave!! sillylove.gif (I never get tired of watching it...)

Film maker and writer Terry Jones [from Monty Python] discovers a colony of penguins,
which are unlike any other penguins in the world.
Making of: Penguins - The Making Of - BBC - YouTube

Last edited:

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I've never seen the movie "a boy and his dog", but i loved the short story with the same name.

(the movie isn't available on netflix)

You can always download it online... if you have ever used a Torrent... :D

A Boy and His Dog (download torrent) - TPB

If not, you will have to download and install a small program first...
Like this one:

http://www.utorrent.com/?client=utorrent3310

Or this (but I haven't tried it yet):

http://www.bitlordapp.com/d/btl1/?sr=irm&chnl=details

You just have to be careful and sift through the scams that want to charge you!!! :unsure:

Last edited:

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
i tried one of those "just have to install a small program" once. I was able to get rid of all the viruses and popups that came along with it without having to completely wipe and reinstall my OS..but just barely. so, um, i don't try that anymore (even when people give me the links to clean programs)

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
good call CES......don't go anywhere near that stuff! Unless you actually own a "trash" computer that you can recover on a weekly basis..LOL

Glad you liked it Zak.....as far as trying to understand it...don't bother. It was 1975....RFLMAO!!!!!! some strange stuff that's for sure....

and yes, the penguins ARE cool. but um..you know they are not real right? LOL

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
i tried one of those "just have to install a small program" once. I was able to get rid of all the viruses and popups that came along with it without having to completely wipe and reinstall my OS..but just barely. so, um, i don't try that anymore (even when people give me the links to clean programs)

Sorry to hear that... :(

I watched it last night for the first time... it's going to need a couple more viewings to truly understand it, but it is pretty funny. You guys were right about the last line!

Would we lie to you?? :D LOL!!

But I'm glad you enjoyed it... especially since you took the risk of actually buying it just based on mine and LK's recommendation!! :thumb:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
You can always download it online... if you have ever used a Torrent... :D

A Boy and His Dog (download torrent) - TPB

If not, you will have to download and install a small program first...
Like this one:

http://www.utorrent.com/?client=utorrent3310

Or this (but I haven't tried it yet):

BitLord

You just have to be careful and sift through the scams that want to charge you!!! :unsure:

Thx. Sickest movie I've ever seen. No one's ever sure if they should thank me or hate me for exposing them to it. Don Johnson at 16 yrs old could act! Who knew?

Another quirky film is Arizona Dream. Excellent soundtrack.
"the fish knows ..."

PS. Comments reminded me of why I use a mac.

Last edited:

spacekitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
IDK if you saw my earlier post about this...

I saw it in the theater when it 1st came out... :D

Another movie with an even younger (?) Don Johnson is called "Zachariah", billed as 'the 1st Electric Western', and has an incredible cast of musicians in it... from Country Joe & the Fish as a band of outlaws, to the James Gang in the opening scene, and even Doug Kershaw!!

It's funny to see them playing electric guitars in an old west saloon... :facepalm:

P.S. Nobody liked my flying cats??? :unsure:

zachariah.jpg~original

Thx. Sickest movie I've ever seen. No one's ever sure if they should thank me or hate me for exposing them to it. Don Johnson at 16 yrs old could act! Who knew?

Another quirky film is Arizona Dream. Excellent soundtrack.
"the fish knows ..."

PS. Comments reminded me of why I use a mac.

Don Johnson might have been young when he made that movie, but he wasn't THAT young... :facepalm: LMAO!!
Actually, the character in the book was 15 but in the movie he was supposed to be 18... and according to DJ's stats, he was born in 1949, which would have made him the ripe old age of 25 at the time!!

And 'Zachariah' came out in 1971... 3 yrs. before 'A Boy...', which would have made him only 13 by your math... :shock:

(btw, Zachariah was written by 2 members of The Firesign Theater... Phil Austin and
Peter Bergman)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread