Hidden advantages of Vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I meant to post this for a while now, but I would love to hear what else people have gained or gotten to enjoy about vaping that we could not as smoking. We all know about food tasting better and smell and all that. What about other things though?

For me it was the other day when I had not noticed that it was going to rain when I went out. Now I love the rain, love the smell of it(well usually) love the sound of it, love a good thunder storm. As a smoker though I was forced to kind of hate it because smoking in the rain is a PITA. You have to juggle an umbrella and your lighter, usually trying to block the wind and looking silly, then you have to protect that cig form all the rain drops and so on. Really ruins the entire "out in the rain" experience.

However my unexpected trip in the rain was a pleasure once again. Sure I was getting wet, so what I will dry. I did not have to worry about it. Just keep my PV buttons covered and try and keep the tip of my ProT inside my coat when not in use and I was fine. I had forgotten how much I loved walking in a nice gentle rain.

vaping 1,450,212.4 - Smoking 0

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You brought up a great point. I had quit smoking and using an e-cig of some sort for a couple of months. I happened to go outside for a quick trip somewhere. It had just stopped raining, and while walking to my car I noticed the sweet earthy smell of new fallen rain on the grass and earth. It was then that I realized that I had not noticed that wonderful scent or aroma in what seemed like years. I had to pause momentarily and just take it all in. It was one of those "moments" that makes you thankful that you finally were able to stop smoking.

I've also noticed that I don't need to spice up my food as much to enjoy its flavor. It's nice knowing that I no longer smell like a walking ash tray. I recently gave a smoker a hug and was somewhat repelled by the smell. I now try to avoid smelling the area around the ash trays outside of the grocery store entrance as the smell nauseates me.

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
last night I made it through 3 hours of bands playing in a non-smoking venue without getting all pi$$y- and being put off by those who *were* smoking and grossing me out.

I am constantly apologizing to my non-smoking boyfriend now that I realize how badly I smelled for the 7 years we've been together. thankful he put up with it!

Last edited:

BigBaby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
West GA
Oh...and I'm free of the "obligation" to share my pack or give people cigarettes.

"Say...can you spare a cig?"

(Show him my e-cig.)

"Oh...eh...thanks..."

I have all but forgotten this one because I rarely get asked of a cig anymore. However, when I first started I was working somewhere where 95% of people smoked and everyone just walked around bumming all day. Now I have been in school for a semester where I have not encountered these people, and start a new job tomorrow morning.

SABOTEUR

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Baltimore MD USA
I have all but forgotten this one because I rarely get asked of a cig anymore. However, when I first started I was working somewhere where 95% of people smoked and everyone just walked around bumming all day. Now I have been in school for a semester where I have not encountered these people, and start a new job tomorrow morning.

What's amusing is the reaction of people you rebuff upon learning you no longer smoke. They inevitably return weeks later and are astonished (disappointed?) that you're still using electronic cigarettes.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
1) Not beating myself up for smoking. That little voice that says 'What is wrong with you' or 'You know this is incredibly bad for you' or 'You smell bad' or 'You WANT to walk around hooked up to an oxygen machine in 5 years???' is gone. That beeyotch is gone.

2) Not having to empty ashtrays. Every few weeks I'd also manage to dump one all over the place and have to clean it up. Straight up nasty, even though it was in the garage. Blech. No more of that! Yay!

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
How about actually enjoying the money I spend on vaping.

Did anyone really ENJOY buying a pack of smokes? - in fact over the last year.. I got more and more depressed spending 9$ on a pack lol.

Every day having to stop at a gas station or convenient store and wait in line behind the 4 old ladies buying 40 lottery tickets each
now I have everything on me, and never need to wait in line again :)

The joy vape mail brings to me every time it arrives will never compare to buying smokes

what was the coolest thing that came out? a cigarette holder? a cool bedazzled bic lighter?

Oktyabr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2009
Next to the ocean, WA
oktyabr.wordpress.com
Last summer some friends and I went on a four day camping trip. I took a full carton of cigarettes along "just in case". When we went on some short hikes we were always divided into the non-smokers, who lead the way, and the smokers, who tended to move a little slower, stopped more to "catch their breath" and wanted breaks to have a smoke.

I'm looking forward to THIS summer's camping trip! ;)

molli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
Being able to vape in the car and not annoy the family. This state has made EVERY SINGLE 'rest stop' a non-smoking one, except in your car with the windows UP. I also took great pride in throwing away every single ashtray, except the 'older than I am' one that has been handed down in the family and holds spare change.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
1.) When I was a smoker, feeling betrayed or like I lost a friend when THEY would quit smoking. (Silly, no??)
2.) Not getting soaked by rain coming in my car window while smoking while driving in a good rain because I'd have to have the window partially open.
3.) Not having to run out to the convenience store at 3 o'clock in the morning in the rain, cold, sleet, even in a snow storm if I happened to wake up and I was out of smokes.
4.) no more smell to the car interior, and better yet, no more color commentary from the family regarding same.
5.) no more snide comments from family about smelling like an ashtray.
6.) not having to stop for smokes, and ALSO pick up a snack, buttered roll, candy, or what have you....(I'm losing weight, AND saving another small fortune on snacks and goodies I'd buy while buying smokes.)
7.) not having to 'check in' with co-workers or friends before stepping outside for a smoke, to see if they would like to join you, and feeling guilty if you did not at least ask them first.

Jeeez, I could go on and on, but I will restrain myself......

Last edited:

Litta'sGabby

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Sandston, Virginia, United States
God willing I will be buying a brand new car tomorrow! I will never stink it up with cigarettes, their won't be ashes anywhere and I never even looked to see if the new car had an ashtray! (I used to look to see how big it was and how many butts it would hold) My mom asked me today if it came with an ashtray and I told her I didn't even know. I reminded her I was vaping now and she was delighted that I had not gone back to smoking! So....add making Mom happy to the list. So close to Mother's Day, and it probably was the best gift I could have given her. I wish you could have heard her reaction to learning I wasn't smoking! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread