Hi,15 years smoker needs your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

stalkster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
FL
I think it's best put into, are you serious about quit'ing smoking or just like the idea?
If idea, something like a ego twist and a protank/ nautilus.
If torn look more into a mid tier combo ie kanger combo.
If serious look into something that will last longer(when i said IPV I didn't mean a ipv4, the ivp 3 li/3 li vr is much better) but also size could be a factor, ipv d2 for smaller size. All tho I have a bunch of mods(regulated and mech) including a ipv4 got when it was a preorder (was towards worst mod i bought imo) and a ipv3 li vr(got on release/never put it down since I got it) I wouldn't say i'm clumsy with dropping stuff but have dropped it head level or less about 10times or so and once from a 2 story building at work, and all tho some nics/scratches it still works perfect.

Also when looking at a expensive tanks/rda's, say kayfun v4 don't buy the authentic 1st buy a clone 15-20$(us) and if your set on that item then buy a authentic.

It's so hard to -guess- what you want and everyone will prefer 1 device tank/rda etc to another. So we can all recommend <insert item here> but it's a learning curve to find what suits you the best. Istick is good for this since there cheap and reliable to a point/easy to find. My Isitck 20w stick still works over a yr, istick 50 still works after about 8 months That's why i recommend something with 50-80watts to start either you will grow into it, or tootle puff away at 15watts or so. That's the easy part finding the right sub tank/rta/rda is the hard part and are hit to miss depending on the user. I've bought 7 tanks(rta's) over about 6-7months, 1 precoil tank(nautlius mini) and 13 rda's in the same time period until i found what best suits me IPV3 LI VR + Vector rda with a 4post center post change.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I have lots of mods. I started with an eGo, then an eGo Twist, and then a ProVari. My mini 2.0 ProVari will be 3 years old in a couple of weeks and had worked flawlessly. (The 2.0 and 2.5 have the same electronics, only the pattern on the body and color offerings are different.) I have 2.5 minis in different colors, P3, a Classic and now a Radius. I also have mechanicals and bottom-feeders, but my ProVaris are my go to devices. I can't recommend them enough. They are regularly dropped on a hardwood floor (I'm a klutz), have been dropped on the cement garage floor and the 2.0 mini went flying when I was in a rollover accident that totaled my truck. Not one of my ProVaris has misfired.

I smoked for 40 years and have been tobacco-free for 3.5 years now. They were more expensive when I bought mine, but I don't regret a penny I spent. The prices on sale are quite reasonable now and calling some of them "blems" are a joke - good luck if you can find the blem.

A new option is that you can get a flat top put on the 2.5s to be able to use the new P3 threaded tanks If you choose (I haven't, I like the tapered top). Some people say ProVaris are underpowered, but I question that outside of hobbyists. The vapers I know vape under 20 watts, if that.

There are lots of options on the market now, but for a durable, variable power, midrange wattage device, made by a company with outstanding customer service, nothing beats a ProVari.

Last edited:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
yeah cf4 and a Nautilus mini with juice less than or no more than 50VG to start with at 15W.

Perfect.

There IS something to be said about the old ego and clearo (I'd prefer an EVOD) route though, it does teach you the ins and outs of maintenance and then when you buy your CF4 and Nautilus you have something to keep in a cupboard loaded with juice for an emergency I suppose...

but really a CF4 and Nautilus mini will save a lot of hassle and the money you'll spend on the ego starter kit that will go in the cupboard for emergency use...

Then again from a philosophical standpoint - if you've never experienced the ego + clearo / evod / ego-c experience - can you TRULY be able to appreciate the subtank or Nautiilus experience...? Perhaps you need the beginner kit to fully appreciate the better kit and flavour experience down the line....

All that said, my CF4 and NM is my ADV, my CF4 and subtank Nano my pleasure / treat vape and I do still use the ego+evod for serious work meetings when I need to stealth vape.... Sometimes I do still like the feel of the thing in my hand and will vape it in front of the TV or on the train and also I take it in the library with me when I work in there.

I'd still assert the opinion based on my own experience that owning an ego and EVOD, and a CF4 / I stick with a Nautilus Mini and a sub ohm tank is the best all round option, but could be overwhelming I suppose getting used to them all for a beginner....

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi,im a 15 years smoker.I heard about E-cig years ago,but back them the market is still small,and i don't want to try it before it get bigger and products get safer

First of all,I'm currently living in Canada,so can anyone form Canada share some good,legit web-store you been using so I can buy form them without worrying if they are fakes.I did googled,but websites i found are neither small (lesser and older models) or insanely overprice.

Yes I know I can buy most stuff form their official US website if they have one ,but Canadian custom hasn't been my best friend for last couple years.And I still not sure if e-juice may have problems passing the custom even with non-nicotine ones

Second it safety VS power for mods.I don't think I will get a mechanical mod since my only goal for now is reduce the smoking of real cigarettes.So if we put the "mechanical mods" aside,do I still need to worry about safety when i look between different mods for over 60USD like Evic-supreme or Provair V2.5?

I been coming back and forth between Provair 2.5,P3 and Evic-superme,anyone willing to offer your opinions?

Here is what I have so far:Every where I check,people on the Provari side been saying Provari has a higher price because of it's higher build quality and "MAKE IN USA".

But that's is what puzzled me: If Provari's price is higher because the cost of building a better quality product is higher,then why provari V2.5 came out at 169USD and now its 79USD on their official website with not stock limit ?Did they change to lower end part?Did they downgrade their build quality? Or they just added 90 USD for their branding and "technology advanced " at that time(V2.5) or even dipping on people's
patriotism.Since its 79USD on their official website with not stock limits,clearly they can still make money form this prices.
So if this product is so well build and safe that it worth 169USD for many people don't need more power for vaping.It must the best choice for people like me whom just looking for something to reduce the smoking of real cigarette? It's almost the same price as a Evic-supreme now.

For less expensive ones like Evic-supreme and SVD 2.0(price when they all just came out,they are cheaper than Provari V2.5), V2.5 may have better build quality,but for safety are they close ?Or close enough for not to be worry about?

Thank you.

I am well aware of the Canadian Customs. To put it bluntly its a Peeping Rip off. A friend that lives in Ontario haf loaned me two very rare books. I read them and mailed them back. I insured the books so if they were lost or stolen the insurance would pay go replace them. She called me freaking out because Canada Post was wanting her to pay $100 to get her own books from the tax man. They called me and I confirmed they were her books and I was simply returning her property. My voice wasn't good enough I had to write a letter and sign it in the presence of a Notary and mail them that notarized letter before they would release her property.

Now about Provari reducing the price. The cost of materials mah have gone down, or they outsourced the labor to China or Viet Nam.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I think, when you're just starting vaping to get off smokes, buy a simple set-up and see if it works for you. Millions of people are able to quit with a $20 ego with Ce4. Going off into building coils, mixing juice, temp control, etc is more about the hobby-aspect and less about quitting smoking. This hobby-aspect can be quite complicating and might not appeal to everybody. Modern beginner set-ups:
-I-stick30 with nautilus
- Innokin endura kit
- Subvod kit
-coolfire IV with (example) aspire K-1, eleaf Gs air, kanger protank/aerotank

Older set-ups, but still great:
- evod/evod glass/evod2 kit
-justfog 1453 kit

Which one you should buy is a matter of personal preference. Find some YouTube reviews of the tanks and batteries mentioned to discover what's important to you :)

When I have someone that wants to get into vaping I start them off with an X6 battery and a disposable CE4. If vaping us not for them they toss the CE4 and return the battery. All they have lost is some $ on juice.

I'd vaping is for them I install either a Vivi Nova or Pro Tank 2 on the battery, and they pay me for the tank and battery. $11-15

Later on if they want to upgrade to a better tank or mod i get order what they want and they reimburse mh actui cost. I have started four smokero onto vaping that way.

Reactions: Muru

Version-Vapor-Vaper

Dec 15, 2015
If I were you I'd probably go with the Kangar sub ohm kit because it comes with everything you need to stop (except the juice, unless you happen to buy from a shop who's pushing their juice) and it's under $60. Also the Kangar tanks were the first ones I tried where I was able to just stop and never wanted another cig. There are some things you should KISS with (keep it simple, stupid):thumbs: and this sounds like one of those times to me. This rig is easy to setup and maintain at an attractive price, also the Kangar name is a good one. Save building coils and all that for a later lesson.

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
If I were you I'd probably go with the Kangar sub ohm kit because it comes with everything you need to stop (except the juice, unless you happen to buy from a shop who's pushing their juice) and it's under $60. Also the Kangar tanks were the first ones I tried where I was able to just stop and never wanted another cig. There are some things you should KISS with (keep it simple, stupid):thumbs: and this sounds like one of those times to me. This rig is easy to setup and maintain at an attractive price, also the Kangar name is a good one. Save building coils and all that for a later lesson.

That's fine if they are used to a lot of air. If they are just coming off analogs. I would recommend a good mod and Nautilus Mini.

I learned that lesson the hard way. Some people can't cope with big air.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
I'm leaning toward a eVic vtc mini too. mainly because of I found atomizers cost more then I thought,a kayfun v4 at the website i'm using cost about 140 USD, and HST here is 14%.I guess im just a little uncomfortable committing over 300 USD to something I have even try once(vaping).And I can't find any explore case though Google.so I guess provari have to wait for later upgrade .thank you for taking the time to reply ~

Hi Lex! Welcome to ECF, and congrats on quitting cigarettes.

The Evic VTC Mini is a FABULOUS device!! Don't bother with a Kayfun V4.. I loved my Kayfuns, but better and cheaper options are available. The Uwell Crown Mini tank gives MUCH better flavor, you can fill it right from the top without worrying about leaks, and new coils are less than $2 and last for a MONTH with my juices. That tank ALSO comes with a RBA (rebuildable atomizer head) and you get the whole tank and RBA for about $25 on sale.

I use the eVic VTC Mini AND the Crown, and love them both a LOT. The latest, greatest gear and very affordable!

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
That's fine if they are used to a lot of air. If they are just coming off analogs. I would recommend a good mod and Nautilus Mini.

I learned that lesson the hard way. Some people can't cope with big air.
Anything with an AFC handles that problem. It doesn't take LONG before having that big air is nice.

Version-Vapor-Vaper

Dec 15, 2015
Two bears, I was looking for something better and bought the nautilus when my kangar 1.8 coils weren't working anymore and I thought I couldn't repair them from spare parts (eventually I did). Worst vaping decision I've ever made! IDK maybe I just got a bad nautilus from aspire, but that thing leaked juice from everywhere it could and it ruined my battery in about a week.

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
The iPV and Sigelie series offer great starter kits that can be utilized for some very advanced RTA's ands RDA's should you decide to dive into the rebuilding route later on. Both were recommended to me by some on this this board and the vape shops I went to. I could not be happier with my choice this time around.

I went the cartomizer route twice and did not quit. They did not give me the total satisfaction I needed, the carts were also expensive, and not very convenient for ME. Three tries and I found something that works with my Sigelie and tank. It is a science but at the same time, it comes down to finding a medium YOU like.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Anything with an AFC handles that problem. It doesn't take LONG before having that big air is nice.

Not always. I almost lost a friend recommending the Subtank mini.

She got it. Could not deal with the airflow went running back to her clearomisers and Ego batteriees.

I learned the hard way and she didn't talk to me for over 3 months.

Just because you and I and lot of others like and want big air doesn't mean everyone does.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Two bears, I was looking for something better and bought the nautilus when my kangar 1.8 coils weren't working anymore and I thought I couldn't repair them from spare parts (eventually I did). Worst vaping decision I've ever made! IDK maybe I just got a bad nautilus from aspire, but that thing leaked juice from everywhere it could and it ruined my battery in about a week.

Sorry you had issues with the Nautilus Mini. It worked like a dream when I used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread