Hi again guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky750

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2009
Liverpool, UK
I'm looking to start vaping again, I used an Intellicig for a while it was great but the batteries would die in my pocket and filling carts all the time drove me mad. I'm after something that will get me through most of the day without too much messing about or carrying loads of spares etc.
Cost isn't really an issue reliability and minimal fuss is far more important to me If I'm to stay off the evil weed. What kit would guys recommend a shopping list would be good for everything I need lol.

I'm currently working offshore so internet is a bit sketchy and I want it all ordered so its there when I get home to start.

Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Welcome! I carry an ego twist with a clear ego mega dual coil cart. It takes about 3ml of juice and vapes nicely. I swapped out the rubber tip for an acrylic drip tip. The ego twist fully charged (1000mah) can actually get me through a work day.

But if I'm worried I'll take one spare ego and a 10ml bottle with me to work and I'm set. Not much.

Mind you I carry more but I've gotten away with the minimum listed.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I vape a Provari with AW 18650 IMR batts. I still carry a spare battery if I'm going to be away from home for more than 4 hours. I used to carry a freshly charged 1000mah battery for my eGo.

Even with standard resistance atomizers, battery life is iffy for an all day vape. Lots of people have a spare charger in their car for emergencies and carry extra juice and a spare battery for their PV. It's just a way of life for us. A small plastic snap top box or a zip lock is easy to store in a glove compartment, along with a spare charger.

For long vaping time, look at the 3.5ml and 6ml Smoktech DCT tanks or their equivalents. They use a carto inserted into a clear tank and can give you a couple of days of vaping on a fill that only takes a couple of minutes. Battery life is the only thing you have to have backups for with those.

Last edited:

NGIB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Hinesville, GA
If you do not want to worry about swapping batteries during the day, you want an 18650 mod. With batteries available up to 4000 mah, you can go days between charges. They are larger diameter wise than eGo's but their capacity makes it worth it. I'm a keep it simple fella myself and I just got this in the mail yesterday and it works great. Put it in unregulated mode, screw on a ViVi Nova tank and you're good to go for an entire day. Being able to buy batteries from anywhere is a great benefit to me as I'm not tied to e-cig vendors.

While the Twist is nifty, it's very large for its capacity and the 650 mah is only going to get you 4 hours of vaping - less if you are jacking up the voltage. I gave the Twists I had to my son as I found I was generally around 3.7 to 4.0 volts anyway and an unregulated device comes off the charger at 4.2 volts or so. Another option is the EPower 14650, has the benefits of the 18650 mod but is smaller in diameter. (The EPower is out of stock at many vendors but quite a few carry it).

Joyetech eGo-T Mod 18650 2200mAh Battery - MyFreedomSmokes.com

E-Power 14650

sparky750

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2009
Liverpool, UK
Cheers guys a lot to read into there I don't mind carrying a spare battery but one is the limit with the Intellicig it felt like I was constantly swapping them.
I'm not always near my car or power source for a good few hours hence the battery life thing but on spare is bearable.
Looked at the janty kit above because it seem to come with everything and promised to last all day. I will basically need a full kit of whatever I buy it all seems very confusing now with catomisers cleromisers tanks and god knows what else.
If someone writes me a list saying this is what you need to buy from here I'll buy it lol.
Thanks again guys, I'm now off to read up on the stuff recommended and see if I can get my head round it all.

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Sparky,

As you are also in the UK, here is a list of good UK suppliers -

ALL ABOUT E-CIGARETTES UK - Recommended & new suppliers (e-cig/juice sellers)

My list for your next step up would be -

1 x Riva 1100 mAh kit -comes with 2 1100 mAh batteries 5 cartomisers, 1 Vision ego clearomiser, a drip tip to use with your cartomiser, charger & case. Use discount code ECF for 10% off -

The VE Riva 1100 Deluxe Kit £34.95 - Deluxe Vaping Kits - Riva 1100 Kit Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Plus some e-liquid of course.

Or if you fancy one of the bigger battery mods - have a look at the Argento (add the batteries & charger -
Argento

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Cheers Crissie ordered bought a few bits extra that looked shiny like a tank thingy and some juice I'll let you know how I get on. I figured the 510 fittings will work with most upgrades in the future and for £30 I can't complain too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please do let us know how you get on Sparky :)

sparky750

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 31, 2009
Liverpool, UK
Ok so getting home Wednesday was cancelled due to fog I finally made it home this morning.
Right the Riva kit, I charged it up and started using it with ry4 (i think) liquid and the vision clear thingy.
At a guess I'd have to say 2 batteries will get me through a working day which is a vast improvement (just swapped after almost 5 hours of vaping)
The clear thingy is a doddle to fill well impressed straight out of the bottle takes seconds I holds 1.6ml. So 2 of these and a spare battery should see me through the day that I can live with.
Overall I'm loving it and for £35 I can't really complain had about 2 cigs since I started so way way down on the 10 I probably would have had.
Overall I'm very impressed miles better than the Intellicig I used the other year especially with regards filling and battery life.
The only problem is now I've started reading up on things this could get expensive lol
I have been vaping almost non stop and I seem to remember doing that last time for a little while my only concern now will be flying with liquid etc I don't see it being a problem at airports but heliports tend to be like airport security by the Gestapo time will tell.
Thankyou all for your help any other suggestions on how best to spend my hard earned always gratefully received
Steve

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So pleased to hear you are getting on well with your Riva - that kit is such good value, hence why I link to it so often.

Honestly, vaping needn't be expensive. I used to b a very heavy smoker (over 50 a day) & I reckon due to careful buying, I only spend about £10 -£12 a week on juice & cartomisers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread