Hi all! New to vaping - looking at upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

supernaut76

Jun 6, 2014
Melbourne
I bought a nicotine free cig-alike off a tobacconist here in Melbourne a few weeks ago. It was crap but the experience was intriguing enough for me to order a vapor4life Titan. I wanted something that was cigarette looking enough but with the performance. I'm quite pleased with it - but was hoping to improve the experience even further. I have a couple of questions that I really hope you guys can help me with. I don't smoke a lot - used to average 2-3 cigarettes a day so vaping only 1/2 hour a day or so right now.

1) I want a better experience than the vapor4life. What would you recommend in terms of accessories ie: tanks, e-liquids etc that would go with the Titan

2) What's the next device I could upgrade to? I heard the innokin I taste was pretty good. I don't want something that looks and feels like a thermonuclear device :)

3) I want a really really good e-liquid. I don't smoke a lot so happy to pay a premium. I need to also be able to get it from someone who ships to Australia at a nominal price

Thanks!!

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
I am a fan of Innokin Products I have the SVD the VTR and MVP battery mods and all three are fantastic, I also have pretty much every atomizer they sell. If your looking for a great vaping exp. I would suggest the SVD unit using an 18350 IMR battery this will keep the unit in short length mode I would top that off with the Iclear 30S atomizer. This is what I would do personally. If later on you get into rebuilding units I would suggest topping the SVD with a Kayfun lite Plus for the ultimate experience.

soulcatcher

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Behind You *.*
For as little as you vape you would prob get good use from a standard ego-twist battery along with Evod bottom coil tanks. The 'Twist' batteries have a small range of variable voltage which would prob be more than enough for you at this time ie. you can turn the power up or down to suit your taste / vape.

The evod tanks fork well IMO, they are cheap, and easy to clean (you can remove the wick from the coil, burn off any gunk, and the re-wick with plain 'ol cotton vs replacing the entire coil head) ... and as an upside the coil heads are rebuildable and replaceable so you don't have to replace the whole tank.

Oh, and the iTaste VV is another fairly small battery that has variable voltage / wattage and a bunch of other features. Here's a link to one of many sellers---> http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/innokin-itaste-vv-v3-0-express-kit/

-Best of Luck-

Last edited:

supernaut76

Jun 6, 2014
Melbourne
Thanks guys! So the innokin itaste seems to be the way to go. I'm just concerned about the size though. I'm a little concerned about the size though. It does seem a bit large. However if it makes for a knock-out experience then I will have to seriously consider it. Is the innokin itaste offer the best performance/size ratio?

epicmood I'm just a bit concerned about those mods being a bit too large and unweildy to hold. What are the advantages of these over the Titan I have now?

silar

Jun 5, 2014
United States
I'm with you on that.. I vape because I smoked at least a pack a day. It works for me. I'm cig free, but if I was only smoking 2-3 cigs a day... I would have just quit completely and never went to vaping.

2-3 cigs a day?

You should quit.

(That sounds troll-like... sorry).

I don't know the scene your way, so it's tough to give you good information. BUT, I do however know that the brand you use is infamous for being unbelievably expensive...

(That doesn't sound good either... oh no...)

I'd better leave... :)

Good luck.

ChurchMouse

Apr 24, 2014
Illinois
There are two different popular Innokin Itaste devices. Both have variable voltage and variable wattage, both have the advantage of pass through capability (you can use them while they're charging), both are widely used and generally regarded as good quality.

One is the MVP 2, which is a box shape and may be what you're thinking of when you say "unwieldy". The actual size of the unit not including tank is about the height and thickness of a pack of cigarettes, but slightly narrower. The advantage is an insane amount of battery life, enough that a heavy full time vaper might only have to charge it every couple of days. It also has an output setting and can be used as a portable battery pack to charge other devices, like a cell phone. Many, many vapers own and love them. A few do find the shape and/or weight (a battery that size won't replace a gym membership but does have substantial mass) a bit unwieldy or just don't care for the way it looks. I have one and yes, the performance is great but if you're looking for a small, light device for light use you may want to keep reading before making a decision.

The iTaste vv v3 has the approximate shape and weight of a spinner or larger mAh ego battery, except it is squared like a long tetris block rather than a round cylinder like a lipstick. Battery life is about a third (actually a bit less) of the MVP and there is no output setting, but the plus is that it is smaller and much lighter.

The MVP can be found for $35-40 USD, I've seen the smaller vv v3 on sale for under $30 USD. Both usually come packaged with a charger and often with at least one innokin iclear tank, but read the description thoroughly to be sure especially with the vv v3 as I have occasionally seen it listed as the unit only. But I don't know anything about shipping to Australia, I'm sorry.

If you want to keep it even simpler, a variable voltage ego style battery (I'm partial to my 1300 mAh vision spinners, but joyetech and kanger also make quality batteries) and some kind of replaceable coil clearomizer or tank (kanger, aspire and innokin brands are popular and all have several types to choose from) plus charger might be just fine for your needs.

Happy vaping!

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Are you Melbourne, Australia?

You should ask on the Aussie Vapers Forum (I'm registered on there).

There are a few companies ripping off Aussies with e-cig kit. You need to be very, very careful.

(You also need to find a good a way to get a nice liquid, even if you don't need a lot).

- - -

I feel bad now, I should have spotted your comment at the end of your post....

The "deal" in Australia is nasty. I have heard stories about people buying-in batteries/tanks for triple or even quadruple the UK/USA price from certain companies that ship to Australia. It's disgraceful. I can only offer my sympathy.

soulcatcher

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Behind You *.*
Thanks guys! So the innokin itaste seems to be the way to go. I'm just concerned about the size though. I'm a little concerned about the size though. It does seem a bit large. However if it makes for a knock-out experience then I will have to seriously consider it. Is the innokin itaste offer the best performance/size ratio?

epicmood I'm just a bit concerned about those mods being a bit too large and unweildy to hold. What are the advantages of these over the Titan I have now?

I know personally that size is a big issue when you are starting out. I can say that you will get used to the size w/ time and use. Def look at the form factor of each option. To keep it relatively small and still get a good vape I would look hard at either the Ego-twist style batteries (which are variable voltage) or the Innokin iTaste VV; those will be the smallest variable voltage battery options.

The ego batteries are quite portable even though the size is bigger than a cig-a-like. I always have one on a lanyard around my neck and don't even notice it at this point (and I usually keep a spare ego and a mechanical mod in my bag as well).

You will trade some size and portability for a much better vaping experience. I don't think you will be disappointed one bit.

supernaut76

Jun 6, 2014
Melbourne
Thanks. So I'll do some research on the kanger and joyetech ego twists and also consider the itaste vv. The provari mini looks sweet - but too expensive for my blood at this stage! I am going to consider it. Its just that I'm afraid of shelling out big bucks and then not really liking it.

Djsvapour, yeah based in Melbourne. I'm actually being pretty careful re: comparison shopping. Also I'm used to paying a premium for shipping to Oz anyway - so its par for the course I guess.

Hehe, yeah I know I should stop and I probably could. But I enjoy my 2-3 cigs a day. Its a bit of stressful time for me at present so I don't want to quit. I'd rather transition to a safe alternative that is not gonna kill me. I read recently that the risk of IHD with smoking 1-4 a day is substantial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread