Hey everyone! Soon-to-be-ex-smoker in Australia here, hopefully. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I've recently become a member, but am only just getting around to posting my initial new member greeting now - apologies for the delay, & hi! My name is Fern, or LustStarrr, & I'm 36 years old, from the Gold Coast, QLD Australia. My partner & I have been slowly making the switch from coffin nails to vaping, however it's been a pretty slow process.

After starting off with some pretty basic eGo e-cigs, I was lucky enough to receive an eGo AIO Pro C kit from a vaper on another forum, & we've been making progress since then. We've now acquired an eleaf iKonn Total, & as we're both DL vapers it's awesome, however we're now both sharing that one like we were the AIO before it, meaning we're both still smoking at least part time at present to keep the cravings at bay.

We're gradually trying to get enough money together to pay for another iKonn & probably another juice order, before trying to quit the fags in entirety. That's proving easier said than done though, as cigarettes here in Australia are prohibitatively expensive, & we're on a limited income (I'm a disability pensioner due to my mental health condition, & my partner's my full-time carer). Hopefully next week will be a good one & we can budget for kit #2. I'm really looking forward to being an ex-smoker after 20 years worth of it!

Anyway, that's about it - hope to chat to you all soon!

Cheers!

Fern, a.k.a. LustStarrr

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello and welcome to ECF!

You'll get there! Just takes time...

as a beside if you can stop smoking on what you have then you would have the money for the second..that's what many people have to do, just determine to quit and use the cigarette money for the vape gear.

Also, shipping takes a while but FastTech is inexpensive for gear.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.fasttech.com/p/amp/7286700

Where your at that's the equivalent of what? Three packs of smokes?

If you can forgo the smokes..

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia

Hi Fern and welcome to ECF! It is a great idea to get in to vaping...for both your health and your pocket! I know it is hard, but if you can get that second kit sooner rather than later you will be MILES ahead financially. As @Opinionated suggested, for the price of ONE packet of cigarettes you could get yourself a great set up.

(That's right...there was a price rise at the beginning of March that put the cigarettes I STILL stupidly buy up to $35.30 a packet :facepalm:).

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I know right! How stupid am I for still buying them?! I love vaping. Just lack the will power to NOT buy cigarettes. That is going to change very soon......

Those prices really are sad. .. here in the United States, in my state, name brand (premium) cigarettes are just under 6.00 a pack with taxes included. .

And I think THAT is high! What you all are dealing with is highway robbery..

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Totally agree with you. And without getting all political about it, the money the government is making from the sale of cigarettes is a big part of why vaping is somewhat frowned upon here.
(I tried to say that as nicely as possible so as not to get in to trouble....:unsure:)

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Totally agree with you. And without getting all political about it, the money the government is making from the sale of cigarettes is a big part of why vaping is somewhat frowned upon.
(I tried to say that as nicely as possible so as not to get in to trouble....:unsure:)

You won't get into trouble saying that here.. we all know it's all about money. .

The government gets nothing off us vaping, and a verifiable fortune off the luxury tax from us smoking..

And then you have people like me, stopping vaping because it's not as addictive, and Bob's your uncle. .

The government's around the world never wanted us to actually quit smoking, they just wanted to pretend they cared..

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF and I hope you and your partner are able to successfully switch from tobacco to vaping. Buying from China may be an option, although it will be slower.

But, I hope you meet with success, sounds like your pocketbook and your health will thank you.

Welcome to ECF and I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hi everyone,
I've recently become a member, but am only just getting around to posting my initial new member greeting now - apologies for the delay, & hi! My name is Fern, or LustStarrr, & I'm 36 years old, from the Gold Coast, QLD Australia. My partner & I have been slowly making the switch from coffin nails to vaping, however it's been a pretty slow process.
After starting off with some pretty basic eGo e-cigs, I was lucky enough to receive an eGo AIO Pro C kit from a vaper on another forum, & we've been making progress since then. We've now acquired an eLeaf iKonn Total, & as we're both DL vapers it's awesome, however we're now both sharing that one like we were the AIO before it, meaning we're both still smoking at least part time at present to keep the cravings at bay.
We're gradually trying to get enough money together to pay for another iKonn & probably another juice order, before trying to quit the fags in entirety. That's proving easier said than done though, as cigarettes here in Australia are prohibitatively expensive, & we're on a limited income (I'm a disability pensioner due to my mental health condition, & my partner's my full-time carer). Hopefully next week will be a good one & we can budget for kit #2. I'm really looking forward to being an ex-smoker after 20 years worth of it!/QUOTE]

Welcome and glad you joined.
The higher ohm coils will save you the most money regarding e-liquid.
Might like to read:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...resistance-vs-thick-wire-and-lower-resistance.

Last edited:

You'll get there! Just takes time...

as a beside if you can stop smoking on what you have then you would have the money for the second..that's what many people have to do, just determine to quit and use the cigarette money for the vape gear.

That's the thing though, I can't, otherwise I would've done it ages ago.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
That's the thing though, I can't, otherwise I would've done it ages ago.

You actually can... as our other Australian friend pointed out, you only have to forgo one pack of smokes. That's doable, ESPECIALLY since your disabled.

Let me explain why. .. see, I'm physically disabled so I know all about being disabled.

When I switched over to vaping I didn't have much money, and I didn't have much hope that vaping would actually work. God knows I'd tried a million things to no avail.. chantix, patches, welbutrin, and oh so much more I'd tried it all in a million different ways.

So I determined not to sink a whole bunch of money into the effort, and got the ego with a ce4 kit that came with two batteries and two ce4's along with a case off eBay for 10 dollars..

Because I don't work I had advantages that much of the population doesn't have the luxury of when quitting smoking, I got to stay in bed for the first three days of the withdrawals.

I just avoided people, and life in general, for those first three days which were the hardest... and chain vaped my rear end off.

I was a two pack a day smoker and I quit, just like that. I quit with my husband smoking around me. I just quit. I found all the willpower I had, and I went through the withdrawals with a cheap vape pen and 18mg ejuice that wasn't nearly strong enough because on that device even chain vaping it's difficult to consume even 2mg of ejuice a day.

After the first three days I rather avoided people in general for about two weeks... and after that I was home free.

And I did it with someone blowing smoke in my face..

But a big part of what was helpful for me, was simply avoiding any other stress, this is a luxury most people don't have... most people have to go to work even on their worst days, even when they want to cry and pull out their hair.

So if we can all get through this without spending very much, then you can too... your not alone here, we aren't a bunch of special people who simply had it easier than you.. we had challenges just like you or anyone else..

Your cheap stuff these days is miles better than what most of us had to quit with.. try a ce4 on for size someday and you'll understand just how lucky you really are.

If we can do this then so can you. .

It's one pack of cigarettes that you can't smoke. .. if your not willing to go without one pack while trying to quit, then maybe you don't really want to.. and no one can help you with that.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
129090.jpg

JUST DO IT !,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread