Hey there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyteSybe

Nov 15, 2010
Atlanta
Hi ya'll, I have plans to order an e-cig tomorrow, but have a lot of questions. I hope to quit a pack a day habit and become healthier and richer by quitting smoking, vapos seem to be the only way I can still have what I enjoy about smoking without the tubes of tabacco I slave over, thanks so much you guys for the information I've learned from here, but I would like to have a few suggestions of what I need please. I want one that will last all day, is well made, the lighter weight the better (I think), and closest to the the size of an actual marlboro, and looks cool of course, also as I said I plan to cut down a pack a day of lights as much as possible with this new attempt but I do like my nicotine, so please inform me on levels available or flavors!! price is not really important, value is. Sorry to come off asking questions but I'm desperate to quit smokig cigs and there is an info overload on this site for a newb like me! thanks so much

Welcome to ECF!

I've only been on here a couple of weeks so far and I've noticed the same overload of information/opinions. I've been off regular "analog" cigarettes for about a month now and I was the same way where I still "enjoyed" smoking... just not the negative side-effects. If you're wanting to kick the habit with something that feels like an actual smoke you are probably going to have to make due with batteries that don't last very long, but a personal charging case will help you make it through the day with that style (plus it kind of resembles a pack of smokes to carry in your pocket). Most people start off with a Joye 510 or a KR-808D-1 model.

I started with an automatic KR-808 battery to most closely resemble the regular cigarette experience (Breathe in, it activates. No pressing buttons). Then I bought a 510 later on with a manual battery after I knew I was going to continue using an e-cig rather than regular cigarettes.

I've only tried a couple of tobacco flavors and I found that they weren't quite the same and had a little bit of a "sweeter" taste to them. Someone else will probably have better knowledge on other flavors. For flavors what I was really drawn to was the coffee flavored cartridges. I forced myself use my e-cig whenever I wanted a regular cigarette for the first couple of days, then I started to realize I actually craved the coffee flavored cartridges more than anything else when I wanted a smoke.

I used to smoke 3/4 of a pack a day with extra lights so I started with 6 mg but I noticed I use my e-cig alot, so a higher mg dosage will probably work alot better for you to start off with. Again someone else might have better knowledge on this but it's what worked for me.

Best of luck!

P.S. Once you figure out which flavor you like order a bottle of it or a good stock of pre-filled carts right away because I had a relapse where my order had come in later than I expected so I ran out and used regular smokes for a couple of days. Now I'm fully stocked though and haven't looked back since :)

Last edited:

dlbald

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Las Vegas
Welcome to ECF WyteSybe.

If you want something to last all day you will have to get get an e-cig with a battery that is larger than a cigarette, or get a smaller cigarette size with a personal charging case (PCC). The PCC will allow you to charge one small e-cig while you are using another. The Joye 510 is similar in size to a cigarette, but expect to charge frequently. A larger battery size, like with the Riva or eGo will give you longer lasting battery life. Some KR808s have slightly larger batteries and last longer, but the length is also longer than a traditional cig. I have Rivas (510) and VaporKings (808) and like them both. If I really need to "stealth vape", I use the 1 Joye 510 size I have.

You like your nicotine... start with at least 24 MG/ML. Too much? try 18 MG. To little, find a vendor who sells 36 MG/ML. Then work your way down.

Flavors...What can I say. Loads of different flavors available. If you want burning cig taste, it's available. So is pie, cake, candy, tobacco, pizza, etc. You will find, with a little time, what you like. I still prefer tobacco flavors but continue to find myself trying many different flavors. The tobacco I like does not taste or smell of burning. It's more the smell/taste of of a cig before you light it. If you get a flavor you don't like mix it with something you do like, and enjoy!

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
Welcome to ECF! I would have to agree with the other responses. The more the PV resembles a cigarette, the more you will sacrifice battery life. A lot of people do need something that feels and looks like a real cigarette to get them started. But, most eventually give up on that idea and end up getting the eGo or Riva. There's just a certain security in knowing you can grab you battery and juices, and just head out the door without all of the charging equipment.

So, if you want to save yourself some money in the long run, just get something with more power to begin with. If you decide that you need that cigarette similarity, a good KR808-D1 or basic 510 will get you started. That's how a lot of us started and now our original kits are stored away as back-ups, or have been given out to let other people try out the wonderful world of vaping.

The best advice that can be given is to just get yourself a decent kit, then you can start to figure out what it is you like or don't like about it. It's all a learning curve and each of us have to figure out what fits our individual needs.

As far as liquids go, just start getting different flavors and nicotine levels to see what you need. Don't buy any large quantities (not more than 5-10 ml) until you know what flavors you like.

I just helped get a co-worker started up last week. This is what she ended up getting from My Freedom Smokes with a 40% discount on all hardware using the coupon code "smoke": eGo kit ($47.97), 2 spare 510 atomizers ($9.50), and three 10 ml bottles of juice ($5.95 ea.). Add on $5.95 for shipping, and she was all set up for about $82.00. From there, it's all about finding the juice that you like. Hope this helps you out and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread