Hi, and some stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintermute

Dec 17, 2009
NJ
Hullo all! Brilliant forum you've got here, I've been lurking it for a couple of weeks and have some thoughts and questions. Sorry if the questions have obvious threads to go to but I'm still figuring out the layout of the forum.

q1. I intend to try to switch entirely from analogs to vaping. I'm a little bit terrified by the stories in the health section of post-quit tar-purge etc. I've only been smoking analogs for about a year and a half, should I be concerned?

q2. The rules say no drug talk, does this include vaping caffeine? (I don't even know if it's possible) Perhaps a silly question but I completely respect that rule for its value in protecting the public opinion of e-cigs.

q3. Anyone know where I can find a North American site that sells Rose flavored E-liquid? Had rose shisha in a hookah once and loved it. The idea of vaping rose flavored liquid greatly excites me.

t1: I'm amazed at the wealth of knowledge here, and at the creative minds at work on the forum. It's extremely exciting to be on the frontier of a new technology and new cultural phenomenon, and it seems the community here is at the cutting edge of both. I was particularly astounded while reading the "Are we getting it" thread in the nicotine subforum while reading both hypotheses and data about nicotine absorbtion and MAOIs from cigarettes and their potential role in smoking cessation (or failure thereof).

t2: Isn't it amazing how... futuristic, sci-fi, even cyberpunk the idea of an e-cigarette is? They are like a rejection of organic food and hempseed soap that proclaims "Natural is not always healthiest." and "Technology can improve our health."

t3: I'm a fool for ordering my first PV with free shipping. 7-20 businesses days....

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hullo all!

Welcome.

Brilliant forum you've got here, I've been lurking it for a couple of weeks and have some thoughts and questions. Sorry if the questions have obvious threads to go to but I'm still figuring out the layout of the forum.

q1. I intend to try to switch entirely from analogs to vaping. I'm a little bit terrified by the stories in the health section of post-quit tar-purge etc. I've only been smoking analogs for about a year and a half, should I be concerned?

I'd say no. I smoked 3packs/day for decades and I had about 4 days of heavier 'morning cough' and that was it. None since. There were other things in that first month - slight temp, dreams, sleeping more, then sleeping less, mental pictures of smoking - but all went away, got tastebuds back in shape. No morning cough now and lighter upper respiratory.

q2. The rules say no drug talk, does this include vaping caffeine? (I don't even know if it's possible)

Not possible. There are coffee and cappuccino and expresso flavors but just flavoring. Same with some 'alcohol' flavored juices. No effect basically. The no drug talk is so that we don't get associated with that.

Perhaps a silly question but I completely respect that rule for its value in protecting the public opinion of e-cigs.

q3. Anyone know where I can find a North American site that sells Rose flavored E-liquid? Had rose shisha in a hookah once and loved it. The idea of vaping rose flavored liquid greatly excites me.

Nhaler's 'lung juice' used to have one but no longer - perhaps asking Drew there would get you some. There may be other places. There is a rose flavoring if you make your own, here:

FlavourArt - Rose 3ml Sampler

Just add some nicotine juice and some glycerin.

t1: I'm amazed at the wealth of knowledge here, and at the creative minds at work on the forum. It's extremely exciting to be on the frontier of a new technology and new cultural phenomenon, and it seems the community here is at the cutting edge of both. I was particularly astounded while reading the "Are we getting it" thread in the nicotine subforum while reading both hypotheses and data about nicotine absorbtion and MAOIs from cigarettes and their potential role in smoking cessation (or failure thereof).

t2: Isn't it amazing how... futuristic, sci-fi, even cyberpunk the idea of an e-cigarette is? They are like a rejection of organic food and hempseed soap that proclaims "Natural is not always healthiest." and "Technology can improve our health."

t3: I'm a fool for ordering my first PV with free shipping. 7-20 businesses days....

Well, welcome to this ship of fools. :) Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread