• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hi I'm new

Status
Not open for further replies.

heather

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Hello! I am so glad there is a women's forum. OK, here's where I am at with vaping. I am still having trouble putting down the analogs. I have vaped some/part of the day, but still can't think about not having that morning cig/coffee combo. And even when I say, it's only going to be one, it turns into a lot! Any suggestions would help. Also, it just so happens that I started this right about the time Aunt Flow came. (basically started vaping three days or so ago, and today Aunt Flow came to visit)

My question, should I wait til mid cycle to really dig in my heals? When is the best time to start something like this in relation to a women's cycle? I am extremely addicted to cig's. I mean all of it, the 4000 chemicals, the habit, the ritual, emotionally...etc...I use it as an escape like most people. It is my one and only selfish thing I do just for me, and it just might kill me. Go figure! I have three small, adorable, loud, demanding children. I run outside for 4 minutes to recoupe, and then I'm OK.

Can I just say, I am so glad there is a place on here that I can talk about "girl stuff" and not have to worry about grossing the guys out! LOL

Everyone, please just give me your thoughts/advice.8-oand thanks in advance
Heather

Jennee26

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
Welcome to the Women's room Heather! :) If your monthly gift stresses you out more than normal, then go ahead and wait till your pretty much done to get started good with the e-cigs. What I would do is maybe go with a higher nic juice. (not sure what your using now). Most people start with a higher nic juice to help with the cravings from analogs, then cut down from there. What you can also do is when you feel like you need to smoke, grab the PV and vape till it calms the cravings. Wait until you realllllyyyy need that analog before smoking one. It takes some people longer than others to completely give up the analogs. But it can be done. Also, I know some people make a stopping point. Such as, when they finish their current pack of analogs, they aren't buying anymore, it's strictly vaping for them and it's helped them. I think as long as you have them you will smoke them. We all know how expensive they are, and wouldn't want to throw them things in the trash. And you have the wonderful ladies here in the women's room to lean on for help and support. Hope this helps at least a little. I may be able to type more later. :)

heather

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Thanks,

I have a joye 510 w/ manual batt. I've got 12mg juice that I use to top off. I also have a bottle of 26mg juice that I drip on the atty for when I really need a quick fix.

Just got samples in from NHALER in peanut butter cup, banana blast, blueberry crumble, and pralines and cream. I have been using the peanut butter cup so far, it is just now tasting slightly like peanut butter, I guess just from the primer finally being gone. (they are the high voltage liquid and they do produce more vapor)

I also have 3 unused bottles of 0mg in coffee and camel.

My friend who smoked -roll your owns- (who I introduced to e-cigs BTW) has made the switch completely with no problems at all!!! Just want to throw something at him!

I am currentley smoking the last analog in my pack, and if I want more I have to go to the store. So, I am going to try to make due with the e-cig until it's time to pick my boys up from school. I think I can make it, I feel a little "smoked out" right now anyway.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Welcome Heather! Nice to have you in the Women's Room..move over Ladies..make room! :D
Look I know how I feel about coffee..life's blood and all, but do you think you could swich to O.J. in the morning.first thing? If you can, you might be able to forgo that first ciggie. But until then, just take it a day at a time!
There is no reason you can't take your breather's outside witha vape. I had 2 a year apart..Oh good grief..it was neverending. The crying, the whinning the ..oh the kids..they we good, that was me!
Don't sweat the small stuff, there is no race to quit or whatever. A lot of people on this board's goal is NOT to quit, but to cut back. Most of the ones who did quit, did it by accident
Post often, laugh and relax with us.:)

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
I found that 3 things helped me when I switched to vaping. The first was thinking of it is switching not quiting, that way I could trick my brain into not missing the cigs as much. The second was to think of getting the e-cig as a reward for myself. I spend a lot of my time doing stuff for the family and putting off what I'd like to buy because the kids outgrew yet another pair of shoes, or the car needs repairs, or ... Spending a good chunk of money on myself to get started was such a treat that I felt like a kid at Christmas when they first showed up in the mail. The third and most important for me was laziness. I put my cigs in one part of the house, my lighter somewhere else and my ashtray somewhere else, but I kept my e-cig right by me. To smoke I would have to go find all of the things I needed, but to vape I just had to pick up my e-cig. I told myself I could have the cig any time I wanted, but I'd have to get up and find everything first so I'd plan to go get it in a few minutes when I had time, but I'd have the e-cig right then. Somehow I never got around to getting up and going to get everything. Laziness won every time :). And if you need a cig, have one. Think of how much progress you've already made, how many times you've chosen to vape instead of smoke and pat yourself on the back! Then once the kids are in bed grab a good book and your e-cig and treat yourself to a bubble bath and think of how good your bath products are going to smell when your sense of smell comes back :).

heather

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Thanks everyone for the encouragement!

Mary Kay, I'm here, had to pay some bills online and now hubby will be taking the computer to band practice for recording purposes. Now I just need my own computer!

Moonflame, The laziness factor doesn't work for me, but I am doing better. Smoked the e-cig today from 12-4pm, not bad in my day. Plan to smoke it in the bathtub for sure! I don't smoke reg cig's in the house of course, so that IS a treat.

Crankyfuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Heather, I think everyone is right you have to decide when you want to quit. I just started vaping Friday and I smoked right up until the first charge was finished and made up my mind no more. I think what helped was I had taken all the ashtrays cleaned and hid them and put my smokes outside. I did try to smoke an analog the third day in and found it to be nasty and stinky so maybe just trying to quit for a few days will do that for you to.

By the way I find in the morning I need the strong stuff to go with my coffee I used to chain smoke in the morning with my coffee so I feel no guilt in using the full strength stuff and dripping a bit.

Crankyfuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
I only realized I needed a higher dose in the morning because I kept feeling like something was missing. I tried the higher dose in the am with the coffee on margs suggestion and it has really helped me.

I remember when I would quit smoking in the past and if I started the day smoking the rest of the day was shot as far as getting away from them. I think you get the mentality that just one more wont make a difference since I have already had one.

Maybe telling yourself you can have only one (or whatever number you choose) analog during the day but only that one will make you save it up and maybe you will find you really don't need it after thinking about it. And cutting the number back on how many you can have each day soon you will be down to no analogs and vaping instead/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread