Hi to all and a newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
I am new to vaping after being on analogs for about 12 years. I bought my wife and myself the new penguin and we love it. Been about 5 days since I've been able to vape as last Thursday my doctor did a deep clean on my ears and removed a lot of wax from around my right eardrum he assured me it's a non hygiene issue that he suffers from too much wax as well. I think it somehow irritated things because my throat has been extremely sore since. To the point where i can only smoke, vaping makes it hurt really bad. Is there a time limit I should wait before trying to vape again? I stay hydrated that isn't an issue. By the way I'm married have 4 boys all but 1 grown and out of the house. We live near Daytona Beach in Flagler county 1 county north. I Hope to make some frienda here and get back to vaping asap. Thanks for your time and any suggestions appreciated.

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
Hey Ron, and welcome! I'd just play it by ear (ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh), and keep trying the vape periodically until it isn't unpleasant anymore. The inner ear canals are really close to your soft palate, so I have to assume some irritation is at play. Do, of course, see the doc if the sore throat persists.

I'd suggest trying your wife's vape too. I find when juice has had an opportunity to sit it can be very unpleasant until the old stuff vapes off and makes way for the fresh stuff. Especially true with tank systems, in my experience.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm assuming it's irritation too and I hope it clears up soon! IDK if your doc does "info" calls, but you might want to call and ask about the throat irritation if so, because it does seem to me it *might* be a sign of problems, or even unrelated? You could have caught strep? I remember my kiddo's pediatrician had "sick" and "well" waiting rooms and all it did, (since there wasn't any division between them really, and the toys, books, and air were all "shared") was make me MORE aware of all the invisible germs floating around....

Hope it clears up soon and you can get back to vaping, and welcome to ECF.

Anna

Reactions: Possum64

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Ron, welcome to the forum. I don't know much about the Penguin system. Some new vapers have sensitivity to either the PG or VG. PG mostly can cause throat irritation, VG mostly lungs and sinus irritation. You could try a lower percentage of PG eliquid and some use a Hall's cough drop till they get accustomed to the eliquid. Hope can be of some help, keep us informed.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Just a thought. My wife gets throat irritation from too much PG. You might try a different liquid.

I've never tried the Penguin...It's on my list...but when I have a cold or something, I sometimes have to go to an older setup (like and evod or protank) and vape at lower power until I get over it.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Early on in vaping I got a cold and couldn't vape for a day. What I noticed when I restarted was the first hit was tough, but it wasn't actually hurting my throat much. It sets off the irritation, but doesn't particularly cause it. Smoking causes tiny scratches in the throat and liquid nicotine condenses on them.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Hello everyone,
    I am new to vaping after being on analogs for about 12 years. I bought my wife and myself the new penguin and we love it. Been about 5 days since I've been able to vape as last Thursday my doctor did a deep clean on my ears and removed a lot of wax from around my right eardrum he assured me it's a non hygiene issue that he suffers from too much wax as well. I think it somehow irritated things because my throat has been extremely sore since. To the point where i can only smoke, vaping makes it hurt really bad. Is there a time limit I should wait before trying to vape again? I stay hydrated that isn't an issue. By the way I'm married have 4 boys all but 1 grown and out of the house. We live near Daytona Beach in Flagler county 1 county north. I Hope to make some frienda here and get back to vaping asap. Thanks for your time and any suggestions appreciated.
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    Sore throat can be caused by a few vape related problems. PG and some nicotine combinations can be problematic.
    Suggest you run a test and purchase a small amount of e-liquid which is 100% made with VG with and without nicotine (plain USP grade VG will work too).
    Please see : V5. Intolerance to e-liquid ingredients
    A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    The penguin is quite a strong vape and often quite harsh even with the 0.6ohm as opposed to the lower resistance one.
    I don't think I could vape it with any kind of sensitivity going on.
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.
    My plan when things are not going well is to vape gently with older kit a bit like @Grimwald

The penguin drifts in and out of my life. Mostly, the drawbacks are too much for me.
    *I MTL with basic tanks from 2015-2016 (around 12-14w) and DTL almost exclusively with Eleaf coils unless I use a rebuildable dripping atomizer or squonk set-up.
    (It's another language sometimes, I'm sorry*).

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    The penguin drifts in and out of my life

That would make an awesome secret agent code phrase. To which I would respond, "the throat hit of high PG and high nicotine hurts."

Sorry... couldn't resist. :D

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread