hi, i'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.

biffette

ECF Veteran
i'm new to e-cigs, & to this board. i don't really have anything important to say. i just wanted to post so i wouldn't be one of those people who join but never post. i have a message board of my own, & i hate when people do that. :p

i haven't joined a new message board in years & years. i almost don't know how to act. :oops:

so yeah, i'm new, & you can call me biff. all lowercase. i'm an old lady. (48) ha. i live in America. i'll be married 30 years on Sunday to the most wonderful guy in the world. i wish i could clone him & pass him around. (no i don't. i keep him all to myself) i have 2 sons who are in their 20s. they're great. they don't smoke. i scared them off of it... not by telling them it was bad for their health. kids don't care about their health. i told them that they would always be broke. kids understand broke. no grandkids yet. *whew* i'm old fashioned enough to want them to be married first. is that so wrong?

i tend to use a lot of emoticons. i've been known to stray off topic... a lot. i will try to behave myself here though.

i'm a huge They Might Be Giants fan. does anybody here like TMBG? if not, you should. seriously. :p

i started smoking when i was 12 or so. it was the 70s. cigs didn't kill you back then, & they were cheap! i quit in high school. that lasted 2 or 3 years, then i fell off the wagon, hard.

i got a KR8. i don't know if that's the "good kind" or not. :p my husband is doing the PVs too. we can't do anything by ourself. it would never work. we're all in, or all out as a general rule.

so... that's my story, & i'm stickin to it.

it's nice to meet you all. i hope you have a rockin day!

sekhmetsfire

Nov 10, 2010
N Syracuse, NY
Hi biff! Welcome and Happy Anniversary! I started with 510's but I hear a lot of good things about the KR8's. I totally understand what you mean about your hubby and you either being all in our out. My hubby and I are the same way, he switched to vaping with me, or it would have been a failed before I blinked endeavor. Well enjoy the forum and happy vaping!

CBB

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi, welcome, and happy anniversary.

I am sure you will like your KR8. They are a very good PV the only problem you may experience is short battery life and frequent changing. If you find you are a heavy vaper you may need extra batteries or get a large battery kit that will take KR8 cartos like the Riva-901. 6-10 hours per charge on a big battery.

biffette

ECF Veteran
wow, you guys are so nice! thanks for all the good wishes & welcomes. you made my day. :D

did i mention that i met my husband when i was 13 & he was 15 & we dated for 5 years before we got married? it's true. ;)

we started with one kit to share, just to see if we'd like it first. we're waiting on more juice & stuff now. it should come today. i ordered some extra batteries of the XL variety, to hopefully last longer. i also ordered some extra adapters, & a USB hub for charging. i've already read quite a bit here, but that library link will surely come in handy. thanks. i chose the KR8 because MistressNomad (i think i got her name right) mentioned it in her video for broke people. that's me right there... a broke person. from a lot of what i've read here & there, the KR8 is a lot of people's first PV. my husband can vape in the factory now, which is great, cuz his job is pretty stressful these days. i don't think making the switch will be much of a problem, once we got enough juice. he already has people at work asking him to get them starter kits. :lol i don't know why everybody doesn't have the internet by now... but whatever.

so... do we not have any TMBG fans here? that's too bad, cuz they have a new CD coming out, & i'm all excited. :lol oh well, i like you anyway! *group hug*

this might actually turn out to be fun. :D what is life without the kicks, right? it's the little things...

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Welcome biff!

I'm lost, but never go off topic. Nope, not me...

Not a TMBG fan, but do really enjoy OKGO. And Web Wilder. And a bunch of others. Does that count?

Congratz on your marriage length. You've got me beat, but that's generally not hard to do unless we're talking arm wrestling or marksmanship.

Seems like you've gotten a good start. As long as you remember to have fun on your new journey, you'll be great.

"Great 48" would be a good name for a band. ...or a car...

biffette

ECF Veteran
welcome, jteezy. :D

@ Hoosier... i like OK Go's videos, but i've never listened to a whole CD of theirs. they've opened for TMBG in the past, but i wasn't at any of those shows. did you know that John Flansburgh (of TMBG) manages them? he used to anyway. don't quote me, cuz i don't know if he still does. :p he's also producing the new Jonathan Coulton album, if you're a fan of his. i know that for 100%, so you can quote me.

i never heard of Web Wilder. i will have to check em out.

i like your fictitious band name. when i start my band, i'm gonna call it ADD/OCD. hehe. story of my life. either that, or i'll get with my son's girlfriend & start a Beatles cover band, called the Zombie Beatles. we'll do all Beatles songs, but substitute key words in the titles/lyrics with 'BRAAAINS!' instead. like, for instance... Eight BRAAAINS A Week. it'll be fabulous. too bad i can't sing or play a musical instrument. :lol (or maybe not)

i'm a pretty good shot. you'd be surprised. i'm a hillbilly chick, after all, & i have 4 brothers. ;)

well, i bet the mailman came by now. i hope my stuff came! thanks for helping me kill some time while i was waiting. i'ma go walk up there & see what i got....

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I like the zombie beetles idea!

I was an OKGO fan when the only video they had done was about ping pong, Table Tennis and You. Not a song in that vid. I chanced upon them singing Get Over It and looked them up and found that video and had to order a CD right away.

If you have any hill in ya' and know that Ark-Miss blues/rock-a-billy sound, you'll like Web Wilder. (Best remake of Baby Please Don't Go ever, but my favorite song of Web's is Tough It Out with Too Much To Dream a close second.)

The only musical instrument I can play is the radio/cd-mp3 player. I do dance, like a cow on roller skates, but my singing is bad. The GF's choir group made me sing for them once and it was enough for the rest of their lives. They are content to let me sit and listen to them now. (A madrigal group, so I don't even understand all the words.)

Hope the mailman brought you something good...

biffette

ECF Veteran
thanks robot_roo :)

i got one of my orders, so i have some juice to hold me. this is a learning experience for sure. this place will go to the top of my "good" list. my package came fast, & i got a free sample. cool beans.

the other place i'm waiting on is making me kind of mad, cuz i paid 2 bux extra for "express mail" & my order still hasn't come. not good. boo.

i ordered my USB hub through amazon, but i forget the name of the actual retailer. i didn't pay extra for faster shipping, so they get a by. :p

at least i can juice up the carts i already had so i don't have to smoke analogs. *whew* i was worried.

i think i'll get double flavors from now on though. see? i already learned something. :D

@ Hoosier... i love the cow on roller skates thing! i'm gonna steal that right now, cuz i'm an even worse dancer than i am a singer. :p

do Web Wilder rock? i don't care if they're bluegrass, as long as their music isn't slow. i'm tired enough as it is. :p i gotta RoCk.

when my kids were little, i used to sing to em to get them out of bed in the morning for school. it worked every time. they'd wake up saying... "don't sing!!!" :lol i still do it when they're home visiting & i gotta get em up for something. i couldn't carry a tune in a solid gold bucket!

but how good does a zombie need to sing anyway? ;)

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Well, with vocal chords like that Zombie Beetles is a great fit.

"When I was in the cradle momma used to say to me, don't ya cry cry cry. She turned on the radio and fed me rock and roll and I was gone gone gone...". Web Wilder - Tough It Out
I'm sure it has had someone do some weird video for it on youtube.

(It will get your mojo going if you aren't dead.)

biffette

ECF Veteran
well, i'm not dead yet, so booyah! i'm gonna search em up on youtube as soon as i get a spare minute. :D

thanks for the kind words, slimest. i tend to be almost sickeningly optimistic most of the time. :lol i don't know why. i just never felt like pessimism ever got me anywhere.

i'm pleasantly surprised by the vibe in this place. i think i'm gonna like it here. YaY!

btw... after i got all juiced up, my battery ran out. argh! if the ones i ordered don't come tomorrow, you might get a chance to see my dark side.
evilgrin.gif

well, my honey will be home any minute. i'll see you tomorrow... or way later tonight maybe. sometimes i get on at night, & sometimes i don't. after dark my eyes tend to get all screwy & it's hard to post. i go all typo city central when it's late. (late for me = any time after like, 9 pm. hee) it's a long story with my vision, but i'll save that for another day.

have a good one, everybody. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread